+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New(ish) bard question - power chord and cadence macro & invigorating soul

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default New(ish) bard question - power chord and cadence macro & invigorating soul

I was wondering if I should macro power chord with cadence like:

#show Cadence
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Power Chord
    cast Cadence

or if it should be reversed with it behind Cadence for movement only.

Also as heals go by so fast, I am assuming that cadence is the only ability that heals using Invigoratin soul and power chord is just a builder and mild dps'er?
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

They work too differently and apply uniquely to too many spur of the moment situations to give either a pure priority. Separate them and hit the one that makes sense at the given moment.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-17-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

It really is better to just have cadence on its own, and use powerchord as part of a cp builder when on the move:

#show power chord
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast power chord
    cast swift shot

(you can also insert any other 2cp builder stuff you may have depending on specs, like dusk strike if doing a nb variant)

this will allow you to easily pop in with 2 cp, then go to cadence for 3 (unless you need slightly more healing, then spam cadence. The macro above also allows you to build cp on the move beyond a normal bards range. Don't nother wasting all your cp up on CoR unless healing is needed, otherwise use the 5cp for debuffing, minor dps/speed boost via hasted shot or preferably just keep them until needed.

Yes, invigorated soul is specced into, and allows cadence to heal for 100% of cadence damage (this is why +dmg % skills like in NB effect cadence healing, and why +ap stuff effects CoR more.

at the moment, bard healing, for what it is.. is balanced between CoR healing and invigorated soul, you can choose to go heavily to one side or the other depending on play style, but it will not net a higher overal hps over long periods.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Ok, thank you
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    Don't nother wasting all your cp up on CoR unless healing is needed, otherwise use the 5cp for debuffing, minor dps/speed boost via hasted shot or preferably just keep them until needed.
    If only that was true. ID geared bards are pretty much forced into 2-3 CP CoRs.

never had to do 2-3 cp cor, not ever, in any raid.. bard really should not be the focus of healing, nor focus on healing soo much, is it possible to get good numbers? yes, but tha'ts usually because the actual healers are dead (that is why you riff/virtuoso and spam cor on 5cp until they get rezzed and are running heals again) as a standard bard anytime a real oh **** heal is needed there is VoV, which heals the entire raid all at once, and in my id gear, for a good amount. There are plenty of abilities to help us attain 5cp when we need it fast, reducing ramp up time to 3 seconds and even 1 second.

never had to do 2-3 cp cor, not ever, in any raid.. bard really should not be the focus of healing, nor focus on healing soo much, is it possible to get good numbers? yes, but tha'ts usually because the actual healers are dead (that is why you riff/virtuoso and spam cor on 5cp until they get rezzed and are running heals again) as a standard bard anytime a real oh **** heal is needed there is VoV, which heals the entire raid all at once, and in my id gear, for a good amount. There are plenty of abilities to help us attain 5cp when we need it fast, reducing ramp up time to 3 seconds and even 1 second.
    I think the reference was aimed towards the songblade.

o.O ???

saw nothing about songlbade, and why would that matter? CoR every 6 seconds when you've got songblade is far more important that trying to keep top heals.. I can't even remember the last time it didn't crit.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 08-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Ascendant

Here's the basic math for the Songblade (aka ID geared)...

10s out of every 60 for motifs.
    2-4s out of every 60 for CoJ.

Songblade requires 4 CoR every 15s best case to maintain the buff (5 people per CoR for 15s, I'm assuming that CoR will crit at least once every time it is cast).

You only have 48-46s available out of every 60 and within that you need to do 16 CoR which give you ~3s per CoR. CoR itself take 1 second which gives you a max of 2s to build CPs between CoRs. Best case in 2s is 4 cp (Power Cord + 1s clipped Cadence) followed by a 2s 3 cp cadence.

This is the absolutely the best possible. The reality is you actually get a bit energy starved and due to normal latency end up loosing a GCD here and there over 60s which means you are usually down to a PowerCord+CoR and a Cadence+CoR.

Also, as best we can tell both the Songblade and the Archon offhand have a 15m max range for the buff from the caster. Haven't done enough testing yet to figure out how smart the buff is about applying either.

I've messaged York about the issues with the Songblade and he's looking into it but it likely won't get changed until SL goes live but hopefully it will sneak in before then.

Also still need to run the math to figure out if 50 AP/SP for everyone in the raid is worth the loss of 300-400 DPS for the bard.

Also VoV even in full ID gear heals for jack all.

good data here, if in it's infancy.. this is just another reason why we really need to sit down on pts with full barding desired gear and test things out and talk them over.. We need to go to Band Camp!! haha, but no really, glad somethings are finally being added, absent mindedly, but we would really appreciate some teamwork on this barding thing. Imo, we kinda deserve it...

and yeah, VoV is a tad weak, barely getting 2k+ heals x20 (if in range) and that's in combat fully raid buffed with everything proccing.. still seems like bard ended up being lost on them after the beta 5 nerf.

pending numbers, I would prefer a proc on heal effect.. rather than CoR.. after all, we get that much using greaters or trinkets and they proc on nearly all of our "Heals"

p.s., take a look at that poison idea I had and let me know what you guys think.. lots of views and no response sometimes great ideas come from dropping a deuce!
    Last edited by Mirimon; 08-19-2012 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread