+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zazen

Thread: Laethys P1 question

Rift Disciple

Default Laethys P1 question

We are at the point where we are getting close to P2. We have gotten to P2 a couple times. I am trying to eliminate some of the problems that keep us from P2 at a regular basis. One of them is the 2 Greed Elemental. As we bring the second adds in they almost always do their AOE smash in unison resulting in a wipe. Since out DPS is tight as it is our guild leader suggest we dont put any DPS on one of them earlier. Would it be a smart idea to put like 10% DPS on it earlier so it goes down fast when we bring the second group of adds in? What do you guys do? I tried doing the diffuse thing and I guess they fixed it because I got rocked lol. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Neonaraj; 08-17-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    We are at the point where we are getting close to P2. We have gotten to P2 a couple times. I am trying to eliminate some of the problems that keep us from P2 at a regular basis. One of them is the 2 Greed Elemental. As we bring the second adds in they almost always do their AOE smash in unison resulting in a wipe. Since out DPS is tight as it is our guild leader suggest we dont put any DPS on one of them earlier. Would it be a smart idea to put like 10% DPS on it earlier so it goes down fast when we bring the second group of adds in? What do you guys do? I tried doing the diffuse thing and I guess they fixed it because I got rocked lol. Any help would be appreciated.
    Have your Laethys tank grab one of them, and your cleric tank bring the other to the raid. That way the first one is far enough away to not AoE the raid.
    Kaybye ~

We avoid getting hit by the Greed's aoe by all standing max melee range behind the boss, and slightly to left or right back leg, pretty much. We don't kill either of the Greed Elementals either. (The only people who take shock waves are the warriors and drain rogues irc)

Basically:

Maintank Taunts Mage > Cleave it Down > Add tank runs in > AoE down small adds > Add tank moves out with elemental > 2nd Mage Spawns > ST down(as boss is like 55% at this stage we need to ST and not cleave to have time to AoE down) > Pull adds in, AoE. At the time we pull 2nd add wave in, Laethys usually hit's P2 and we AoE them down in transition.

This is how we do it anyways, it depends a bit on your raid dps what your best choice is, but you don't need to kill the greed elementals at all.

We rarely have anyone die to double shockwave, it only happens if the add tank pulls them into boss in a weird angle and you get shockwave+red circle/orb or something silly like that.
    Last edited by Haipaa; 08-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    AFK.

Its all about Positioning.. The Add tank in our grp runs to the side of the leathy tank. So the adds are under the boss and cleaveable. Everyone has to be on point and know were to stand.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for all the great tips guys. This is all going to guild wall ;)

As a piece of general advice for the entire fight - get as much health as possible. Over 8k and the closer to 9k fully buffed the better.

Pick up the Endurance PAs if necessary or use a Drain spec with Riftstalker but you'll find a quantum difference in the fight when you move from a 7k health minimum to an 8k minimum.

This is especially noticeable in phase 2 when hit by double orbs.

Aside from Haipaa's spot on strat for you: Heroic Titan Warding Potion + Endurance Seal + Physical Wellness (if you're using a rogue tank that is) or a Purifier with Gathering of the Ancestors.

+ Reply to Thread