+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Quick Rogue Question.

Default Quick Rogue Question.

Soooooooo...

Any r50 rogues want to tell me how PvP is for them? I always play rogues in MMOs, but they're often underpowered, or get horribly nerfed because people whine "Oh a rogue ganked me and I died, they must be OP, nerf them".

So, at r50 when you're all decked out for pvp, how do you fair against other classes around your rank/gear? Most of the r50 rogues I see kinda suck... Wanted to know if they're just bad, or if it's the class itself? Since hybrid pyrolocks seem to be able to tank AND dps better in pvp than the r50 rogues I've seen.

More detail the better.

Soulwalker

Slic tends to have good pvp videos, plus a lot of them, so even when I played Aion at release, I usually would watch his to see how rogues were at endgame, since he actually knows how to play a rogue.

However I'd like a few opinions about how they are at max rank, even from other classes.

Rogues are overpowered.

...EDIT: Okay I'll elaborate a little more haha.

Saboteur has the best AOE deeps in the game, and it's got a ton of CC and a lot of mobility and defense if you play it well.

Marksman is disgustingly mobile, has pretty great DPS, and the utility is amazing.

NB/RS is there if you manage to lose all but two fingers.

Stealth is also pretty overpowered, even the weaker iterations of it.

So rogues have a lot going for them, honestly.
    Last edited by Zaros; 08-13-2012 at 09:00 PM.
    ~Quiescent

They are stronger than the average bear.

Well, I knew rogues have potential, but I didn't know how their damage scaling worked as they approached max rank.

Yes, sabo is rather ridiculous (It doesn't really suite my play style so I tend not to use it), MM I find tends to have somewhat low damage against evenly geared people, but it's mobility and things like vamp make it a huge help in group pvp, so I often use it as a support dps in warfronts.

NB/RS I use often, but I don't play it as a 2 button class, I play it because I get melee and ranged dps from one soul, and end up playing it as more of an 8 button class. :/

I also have a sin/rs/mm(or nb, seeing which I like more) which seems to work quite well, especially in wpvp.

Just as my rogue is r38, with only pvp armor and weapons at this point (no pvp trinket/core ect) It's hard for me to tell how I'll be doing at r50.

meh, ignore slic vids, he shows himself blowing up unassuming, afk, undergeared, or just squishy classes all together with sab cd's up. When the game is afoot he runs, when he has no cd's he runs.

As for stealth, it's only merit is when fighting only 1v1..

MM is usually a kitefest/purge spam, as getting caught in melee usually means dead mm, but against casters its more tricky, as that 5 meter difference between a mm's range and a casters range shrinks fast after all the internet connections take place, in a perfect world, where nobody has bad internet you might get away with kiting a caster.., unless they use some gap closers also

There are some decent specs out there, but fighting an equally geared and skilled cleric will usually result in a loss, same goes for very good mages, who have very good self healing atm and will only get better self healing with SL.

Sin variants for st, mm variants for aoe/utility (not counting cq, as cq doesnt count as pvp)

Thanks Mirimon.

I'm not expecting to slaughter everyone at r50, I'm just hoping that after all the work of getting there + gear, I don't have to struggle for every kill.

Soulwalker

Oh Mirimon, cmmon, your post is completely biased...

Rogues are op indeed : Eradicate needs a rather small cd (but take care of planar blade and don't make me angry first...), mm dmg needs to be a tiny bit decreased (in pvp at least) and nb needs to see its defensive cds WAYYY tuned down, as well as its exceptionnally too good synergy with rs.

As for sab... I don't see anyone ever complaining about cabalists, which tend to have the same amount of aoe dmg output (or a tiny bit less, fine). But anyway, that's NOT the point : as you stated, sab is cd dependant and you need to use your utility skills well to be actually usefull. Do you imagine ? You need to play a pvp spec right to be good at pvp, so op indeed... My sab has more than 20 separate keybinds (the often used ones huh) and only one mouseover timebomb macro, so I guess it's not as simple as you put it. In premade vs premade battles, or simply when people know what they're doing, no one dies to sabs. Sorry for not yelling at a pvp spec that currently works. If people actually played pvp a bit better and didn't stand still or clump up like ******s, sabs would stop playing sab by themselves. But it's not gonna happen. So get away fom the main cluster and derp as usual !

Finally, about Slic... Well I learnt rogue by watching him. Plus, he's rather entertaining and has fantastic music tastes so let people judge by themselves ! =)
    Last edited by KarsaiB; 08-14-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Rogues are fine. Sab is the most overrated pvp build in the game, it's not that great. MM is great and when you're R50 you can start playing NB because you'll have the survivability. Both are good fun builds.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Sab is the most overrated pvp build in the game, it's not that great. .
    Ok, lol.
    AFK.

Soulwalker

Sab is the most overrated pvp build in the game, it's not that great.
    You clearly havn't a clue

As my signature tells you, I am a rogue. I love PvP on the build in my sig.

Now it is a glass cannon build. My melee survivability stinks, you will 2-4 hit me in melee. But that's fine, I have range, utility and mobility in spades and, my ranged DPS rocks. It's nothing for me to knock 3-4K off you in two shots while I'm still moving mid shot. Then I can use multi target shots and knock a good bit off 4-6 of you at once. I can silence, interrupt, remove some of your buffs, snare you, all on the move with just momentary pauses for a couple of shots.

OP? Not at all because I can't handle melee well at all, and if you can slow or snare me, I'm easy pickings. That's what an archer/sniper should be. A powerhouse as long as it isn't caught, but a dead duck if it makes one single miscalculation and gets caught.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

Sab is so overrated. If pvp was about dps we'd all be playing pve builds in pvp. Sab doesn't have the tools to do as well as a MM or NB.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Sab is so overrated. If pvp was about dps we'd all be playing pve builds in pvp. Sab doesn't have the tools to do as well as a MM or NB.
    Or a cleric, or a warrior, or a mage, or really anything except for under geared players that don't know what they are up against.

EDIT: Trolling with choking gas bombs is hilarious though.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 08-14-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast