+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Theory on Rogue Soul.

Default Theory on Rogue Soul.

DISCLAIMER: This is merely an idea and is similar to the prestige class of the same name, belonging to the Forgotten Realms universe.

Thaumaturgist

The thaumaturgist joins in pacts with beings from other planes of existence. Depending on intent of the thaumaturgist, the beings which the thaumaturgist summons may be mischievous or beneficial. The nature of the relationship between thaumaturgist and planar creature may also vary depending on the current intent the thaumaturgist wishes the planar creature to perform, which may range from providing assistance, interfering or attacking.
    Of particular interest about the thaumaturgist is the fact that they often form a long-term relationship with a specific summoned planar being, which is called a "planar cohort." The thaumaturgist can choose from a number of creatures from the four planes. A thaumaturgist who shows great dedication can often summon the assistance of multiple "mediocre" planar creatures or one "exceptional" planar creature. The exceptional planar being is so powerful that it will demolish any contract with any other being the thaumaturgist might have.

What do you think?

Sounds like a mage.

New Rouge soul is going to be a Ninja
    Server: Laethys, Guild: Nefarious, Char: Ebonella

my web design: http://www.advancedws.com.au
    I7920, x58 ud3r, 2x5870 crossfire, 3x27"@6080x1080 eyefinity, 6gig, 64&128G SSD, g15, g5, win7x64, hvr2200.

The new soul is going to be a healer. That's the only role the rogue lacks. Imagine the "dancedancechannelingwavedaggersprinprinfuuusshhhp ewpewBOOOM-you're healed!" thing. I'm so dropping my warrior for good if they lemme me backstab some heals on my team mates!

I think warriors are getting a healer...plate healer, the only thing this game lacks! ...Going to go lvl a warrior now, bbl.

Ascendant

There have been some teasers. If you look at the shadow of the Warrior here http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/souls/ (second from the left - note the calling symbols) you can make out a quiver of arrows on his back. This is strongly hinting at a ranged soul of some kind. So perhaps an archery themed Warrior for them.

Then if their Warlord soul is converted to a true support soul (though this is a guess on my part it was mentioned the Warlord would be getting very significant changes during the Harbinger reveal) it will leave the role break downs as follows:

Rogue - Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Support, Tank
    Warrior - Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Tank, Support
    Cleric - Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Healing, Tank
    Mage - Ranged DPS, Melee DPS, Healing, Support

Of course what the Rogue and Cleric will get is anyones guess. But since Mages did not get a tank I'm not expecting brand new roles for them.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-11-2012 at 04:37 AM.

You know that if they give warriors a ranged soul it'll render the rogue calling useless, right? Hope i don't have to explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisson View Post
    You know that if they give warriors a ranged soul it'll render the rogue calling useless, right? Hope i don't have to explain why.
    they clearly stated that they are trying to give each class something it does not have.
    think total opposite.
    it is a conundrum for clerics and rogues tho cause theres not much they cant do already, albeit different grades of quality
    so heres hoping for something totally wiked aye
    all these chicken littles in all these threads need to realize its a long way off and the whole game will be different by then and after

for rogues tho im hoping for something toward an engineer that can drop turrets like in cq
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 08-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    who took my names!

All I can say is it had better be a healing soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    they clearly stated that they are trying to give each class something it does not have.
    think total opposite.
    it is a conundrum for clerics and rogues tho cause theres not much they cant do already, albeit different grades of quality
    so heres hoping for something totally wiked aye
    all these chicken littles in all these threads need to realize its a long way off and the whole game will be different by then and after

for rogues tho im hoping for something toward an engineer that can drop turrets like in cq
    I remember a time when we could watch the first episode of a tv show and then wonder with our friends "hey, what do you think it's going to happen next? maybe he'll do it, but if he do that, but if he do that it'll be a mess to fix... :O" without getting a "omg, **** and wait for the episode instead of bother me with healthy speculation about some tv show you happen to enjoy! geez! they might as well change the entire plot 'til tonight! get lost! stay quiet!". =/

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    All I can say is it had better be a healing soul.
    And be the only calling who can do all 4 roles? I doubt it....or mages would have got a tank soul.

Soulwalker

im pretty sure during the live stream they said no one was getting a 4th role right now and that they wanted to keep everyone at 3

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    And be the only calling who can do all 4 roles? I doubt it....or mages would have got a tank soul.
    My thoughts exactly.
    If Mages had gotten a Tank Soul then I would expect Rogues and Warriors both to get a Healer Soul and Clerics a Support Soul.

But as it stands it seems that Trion is trying to give Classes what they want in the form of a new play style without creating any new roles.

For Mages and Warriors it seems an easy choice:
    Melee DPS for the only class without Melee DPS (Mages)
    Ranged DPS for the only class without Ranged DPS (Warriors)

Clerics and Rogues a bit harder to guess.

Rogues
    Healing for Rogues seems to be a popular choice but as noted, I don't see them getting a Healer role without giving a 4th role to all other classes.

Though it might be possible (Inverse Chloro) I can't imagine them mixing a DPS Soul with Healing.

So my guess for Rogues would be a new Tank role with healing abilities, maybe like Justicar.

Cleric
    Increased DPS seems be the greatest desire among Clerics but they already have 2 melee DPS Souls and 2 Ranged DPS Souls. I don't see how giving them an additional DPS Soul would bring a new play style to the class. The don't need a new DPS Soul, the just need better DPS for the Souls they already have.

They are already the best Healer so I don't them getting a new Healer Soul.

So my guess for Clerics would be a new Tank Soul with abilities that increase DPS that would offer synergy with their DPS Souls.

Just an idea:

They could turn bard into a healing soul and then the new soul could be another healing one that synergies with bard. There for keeping the number of playable roles to 3.
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

Quote Originally Posted by Crisson View Post
    I remember a time when we could watch the first episode of a tv show and then wonder with our friends "hey, what do you think it's going to happen next? maybe he'll do it, but if he do that, but if he do that it'll be a mess to fix... :O" without getting a "omg, **** and wait for the episode instead of bother me with healthy speculation about some tv show you happen to enjoy! geez! they might as well change the entire plot 'til tonight! get lost! stay quiet!". =/
    i remember time when people played games to have fun and posted in relevant forums for information sharing, help and general chit chat.
    not to ***** and cry like little children who just had their balloon pop and insult people they do not know
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast