+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pricia

Thread: Post 50 help....

Soulwalker

Default Post 50 help....

OK, got my Rogue to 50 and now I'm stumped. Did the first chronicle too. But now, what am I doing? Trying to "level" up Planar Attunement? How do I gear up for raids? How do I get enough life to do the random expert instances? I'm on Talos now and everything is 52 and, while I'm getting some quests done, they're killing me frequently and it doesn't seem that I should really be there yet. Anyway, anyone interested in helping guide me to what I am ultimately working on now that I'm done "leveling"?

Thanks

Rift Disciple

Start doing random experts to aquire plaques of achievement and marks of acension to get better gear then start raiding. You don't need a certain amount of HP unless you're tanking. Aim for 100 hit and a good DPS spec. My rogue alt going into experts as a new 50 could easily do 1k DPS single target damage with a good spec.

Ascendant

1) go to the rogue forums and check the guide. Pick up one of the dps spec that doesn't require a crystal (still in the guide) and check the solo/farming spec too.

2) farm invasions for inscribed sourcestones and get yourself a good sigil (it's just as important as gear).

3) if you have money, splurge in the crafted deathbringer set.

4) once all this is done, hit 'I' and queue for expert dungeons

5) use the plaques you get from them to improve your gear (the stuff is sold in Meridian/sanctum).

6) for random rewards at the end of a dungeon, take the greater marks of ascension

7) once you run enough dungeons and have 220 hit, join tier 1 raid pugs for weeklies

8) spend the marks you get there to improve your gear, but still take greater marks of ascension as reward

9) spend your greater marks of ascension on the HK gear in Moonshade. Get gloves, then belt/boot, then hat.

10) play conquests for exp, ISS and weapon/trinket upgrades (also do the order o the eye weeklies).

My rogue was HK ready in 3 weeks following those steps.

Spec bard, join random raids (weekly raids are easy pickings), get loot.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by cokronk View Post
    Start doing random experts to aquire plaques of achievement and marks of acension to get better gear then start raiding. You don't need a certain amount of HP unless you're tanking. Aim for 100 hit and a good DPS spec. My rogue alt going into experts as a new 50 could easily do 1k DPS single target damage with a good spec.
    Thanks for the help. It wont let me join the experts. But thanks.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldshield View Post
    Thanks for the help. It wont let me join the experts. But thanks.
    If you mouse over your stats on character selection it will tell you what you're missing. You'll need Dexterity and Hit. In the meantime, do zone events/invasions for Inscribed Sourcestones. Focus on getting your stats high enough for experts.

dbe
    General of Telara

Things to do at 50:

Get a fast mount. Quality of life improvement for invasions.
    Do invasions.
    Get the helm and leg enchant from the AH that adds 18 hit, to get into experts.
    Run experts until you're sick of them, not just the daily.
    Get more specs. Learn to bard, it will help you get into groups.
    Get a good solo spec. BD/Sin/RS (in Zyzyx rogue bible) works well at low gear levels.
    Test that solo spec on Ember Isle.
    Do the daily instant adventures quest.
    Do the daily chronicle, with a friend if needed (and it is probably needed til you get some gear).
    Get into the daily raid rift when you see it forming. It's easy and you get a chance at some great gear.
    Get a 4/2 source engine and FILL it. That's a lot of stats.
    Put lessers in the greater slots until you are sure the greater is better (most suck).
    Finish quest lines in Stillmoor and Shimmersand, the rep gets you rings/neck with hit on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cokronk View Post
    My rogue alt going into experts as a new 50 could easily do 1k DPS single target damage with a good spec.
    And that spec should be ranger

I'm not saying don't be melee, but it's very frustrating when you don't know the fights. IMO.

+ Reply to Thread