+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trinkets, What's Best?

Default Trinkets, What's Best?

So I tested out trinkets on PTS when I got the ID level raid gear bag and found the golem inductor was best. New trinket that procs 31 ap x5 like the GI didn't proc enough.

However, on live a mage in guild has the new trinket that procs 31sp (I've forgotten the name) and he says it procs more then the AMOP. That makes me think the devs played with all the trinkets and some things have changed.

Has anyone done any testing to check Heart of Malforge (with and without anger) vs GI v Conquest trinket v new 31ap proc GI version to see what's best?

When I tested the Heart of Malforge (I just got it so couldn't test much) it was at about 100 dps as a MM. How much is GI and the conquest trinket too, I can't recall. Do nightblade magical damage boosts work on the trinket, and since NB is awesome at procing things in general does it always keep 5 stacks like it does for the GI?
    Last edited by Mayi; 08-07-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

I tested for a few minutes before I realized it was stupid to bother. Conquest trinket destroys GI.

Someone posted some math in another thread, but the summation is basically that the Conquest trinket wins unless the GI gets up to 5 stacks quickly and never falls off for the entire fight. Since that doesn't happen, Conquest is better. Since the ID trinket is essentially just +1 AP, then it has to meet the same standard. Does it proc enough to never ever fall off?

So the only information you need is uptime. I've been told that it is the same uptime and proc rate as GI, but I can't verify through my own testing.

This is all mostly academic though. For progression, you would always use Conquest trinket for the 30 endurance.

For GI to be better than Conquest trinket you need ~85% uptime at 5 stacks to be better.

And, Conquest trinket boost your ranger pet stats, GI don't.
    Last edited by Haipaa; 08-07-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    I tested for a few minutes before I realized it was stupid to bother. Conquest trinket destroys GI.

Someone posted some math in another thread, but the summation is basically that the Conquest trinket wins unless the GI gets up to 5 stacks quickly and never falls off for the entire fight. Since that doesn't happen, Conquest is better. Since the ID trinket is essentially just +1 AP, then it has to meet the same standard. Does it proc enough to never ever fall off?

So the only information you need is uptime. I've been told that it is the same uptime and proc rate as GI, but I can't verify through my own testing.

This is all mostly academic though. For progression, you would always use Conquest trinket for the 30 endurance.
    In summary, BIS trinkets for everybody.

Well... everybody who chooses to spend several hours in conquest.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    In summary, BIS trinkets for everybody.

Well... everybody who chooses to spend several hours in conquest.
    Heh, yeah.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    For GI to be better than Conquest trinket you need ~85% uptime at 5 stacks to be better.

And, Conquest trinket boost your ranger pet stats, GI don't.
    I beleive Qan said for Bloodstalker you need that ~85% uptime at 5 stacks, and for MM/Ranger, the requirement is somewhere in the 60's, I think ~67-68%.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

when I play melee i have mostly 5 stacks... only if I play a range soul I have downtimes

it also depends on which encounter you play. when you have disconnects to the boss the pvp trinket is always better
    Gart - DPS Rogue <Veritas Et Aequitas>
    Brutwacht, Germany
    ID 7/8

Thanks for this info.

Been using GI for BS and NB, then using Conq for everything else. Will try raiding with Conq solely and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by EJAvil View Post
    Thanks for this info.

Been using GI for BS and NB, then using Conq for everything else.
    Proc rate of trinkets depend on the build used. With nightblade unless there's an extended melee disconnect you should always be at 5 stacks.

If I recall correctly:

NB > BS > BD > Ranger > MM > Sab

With nightblade you'll build to 5 stacks quickly and always be at 5 stacks, with Sab you'll almost never proc.

Anyways, what about heart of malforge? Anyone else have one drop, I doubt I'm the first. I'll be checking it out myself but hoped someone else tested it out first.

Conq/GI (depending spec and fight) >KPD (kpd's proc, no matter what you do, is horrible, and leaves gi having far more avg +ap up time)
    Last edited by Mirimon; 08-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

The important things to know when choosing the trinket is knowing how much it will proc with that build and where the damage/AP scaling comes from.

Ranger procs poorly so it would have trouble keeping up heart stacks or GI stacks and on top of that GI stacks don't even affect the pet so conquest trinket is the clear winner.
    MM also procs poorly so conquest trinket is the way to go.
    I've actually seen sab proc GI relatively well but sab has so much +%AP and +%dex that conquest trinket is the obvious choice.

The interesting part is with melee builds. They proc much more and can keep up GI and heart stacks quite reliably. However there are big differences in the style of their scaling.

49 NB, 17 sin is our only commonly used build without any +%AP from riftstalker or MM. Only thing it has is +6% from readiness 1+2+3. That means that 56% uptime of 5 stacks of GI gives more AP than conquest trinket and with its high proc rate this is achieved very easily. It then becomes a comparison between GI uptime, AP scaling and the around 120 dps from heart of maelforge. I believe GI gets a small edge here since NB does scale well with AP and GI stacks survive target switches unlike heart stacks.

Bloodstalker on the other hand has the most +%AP from any build. 25% from MM and 15%+15% from RS along with 6% from readiness 1+2+3 for a total of 61%. Counting in resonance the conquest trinket would give a steady 128 AP and GI would need 85% uptime to beat it. It's close but the 30 endurance and reliability of the bonus makes the conquest trinket the better choice. However the conquest trinket is still only around 80 AP as a base from which the scaling is calculated. If heart can push out 120 dps then bloodstalker would need 1500% AP contribution per second to reach that. I don't think it's quite that high, so I'd say heart is probably the best choice for bloodstalker. But again I'd say the difference is quite minimal.

I don't have the heart trinket on live so my trinket choices are GI for NB, conquest trinket for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Bloodstalker on the other hand has the most +%AP from any build. 25% from MM and 15%+15% from RS along with 6% from readiness 1+2+3 for a total of 61%. Counting in resonance the conquest trinket would give a steady 128 AP and GI would need 85% uptime to beat it. It's close but the 30 endurance and reliability of the bonus makes the conquest trinket the better choice. However the conquest trinket is still only around 80 AP as a base from which the scaling is calculated. If heart can push out 120 dps then bloodstalker would need 1500% AP contribution per second to reach that. I don't think it's quite that high, so I'd say heart is probably the best choice for bloodstalker. But again I'd say the difference is quite minimal.

I don't have the heart trinket on live so my trinket choices are GI for NB, conquest trinket for everything else.
    Yea, these are the two that interest me. Self buffed on the dummy the heart is 52 damage every 2 seconds per stack (without anger). So with 5 stacks that's 260 damage every 2 seconds or 130 dps tops... which seems low considering with MM I did 80 dps self buffed after the stacks dropped and I was energy starved, the proc overwriting itself probably makes for double ticks so maybe a little higher.

Then there's raid buffs and stuff like that and I'm not sure how the proc's effected by both nightblade magical damage % increases and % increases from raid buffs. I'd imagine raid buffs would effect it so would add another 14%. That's 296 damage every 2 seconds or 148 dps if you consistently had 5 stacks and started with 5 stacks.

I'll use it tomorrow and let people know how it does. I only play Ranger, Sab, BS and 51 sin in ID so I'll test it with all those specs but sab.

P.S. - the best ap scaling ability for rogues is expose weakness (followed by SoD I think) and expose weakness is 1000%.
    Last edited by Mayi; 08-07-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Used Heart of Malforge tonight. With Sin-RS it was 90 dps, with ranger and sab it's terrible.

I think the conquest trinket is a bit better myself, but when/if I get anger I'll recheck.

OK so I got anger and tested it with the wrath of malforge on the dummy. I have it doing 150 dps... so the question is, what's better? 120 ap as sin-rs from the conquest trinket or 150 dps (potentially more raid buffed). Does anyone know how much dps you get from each point of ap in sin-rs and nb?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    OK so I got anger and tested it with the wrath of malforge on the dummy. I have it doing 150 dps... so the question is, what's better? 120 ap as sin-rs from the conquest trinket or 150 dps (potentially more raid buffed). Does anyone know how much dps you get from each point of ap in sin-rs and nb?
    Ap to dps is going to vary spec by spec. 1 ap is usually about 1 - 2 dps. I'm gonna say the conquest trinket is better most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast