+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is there a Rogue melee soul that can compete with Marksman/Saboteur?

Rift Disciple

Default Is there a Rogue melee soul that can compete with Marksman/Saboteur?

I know Blood Stalker has great single target DPS, but almost no Multi Target DPS.

What about a melee soul that can do both Multi Target, and Single Target damage?

RIFT Guide Writer

All rogue melee souls are more or less single target. Assassin is pure single target, NB has some minor aoe and bladedancer a bit more than that. None of them are anywhere close to saboteur in aoe.

Bladedancer is what you're looking for. Like Gery said, it won't match Sab's AoE, but it still does better than Marksman while also have stronger single target. Also, it's one of the only rogue souls that's not horrifically energy starved without LE/Fervor.

That being said, BD is pretty weak without the HK 4pc synergy crystal, so if you're still gearing up, it may not be the best choice.

Personally, I find BD to be a ton of fun, and it's probably my favorite of the DPS specs. Unfortunately, it's not really worth using on most raid bosses. I mostly just run it in 5-mans.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-06-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Champion

i find nightblades ST to be a tad bit higher than bladedancer with comperable aoe so thats what i normally use but i do agree that bladdancer is a ton of fun. needs a slight boost in dps though.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

And no one wants to play blade dancer(because the rotation is too complicated for little to no dps gain.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

They should make bladedancer like champion.

Insane DMG in ST and AE situations? Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately BD hasn't been good since the release of the game. They should really fix the soul ,but with the expansion looming I doubt they have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Thematically it kind of is. A 100% melee soul with the same mix of melee AoE and single target abilities. Unfortunately it gets outdone by Champions quite severely in both areas and needs a buff in one or both.

Can't help but compare Cornered Beast's to Dancing Steel's cooldown and sigh a little bit. Heh.
    Last edited by Kedon; 08-06-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Insane DMG in ST and AE situations? Count me in!
    I'm not saying it has to be insane, but I'm playing Saboteur right now and I can honestly say I do absurd AOE damage, and moderately high single target DPS. I am bored though, and want to play a Melee for a bit. Unfortunately I can't find a melee DPS that is well-rounded like Saboteur is, but figured someone on the forums who is more knowledgeable with this game might know of a melee soul that could do both ST / MT fairly well.

Edit: I suppose I could try to melee as a Saboteur!! (ROFL)
    Last edited by AlphaUnicorn; 08-06-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUnicorn View Post
    I'm not saying it has to be insane, but I'm playing Saboteur right now and I can honestly say I do absurd AOE damage, and moderately high single target DPS. I am bored though, and want to play a Melee for a bit. Unfortunately I can't find a melee DPS that is well-rounded like Saboteur is, but figured someone on the forums who is more knowledgeable with this game might know of a melee soul that could do both ST / MT fairly well.

Edit: I suppose I could try to melee as a Saboteur!! (ROFL)
    Unfortunately you want to use your ranged weapon as saboteur, which means melee is more or less a nono, unless you can offset that damage loss with a higher damage gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    And no one wants to play blade dancer(because the rotation is too complicated for little to no dps gain.)
    PS Macro->KS->PS Macro->KS->Finisher? That's not very complicated, unless I'm doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Muspel; 08-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.

I'm still playing Riftstalker/Assassin/Bladedancer

It's not too bad for both single target and AE but then I'm not 50 yet and don't know how it holds up in raids. For leveling though I'm blasting through content. Walking away with full health after nearly every fight.

Macros used

Single target
    cast Reprisal
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Puncture
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Quick Strike

Multi Target
    cast Reprisal
    cast Phantom Blow
    cast Rift Disturbance
    cast Shadow Blitz
    cast Twin Strike

Like I said, I'm not sure how viable it is for raiding with or what it's like post 50, but for leveling with I'm having a blast.

As for PVP, I've used it quite lot and had some varied success with it. It's not great but it throws a spanner in the works for the opposing team. But again it's pre 50 so might not be any good come the level cap.

My PVP Macro

Defence
    cast planar refuge
    cast side steps

Anyway, thought I'd share

Quote Originally Posted by Staith View Post
    It's not too bad for both single target and AE but then I'm not 50 yet and don't know how it holds up in raids.
    It's significantly behind every other DPS spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It's significantly behind every other DPS spec in the game.
    Maybe so, like I said I wasn't sure if it held up at 50 or not. For leveling though I don't really care much, as long as I can pull 4-5 mobs, not die and have zero down time I'm laughing all the way to 50 as far as I'm concerned.

ATM I'm running normal dungeons to get a little bit of gear to aid in the last few levels to 50, what spec would you say I should take a look at to be a little better in there?
    Last edited by Staith; 08-07-2012 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast