+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about gear bonuses

Soulwalker

Default Question about gear bonuses

right now on my rogue, he is 3/4 HK gear, he is also 3/4 deathbringer still... are both AP bonuses stacking up? or is the Zardonis AP Bonus (35) overriding the DB bonus (20)? Im asking because its a bit confusing and i've been worried about replacing the DB gear because im under the belief that infact im getting a total of +55AP from combined both.

Telaran

You do get both bonuses, but the 4 piece HK bonus is going to boost your dps more than 20ap in most every viable dps spec. The only thing It won't really help is if you are doing 51MM with ranger crystal, but that is a utility spec for interrupts and purges, 51ranger is better for dps.

It is possible to keep 3/4 DB and 4/4 Zardonis, but Zardonis armor will per piece be better than DB, helping offset that 20AP, and give you more armor/HP to help with soloing. Infernal is even better. I'm guessing your third piece is still the ring, as the daggers aren't that fantastic, and you're going to come across rings that really beat that up too in stats, and hit.

Soulwalker

The set bonuses do stack. The higher stats from a single zardonis, or HK lvl ring is less than the loss of the 3 set bonus from deathbringer.

When I first upgraded past deathbringer back in january, I made my chest/shoulders the final items I upgraded in the zardonis set and when I finally did replace them, I replaced shoulders and ring at the same time instead of breaking the set bonus with one item. There are 7 items in the zardonis set, so you should be able to have both your 4 set bonus, and 3 set deathbringers at the same time.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfian View Post
    The set bonuses do stack. The higher stats from a single zardonis, or HK lvl ring is less than the loss of the 3 set bonus from deathbringer.

When I first upgraded past deathbringer back in january, I made my chest/shoulders the final items I upgraded in the zardonis set and when I finally did replace them, I replaced shoulders and ring at the same time instead of breaking the set bonus with one item. There are 7 items in the zardonis set, so you should be able to have both your 4 set bonus, and 3 set deathbringers at the same time.
    yeah atm i still have the chest, shoulders, and dagger (dagger because its 48dex and its AP has been higher than all the loots i have gotten to this point). the 3 hk pieces i have are the belt, boots, and gloves. everything else have been HK drops mostly including my #2bis rifle and both top BiS rings

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dessieheroic View Post
    yeah atm i still have the chest, shoulders, and dagger (dagger because its 48dex and its AP has been higher than all the loots i have gotten to this point). the 3 hk pieces i have are the belt, boots, and gloves. everything else have been HK drops mostly including my #2bis rifle and both top BiS rings
    When you say BIS for rings im assuming you mean T2, and i would hope if thats the case (and not in ID to pick up rings there) that you have run Rotp for Spiked Flameband which is by far BiS ring for Rogues (and i think Warriors) pre ID.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dessieheroic View Post
    Whatever weapon you actually use to hit the mobs (melee or ranged depending on spec) the dps value of that weapon is more important than any other stat on it. The r50 PvP rifle (65.4dps) is better for rangers and MM than the Akylios relic gun (61.2). So if you are ranged, then your main hand/off hand are stat sticks, but if you go melee then the dps of your mh/oh are king, and the gun/bow is a stat stick. Last I checked I think rogues weighted 10ap = 1weapon dps.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonics View Post
    When you say BIS for rings im assuming you mean T2, and i would hope if thats the case (and not in ID to pick up rings there) that you have run Rotp for Spiked Flameband which is by far BiS ring for Rogues (and i think Warriors) pre ID.
    Spiked Flameband and unstable core spring

+ Reply to Thread