+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow

Thread: bug in alltha the reaper for rogue tank ?

Soulwalker

Default bug in alltha the reaper for rogue tank ?

3 boss in PF
    I'm going to tank this boss
    entered first in phase 1 the violet
    the boss applies a dot that is stacked horn 4 times (culling blade)
    rift guard my shield does not absorb any damage from this ability and I get to beat tick of 6500
    the other tank is a cleric and he gives at most 3500

I recall that I get to spend with estrode in HK when he stole the soul of the Flaming Breath pyro rift shield guard was not working and fix

this happens to some rogue tank more?

the boss is buged?
    my character is bugged?
    or the boss is so is that the dev hate the rogue tank?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

First of all, you're confused about the boss mechanics and you're mixing things together.

The cleave mechanic does a fixed 20,000 damage, which is split between the tanks, if you're both in range. In fact, Rift Guard is the only thing that mitigates this. It will hit you for exactly 6500. It will hit a warrior or cleric for exactly 10,000. It is easily healed through if you are geared enough to be in PF (full HK gear).

In my opinion, it is bugged for rogues, but the opposite of what you're saying. Rogues take the least damage.

The cleave has absolutely nothing to do with the stacking debuffs you get. Those are a completely different mechanic and if you're dying from the debuffs being detonated, then you need to work on timing your taunts better with the other tank.

In purple phase, the boss gives purple debuffs, and in green phase he gives green debuffs. If you have purple debuffs and you're hit by a green debuff, all your purple debuffs are detonated for about 8k each or something. Its not survivable usually.

To mitigate this, the other tank should taunt after you get your 4th debuff, so you don't risk getting the wrong color applied/dead.

You should also move out except right before he's going to do his split-damage cleave, so you don't get a bugged hit from the boss and have the wrong debuff applied. Basically I move in when the timer on Green phase is at 12 seconds, then move out again once I take the hit.

We have zero issues on this fight, doing the above. Rogue is the ideal tank for it.

Soulwalker

thanks for replying
    I do not mean to cleave I mean the debuff violet (slahs culling) is a stack 4 times

rift guard that does not absorb damage debuff in theory or at least I thought that rift guard absorbe all kinds of harm that comes to rogue

and tick me thit 4 stack for 6500

and greed debuff tick other tank ( clr) only for 3500

Plane Walker

Boss applies 2 stacking purple debuffs in the purple phase, and 2 stacking green debufs in the debuff phase. One of the 2 in each phase is a DOT, the other one is the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by elkivan View Post
    thanks for replying
    I do not mean to cleave I mean the debuff violet (slahs culling) is a stack 4 times

rift guard that does not absorb damage debuff in theory or at least I thought that rift guard absorbe all kinds of harm that comes to rogue

and tick me thit 4 stack for 6500

and greed debuff tick other tank ( clr) only for 3500
    If you tank it the way I described, you'll never be hit by that. The reason its going off is a bad tank swap, or you're standing in melee range of the boss when you shouldn't be.

Dun pretty much covered it in his post. What I do is have the 2nd tank(a warrior or cleric depending on my group setup) taunt the boss off me when her purple phase timer is at 5 seconds, she swaps to them by 3 seconds, and it lets me teleport away with Shadow Shift. I then hang out in the center of the arena so any poison effects on me land away from the raid and wait until the green phase timer is at 13 seconds and Shadow Warp right next to the 2nd tank in time to help mitigate the cleave. Then I spread back out and wait until the kite phase is over, then when she stops chasing whoever she called out, Shadow Blitz back in and start doing my rotations to grab her immediately before she goes after a dps, reposition her, and repeat. Very easy fight as a tank, even easier as a rogue tank.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Soulwalker

well maybe I have not explained well

bug or my ignorance is that the rift guard absorbs a% of all the harm that comes to rogue

I attached 2 images in the first phase image violet tanked in the dot that is the culling slash hits and second in another try different tanked in phase k gets green dot is festering slice

the image that strikes me is all the damage without absorbing any of the dots
    http://subefotos.com/ver/?1c5ec4ee50...1o.jpg#codigos

http://subefotos.com/ver/?05a32e8d43...do.jpg#codigos

I cant figure out what you're trying to show with the screenshots. I tank this every week as a rogue and if you do it the way I explained, you'll be successful. I'm sure other ways will work as well, but if you're dying, then you're doing it wrong.

He is saying Festering Slice and Culling Slash (the tank swap mechanics) ignore Rift Guard, this has nothing to do with the detonation. They are Life damage so the Cleric tank takes significantly less damage from those abilities due to magic mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    He is saying Festering Slice and Culling Slash (the tank swap mechanics) ignore Rift Guard, this has nothing to do with the detonation. They are Life damage so the Cleric tank takes significantly less damage from those abilities due to magic mitigation.
    Yeah. I guess that might be true. I never get hit by them. Literally never. Its so easy to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Yeah. I guess that might be true. I never get hit by them. Literally never. Its so easy to avoid.
    think you're still thinking of something else...

Whoever is tanking the boss *always* gets hit by these abilities, otherwise you wouldn't need to tank swap at all

+ Reply to Thread