• 1 Post By Shyessa
  • 2 Post By Galibier
  • 2 Post By Zyzyx
  • 1 Post By Galibier
  • 1 Post By Dunharrow

Thread: Weapon rune for MM

Default Weapon rune for MM

Hi,

Since we already have +HIT from weapon I am considering re place +HIT rune with something else. What are the best rune for main hand, off hand, and range weapon for MM?

I use dex runes myself.

Edit: I should be more clear, I use a hit ring so my hit remains at 150 or greater and use dex runes for pvp. For raiding unless you are at the recommended amount for the tier your working on you should stick with hit and switch to Blazing rage runeshards (+9ap) when you obtain enough hit related gear for the tier your in. If you do not have a hit ring you may want to stick with hit for your weapons since 150 is generally the amount pvpers favor to negate passive defenses. I favor dex runes for pvp since crit on our pvp gear sucks.

Edit2: Corrected part of my post about raiding due to Galibiers advice. I still recommend dex for pvp though since our crit can be rather difficult to get in nothing but pvp gear.
    Last edited by Xillean; 08-02-2012 at 02:18 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I use dex runes myself.

Edit: I should be more clear, I use a hit ring so my hit remains at 150 or greater and use dex runes for pvp. For raiding unless you are at the recommended amount for the tier your working on you should stick with hit and switch to dex when you obtain enough hit related gear for the tier your in. If you do not have a hit ring you may want to stick with hit for your weapons since 150 is generally the amount pvpers favor to negate passive defenses. I favor dex since crit on our pvp gear sucks.
    Thank you Xillean

One additional thing though. Once you are at the crit softcap for a raid, which is 1043-(Dex*.05), you should use Blazing rage rune shard from a pure min/max position. The Dex rune isn't helping you with Crit any more and the Rage runeshard provides 4 more AP. On it's own doesn't seem like much but when you factor in the one handers as well that provides 12 additional AP over Dex runes. Right now with my Stats it's around 1000 crit that I need to be at the soft cap with raid buffs.
    Last edited by Galibier; 08-02-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+9 ap runes

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    +9 ap runes
    Which is the Blazing rage runeshard
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    One additional thing though. Once you are at the crit softcap for a raid, which is 1043-(Dex*.05), you should use Blazing rage rune shard from a pure min/max position. The Dex rune isn't helping you with Crit any more and the Rage runeshard provides 4 more AP. On it's own doesn't seem like much but when you factor in the one handers as well that provides 12 additional AP over Dex runes. Right now with my Stats it's around 1000 crit that I need to be at the soft cap with raid buffs.
    True and good advice, My post was more in reference to pvp and I edited it to reflect such. I dont raid with my rogue since I normally do that on my Cleric so I forgot about those runes /shame on me!
    Last edited by Xillean; 08-02-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Yeah I kinda am the opposite now. Got my Cleric just about ID ready and then went to a new guild that was like..."you have a rogue too..GOODY!" Now I am so rusty on all but the senticar variants since people only call on him when they need a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Wow I've never thought of that before. Thanks!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Don't listen to Xillean. For PvE, use +9 AP unless you are in blue dungeon gear. For PvP, use +hit runes with full PvP gear, so you still make the 150 hit mark.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-03-2012 at 01:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread