+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a couple fresh rogue pvp specs

Telaran

Default Looking for a couple fresh rogue pvp specs

I just resubbed and trying out the game again. So please bare with me on all of this.

I'm aware of the sticky threads in the Rogue Guide forum but am more inquiring about builds that are a little out of the normal that work. I have a MM/Sin and NB/RS spec that I've had before I played and I mostly played my NB/RS spec and currently getting Prestige ranks with my MM spec cause I get bursted down too quickly in melee.

I'm looking for a spec or two that has great damage and decent survivability. When I mean survivability, at least good enough to survive against a couple people on me at the same time and not much more than that. I think that's pretty realistic for someone that's in 50/50 Stalker/Seeker gear (Rank 22 right now). If not, at least to give me a surviving chance against one person a little more geared than me.

I understand that I have some ranks to grind out and that isn't really a problem to me. I wouldn't mind having a decent Ranger pvp spec too, but really just looking for fresh suggestions for pvp specs. I didn't want to just waste my time on specs in a sticky that could be completely outdated.

Also, I've never been a Bard or Bladedancer before so I'm open to those kind of pvp roles as well.
    --BadOman

Server: Seastone (Pvp) :: Faction: Guardian
    Psyphon | 50 Rogue

RIFT Guide Writer

You are playing the wrong class. Roll a Warrior! Rogue are the drooling/ mud pie eating cousin of the Warrior.

Telaran

I still want to have fun playing a rogue. I don't think there would be so many rogues queing up in Warfronts if there wasn't something about them that works. Most warfronts I join are mostly made up of rogues.

I know warriors are incrediblely strong right now, I still want to see what I can do to make my play time with my existing character as enjoyable as possible.
    --BadOman

Psyphon | 50 Rogue

Shadowlander

44/22 MM/RS is pretty fun. Gets most all the goodies from MM and all the ports from RS and a real boost to survivability (for an MM, LOL).

Telaran

get enough mm to get fan out, rest into tank soul / survivability. join conquest

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by hohlistix View Post
    get enough mm to get fan out, rest into tank soul / survivability. join conquest
    Yeah I played in a Conquest with my MM/Sin spec and got rocked. I'll have to try it out. I'm sure I'll find something that works out for me but there are a lot of people who have twice the gear than me. So that doesn't really help at all.
    --BadOman

Psyphon | 50 Rogue

For Conquest zerg surfing, someone had posted that 40 Bard/16 NB/10 MM works pretty well. I run it and enjoy it quite a bit. Motifs, Anthem of Competence, and Fan Out spam to apply Fell Blades. Hurray silly utility specs!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Default Nb/rs

38/28/0 Nightblade / Riftstalker / Bladedancer is an amazing spec with good damage, 4 defensive cds and really good movement utility.
    Sketch @ Icewatch
    Uxorai @ Icewatch
    Zey @ Icewatch

Default Conquest

In PvP i spend a lot of time in 51AS/15MM but lately for Conquest I have been thinking about trying 30RS/18MM/18NB for fell blades and fan out

+ Reply to Thread