+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Seer in Laethys P1

Rift Disciple

Default Question about Seer in Laethys P1

The question i have is simple. Could a BS that converts to Guardian Phase and tank weapons tank the seer only for better placement? Just curious. Its kind of annoying having him right in there and forces the meteor's to be instant. I know you dont have to I am just curious if its possible?

the only thing we have the bloodstalkers do on that fight in relation to "tanking" the seers, is if the laethys tank has bad positioning on the seer(to his side/behind him for whatever reason) we have one BS peel off, move back by our ranged and taunt it, then while it is running to him, main tank retaunts it so the seer is in his face. as far as straight tanking the seer as BS in guardian phase? not worth it, you'll get hit too hard without actual tank gear on, which then gimps your dps for the remainder of the fight.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    The question i have is simple. Could a BS that converts to Guardian Phase and tank weapons tank the seer only for better placement? Just curious. Its kind of annoying having him right in there and forces the meteor's to be instant. I know you dont have to I am just curious if its possible?
    Have the laethys tank taunt the seer and melee stack next to him so they can survive the instant meteors. No need to throw away dps by having one try to tank. They are going to get crit to death without tank gear. With tank gear they most likely won't do enough dps to meet enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Disciple

Perfect answers. I especially like the 1st one that way we can put him directly ahead and not the side. Thanks guys.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    the only thing we have the bloodstalkers do on that fight in relation to "tanking" the seers, is if the laethys tank has bad positioning on the seer(to his side/behind him for whatever reason) we have one BS peel off, move back by our ranged and taunt it, then while it is running to him, main tank retaunts it so the seer is in his face. as far as straight tanking the seer as BS in guardian phase? not worth it, you'll get hit too hard without actual tank gear on, which then gimps your dps for the remainder of the fight.
    Well my Idea was if I could take the hits I just would switch back to stalker phase right after it goes down. Your suggestion does really solve the problem I was talking about though.

There is also plenty of time to get back to the main group if you move right when the orb cast starts.
    Kaybye ~

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Just for the sake of clarity, there's no way in hell a bloodstalker could tank the Seer, even for a few seconds, unless you were in essentially full tank gear.

+ Reply to Thread