+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MM from hero to zero

Default MM from hero to zero

I left Rift and recently returned. Before I left my MM dps was blowing away players just as geared as me and running neck and neck with those better geared. now it doesn't seem to hold a candle to it's previous ability.

my old spec was this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...GtRqdAudR.V.-7

my single target rotation consisted of

splinter shot - for the bleed
    lightning fury - for armor reduction
    barbed shot - if mob was moving. if mob not moving skip to quick shot
    quick shot - for bleed.

finishers were
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Deadeye Shot - when RFS on cd
    head shot at the end of fight if rfs on cd, due to lack of cast time

when I came back I ran DH, which I had run before I left rift and did fine in, and noticed that my dps wasn't holding up. I took into account that there is higher gear to contend with but it still wasn't measuring up to what I previously remember pulling.

Any thoughts???

Sword of Telara

Other souls got buffed while your Marksman stayed the same for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar
    Hey guys, there is a lot of speculation out there right now, I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.
    Daglar; Lead Calling Designer~10/17/12

any thoughts on how to improve or fix it???

Bear in mind I don't use macros, not very good and making them and never had any trouble with out them, so please if giving rotation info, spell it out for me, don't just post up your macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Averise View Post
    any thoughts on how to improve or fix it???

Bear in mind I don't use macros, not very good and making them and never had any trouble with out them, so please if giving rotation info, spell it out for me, don't just post up your macro.
    If you're looking to outdo 51 ranger, it's not going to happen. Ditto on bloodstalker, 49 NB/17 Sin, 51 Sab, and a couple other specs.

The best marksman is going to do is 51 MM / 14 ranger / 1 RS. It utilitarian and does respectable, if not top tier, DPS.

If you dont use macros, you might want to check out sab. Its largely macro-less (though the two there are are huge quality of life improvement macros). Still ranged spec too.
    Last edited by Haighttt; 07-29-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Check the guides section. There is a sticky at the top with pretty current specs and rotations. MM will fall behind Ranger as your gear gets better but it isn't too bad. MM provides allot of utility that ranger doesn't. I use both specs depending on what the raid needs for a fight. lately I have found I like the the utility in MM over the little extra dps of Ranger in most non-progression situations.

Thanks. I'm not looking to beat ranger, I just wanna get my dps back up to a respectable range.

What kind of rotation does that MM spec have???

Thanks. I'm not looking to beat ranger, I just wanna get my dps back up to a respectable range.

What kind of rotation does that MM spec have???
    RAnger crystal with 4pc bonus, shadow, splinter, swift in builder, quick shot as separate, same finishers as before.

I'll give that a try see if I can tailor it to a marcro-less rotation for my own use.

any chance you can link that 55MM/14ranger/1RS build

Same point distribution as the one you originally linked, except you put the extra 4 points into the ranger armor reduction shot (and obtain shadowfire) and put the 1pt in RS for 3% ap increase. 99% sure on this.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

link in my sig has all the specs you need

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Imo eradicate needs to be ogcd
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Imo eradicate needs to be ogcd
    Also, it should return energy

MM never recovered from the nerf to quick shot and electrified munitions. Both those nerfs reak of someone above the rogue dev slapping on an arbitrary nerf to the soul without seeing the long term repercussions, i.e. that it screws up scaling and will kill the soul in the long run and ranger now has a 0% chance of keeping up 5 stacks of the golem inductor. Warriors all cried that MM was too powerful because of how high some MM parsed with the bugged rapid fire shot that gave it double damage so it was a quick arbitrary nerf. The only reason to keep a MM spec is for pvp and if you need to sometimes do purges or use a ranged interrupt.

The problem with MM is it scales like crap. It doesn't scale well with ap and the scaling with crit is almost non-existant. These days I only use MM in pvp and the first boss in primeval feast because the boss is buggy so ranger and sab both don't work well.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-29-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    MM never recovered from the nerf to quick shot and electrified munitions. Both those nerfs reak of someone above the rogue dev slapping on an arbitrary nerf to the soul without seeing the long term repercussions, i.e. that it screws up scaling and will kill the soul in the long run and ranger now has a 0% chance of keeping up 5 stacks of the golem inductor. Warriors all cried that MM was too powerful because of how high some MM parsed with the bugged rapid fire shot that gave it double damage so it was a quick arbitrary nerf. The only reason to keep a MM spec is for pvp and if you need to sometimes do purges or use a ranged interrupt.

The problem with MM is it scales like crap. It doesn't scale well with ap and the scaling with crit is almost non-existant. These days I only use MM in pvp and the first boss in primeval feast because the boss is buggy so ranger and sab both don't work well.
    Agree about half-handed nerfs. (I blame gyle.)

The boss isn't buggy. There is an aggro drop mechanic which makes sab the best spec to use (for incriminate).
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-29-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast