+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trying to find lost dps

Shadowlander

Default Trying to find lost dps

Recently I went about redoing some of my gear, primarily my sigil. I loaded up with what was considered BiS dps essence, so basically high AP and high Str or Dex. Since then I've noticed a pretty sizable dip in my dps, like 200-400 dps lost. I know that when I redid the sigil my Pcrit took a serious dive, dropping down to 985 self buffed with an AP of 1224. Now naturally in raids both numbers go up higher, but still my dps is lagging by about the same amount. Do I need to redo my sigil to get more Pcrit or is there another problem that I'm missing? The rest of my gear is the same as far as I can tell.

Here is my gear if that helps

http://riftupgrades.com/roguedps/?lo...018d41c3bff415

I believe I was hitting at least 2400 on the elite dummy in sanctum before, now I can barely hit 2100. This is using a ranger build, the same one used before and after the changes.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me

RIFT Guide Writer

Whenever someone is missing dps in ranger spec my first guess is that he turned off autocast from one or more pet abilities accidentally. Second guess would be faulty macros, maybe a typoed piercing shot and/or shadow fire. Third guess would be that you are using the wrong synergy crystal although that should be very easy to spot from the rotation.

RIFT Fan Site Operator carramus's Avatar

I'm glad you posted about this because I was about to. I'm experiencing the same thing you are. Prior to upgrading to two ID rings, Relic HK helm, Infernal grips, and ID boots, I was hitting 2.5k Ranger. I was recently excited about upgrading my gear and decided to run another 5 min parse. After upgrading my gear with the previous mentioned, I am now at 2.3k to 2.4k. I was thinking I should be closer to 3k now, but not the case. I feel like there is a delay for things to adjust when upgrading gear, but that may be far fetched. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by carramus View Post
    I'm glad you posted about this because I was about to. I'm experiencing the same thing you are. Prior to upgrading to two ID rings, Relic HK helm, Infernal grips, and ID boots, I was hitting 2.5k Ranger. I was recently excited about upgrading my gear and decided to run another 5 min parse. After upgrading my gear with the previous mentioned, I am now at 2.3k to 2.4k. I was thinking I should be closer to 3k now, but not the case. I feel like there is a delay for things to adjust when upgrading gear, but that may be far fetched. Thanks for any input.
    Ok wait wait. let me get this straight:
    You upgraded with: 2 ID rings + Relic HK helm + Infernal Grips + ID boots and you drop in dps?
    what was you gear before?
    did you forget to apply runes? thats the only thing I can think off that could be able to let you drop a bit in dps
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-28-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Devastron View Post
    dropping down to 985 self buffed with an AP of 1224.
    Your crit is too low. Essentially you need to try to maintain roughly 1041 crit before you start to stack ap in preference. Don't trash that sigil - you won't be able to replace the lessers, make a new one, you will probably find you are better off with vendor bought lessers. For a quick fix you may find changing your weapon runes to dex will help.

You may also consider 5 sab for the dex until you get a new sigil up.
    Last edited by Annomren; 07-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Ascendant

Whats your Dex, remember it is contributor to crit, even in a small fashion.

Using Lightning Glyph on the 1h's? Add's quite a bit of dex for ya.

You only have to stop adding Dex when you near the Crit soft cap.

RIFT Fan Site Operator carramus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Ok wait wait. let me get this straight:
    You upgraded with: 2 ID rings + Relic HK helm + Infernal Grips + ID boots and you drop in dps?
    what was you gear before?
    did you forget to apply runes? thats the only thing I can think off that could be able to let you drop a bit in dps
    Prior to this, my gear was 5 piece HK purples, RotP Ring, +38 hit ring, Infernal Tunic and Estrodes Pants.

I'm going to go and parse again. But just ran in an expert and was only doing 2k.

Shadowlander

Well I've got my PC back up to 1055 after swapping around runes and replacing the cindehide chest with HK chest. I'll get a good test raiding tonight.

The problem seemed to be just in the Ranger build though. I ran my Marksman build and got dps numbers I usually get with it. Is there something in Ranger that is super dependent on PC? And won't this problem just get worse since ID gear has less PC

Do what I do when i lose stuff
    1. Call its name
    2. Retrace steps
    3. Complain till someone helps me
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by carramus View Post
    Prior to this, my gear was 5 piece HK purples, RotP Ring, +38 hit ring, Infernal Tunic and Estrodes Pants.

I'm going to go and parse again. But just ran in an expert and was only doing 2k.
    Experts are sketchy comparisons, as you may lack vital buffs, especially Fervor

Well I've got my PC back up to 1055 after swapping around runes and replacing the cindehide chest with HK chest. I'll get a good test raiding tonight.

The problem seemed to be just in the Ranger build though. I ran my Marksman build and got dps numbers I usually get with it. Is there something in Ranger that is super dependent on PC? And won't this problem just get worse since ID gear has less PC
    Ranger isn't any more dependant on crit than MM is, but any spec aside from MM and a simplified sabo will starve without energy reduction abilities. Judging DPS on a dummy without fervor will yield you bad results across the board.

Rift Disciple

did you check your 'fridge sometimes i leave random stuff like my car keys, sunglasses, or the tv remote control in there.

if its not in the fridge, its usually in the last place you look. so start there
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Whats your Dex, remember it is contributor to crit, even in a small fashion.

Using Lightning Glyph on the 1h's? Add's quite a bit of dex for ya.

You only have to stop adding Dex when you near the Crit soft cap.
    ^ all wrong....

first off, dex is more than a small contributor to crit, its the ONLY one... 1dex = 1crit + .5ap, 1str = .5ap.
    so therefore Dex is ALWAYS better than str for rogues...

the only thing that changes is instead of needing high dex + crit weapons/armor/jewelry, you will be looking for high dex + AP weapons/armor/jewelry. and since they increased the ap contribution to just about all of our attacks. ap is pretty much better than crit on items no matter what your crit is at...

lightning glyphs should ONLY be used for tanking... the reason is this... 2x LG = 60dex, 60dex = 60 crit + 30ap, 30ap = 3dps, 60crit PRE-CRIT CAP = ~3% crit, and POST-CRIT CAP = ~1.2% crit. which NEITHER will add enough dps to make these better than whetstones, even fine whetstones (4dps) are better than LG's. and the reason you would use these for TANKING only is because dex does add 1 dodge/dex.

Exquisite Whetstones on the other hand essentially add 5dps per weapon worth of ap, this doesn't show on your char stat window, because the buff is just a DPS value, but the way the game calculates this is by adding 5dps worth (50ap) of ap per whetstone. so its like having a 100ap buff. simple math with tell the winner , 2xLG = 3dps from ap, and from 1 - 3% crit depending if you are soft capped or not. and by the look of your gear, i'm sure you are. or 2xEWS = 10dps....

Soulwalker

...I know that when I redid the sigil my Pcrit took a serious dive, dropping down to 985 ...
    So there it is.

ID gear needs a good crit sigil, like the fire one for rogues.
    Last edited by Fearg; 07-29-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Shadowlander

So would you guys suggest replacing the 2 strength/ap event runes in the sigil with ones more Dex focused? Just go straight Dex in the sigil from now on to make up for the ID gear (with AP and/or PC on them as well)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast