+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carceran Berzerker Axe worth it?

Soulwalker

Default Carceran Berzerker Axe worth it?

Currently using dual molten brands and guild isn't going to be progressing past first boss in ID for a while, if I can acquire the mats is it worth it to craft one?

Telaran

It's 13th on the BiS list. If you don't see yourself having a legitimate shot at 1-12, then yes, it's worth it. Although the argument could be made that the mats would be better spent on armor for your tanks so you can more easily progress.

Like Azarian said, you'd probably be better off crafting items for your tanks (BIS tanking weapons for rogues and clerics before Maelforge relics, BIS tanking rings for warriors, clerics, and rogues, boots etc.) than getting a slight DPS increase for only your melee specs with weapons you're likely to replace as soon as something better (i.e. Every melee DPS inclined one hander that drops in ID/PF). The tank damage in ID is a big factor, and getting your tanks geared up makes a big difference.

There are trash drops that'll be better.

But otherwise, in your particular scenario, they're worth it.... but only if you're running melee specs where the higher weapon dps on them matter a whole lot more than the actual stats.

If you're running a ranged spec, don't bother with it.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I would stay away form them tbh.. you could simply grab pvp ones in a week, or farm trash drops, the axe is pretty bad, not much ap options in the PA trees.. and in general not an advantage, work on tanks, and heals, dps will come on its own.

+ Reply to Thread