+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By Muspel
  • 2 Post By Muspel

Thread: Trion on rogues-- HIGHLY RELEVANT

Default Trion on rogues-- HIGHLY RELEVANT

http://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/comment..._elrar/c5jv8qv

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham
    Okay, seriously. I can tell you this much. You don't dread coming in to work, and no day is average. Especially when Zyzyx is on the forums.

I dont think I have ever rofled as hard as when I did when I read that originally on reddit lol.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

http://www.feistees.com/wp-content/u...2/01/stvur.jpg

They didn't answer any of the "serious" rogue questions. However there is still Hartsman to talk to tommorrow. I suggest we all upvote questions about energy/bows/bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Doesn't really surprise me that they're not covering design questions, since it's being hosted by the community team rather than the design team.

Walsingham cheats in duels.

"damage 50% hits you for 4250"

EDIT: Clearly this means rogues are OP and need to be nerfed. I mean he took away all of my life in 1000 valor in less than 1 second~!
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-26-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Lmfao
    more words
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Walsingham cheats in duels.

EDIT: Clearly this means rogues are OP and need to be nerfed. I mean he took away all of my life in 1000 valor in less than 1 second~!
    You should have hit your Fan Out harder. It's basically an instant win button in any PvP situation, duels included.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You should have hit your Fan Out harder. It's basically an instant win button in any PvP situation, duels included.
    Fan out has 5m shorter range than developer AoE which does 99990 damage! - Elrar used this totally balanced ability on me in a duel so I guess nerf warriors too!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IuRdqkkR.0m.-7

Bam! Stealth to get the drop on him, Fan Out for massive DPS, and Scatter the Shadows for invulnerability. I see people complain about these abilities all the time, so they must be overpowered. A spec with all three would be UNSTOPPABLE!

[QUOTE=reddit]
    Quote Originally Posted by zyzyx
    Hey Mr. Hartsman, prodigious rogue forum poster and guide writer here,
    Firstly, do you or anyone at the office use my rogue guide or any other class guides for that matter?
    Secondly, how do you feel the new "purposes" (preset soul builds) are working out for new and current players?
    Rogue energy regeneration is the single most important issue for quite a number of players. Daglar, a lead dev posted saying that he would look into this back in MAY. Any chance you can let the community know anything about potential progress?
    Do you drive a Ferrari?
    Quote Originally Posted by hartsman
    I have in fact referred to your stuff! Thanks much for that. I tend to play around with callings and souls myself before I dive to guides, though. But yep, I've used player guides for all the callings.
    I like the purposes a lot - One of the most satisfying things to see is when a new player's there in chat, and 50's are telling him or her in newbie chat: "Seriously, just stick with (purpose) for now, it works."
    Energy regen did get tweaked then - When we removed the energy regen from the tablets and applied it to the rogue calling as a builtin. As we go forward to the expansion, we're still keeping a close eye on pacing and satisfaction of what classes feel like when they don't have support buffs.
    Hahaha -- I do not.
    More stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by hartsman
    Bard has been one that I've been playtesting a lot of myself on our internal servers. We, too, would also very much like Bard to be one of the fun/effective choices, as opposed to its wide perception of "Hey, you get to be the bard." "Aw man." (That's not to say that it doesn't currently have ANY fans - We actually do hear from people who like it today.
    That's been in progress for a few months now, along with the rest of the expansion soul updates. The work it takes to get there is definitely not the kind of thing that could be rolled out in live, before the full expansion is released.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-27-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Ascendant

[QUOTE=Zyzyx;3899086]
    Quote Originally Posted by reddit

More stuff!
    Nothing new to see here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

I LOVE how the dev team in this game is not afraid to be personal with it's player base. Honestly! More than half the reason for my return to Rift was this and this alone. I just wish they would release the rogue dev ..I just know they're keeping him hogtied and gagged somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread