+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Storm Legion - New Soul

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Storm Legion - New Soul

What do you think the new soul for the Rogue class will be? This is nothing but speculation but I think we are looking at another ranged soul.

A healer, probably something along the lines of the Disciple class from Vanguard: SoH.

Agreed, a healer. We have 3 ranged souls and 3 melee souls. Why would we need another one of either of them?
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

RIFT Guide Writer

I don't see how a healer soul fits into the Rogue class. I always thought the bard soul was pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I don't see how a healer soul fits into the Rogue class. I always thought the bard soul was pushing it.
    It's just logical. We've got 3 each of melee and ranged DPS souls, don't need more of either. If they gave us another tank soul the warriors tears would drown the forums. Noone needs two support souls. That leaves healing and right now it's the role the fewest callings can fill. I hope they make it so we can use the lower part of the tree to give us self heals via damage done, deeper in will be healing others and some utility. You don't HAVE to use it if you don't like it, but more options are always better IMHO.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Plane Walker

Pushing what? Motif buttons over and over and over again? LOL. (Sorry, I just had to ).

But anyway, maybe an anti-bard type? Kinda like the Dirge was in EQ2. Worked a bit like a shadowknight VS a paladin.Almost the same abilites, but based off of good vs evil means. I agree a straight healer would be kinda wierd and what the heck would you call it? No game I've ever played in this type of genre has ever had anything like that.I can see a second support type soul, but even then I'm not sure how that would work since so many specs/souls w/e, already have support capabilites.
    Last edited by Dreyloch; 07-26-2012 at 07:18 AM.

The new Soul will be Enginner! Oh wait....
    Last edited by Alistair; 07-26-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Hey there, im no one.

Whoever says they want healer, please reroll a cleric. I do not want another "bard" in SL raids. Where we will always have a bard which is just silly now and another "support / heal " in SL raids. Just no!

I raid only 1 hour per week!

If it's a healing soul then I can see it being plausible either via magitech or alchemy. Magitech would only really happen if the faction wall breaks even further. Or Guardians could use rune-based magitech; based on the HK chronicle and the events of EI I'm starting to think it's "ok" as long as it's an ascended using it and it's useful. As for alchemy, that idea was tossed around a while back. The rogue would chuck potions and make injections, things of that nature. Whatever it turns out to be, I think the biggest thing is that it would have to synergize well with Bard.

Soulwalker

I also think a heal soul like a field medic or survivalist medic type soul would be great.
    Fromt he other threads, if clerics want to be equal damage dealers then I don't see why we can be equal healers.

Or

Thief/Trickster soul
    -'steal' consumable items such as enemies potions, gold
    -temp disarm opponent
    -steal abilities cast at you, essentially a reflect back an attack spell or physical made to you (similar to X-Men Rogue)
    -steal an enemies defensive buff
    -ability to have enemy lose target on you or redirect to another target
    -cast illusions for misdirection, e.g. appear to look like a friendly ally or a critter for a short period of time
    -cast an imaginary copy of yourself which does no damage but looks real causing enemies to divert their attacks to it
    -cast illusions to appear to look like a differnt class and/or have different buffs and/or appear to have full health when you are actually almost dead etc.
    -ranged attacks with throwing knives / shurikens

I'd like to see a TRUE hybrid soul which has both ranged and melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

It's weird how Rift has souls that defy MMO conventions, eh? Almost like that was their thing?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Rogues getting a healing soul isn't anything really different. I guess it depends which MMOs you've played.

The thing that all souls of a class share is armor. Cloth=mage, Rogue=leather, Cleric=chain and Plate=warrior, so any game that's had a healer in leather would be equivalent. It's too bad themes like shaman and druid have already been taken, they'd both fit into a leather wearing healer.

The thing I don't like about suggestions like a ranged/melee hybrid soul is the new soul has to have a way to define itself outside of 'more dps' or 'less dps' then what we have now. Since they're reworking the souls with the expansion they should work on defining our existing melee souls. I think our existing melee souls should be reworked so assassin is the single target dps soul, bladedancer is the aoe melee soul and nightblade is a ranged and melee hybrid. Right now all that defines nightblade is 'less then Sin-RS' and should be reworked.... as well as making bladedancer not suck at aoe.

Right now if they add a new melee soul for rogues I can guarantee you that one of our existing melee souls with never be used. There's just no way to have four separate and situationally useful melee souls.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-26-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrj View Post
    Whoever says they want healer, please reroll a cleric. I do not want another "bard" in SL raids. Where we will always have a bard which is just silly now and another "support / heal " in SL raids. Just no!
    This, if you want a Healer soul or w/e, go somewhere else. We don't want you typing this nonsense in this forum.
    AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrj View Post
    Morek was trolling the other day saying the new soul was going to be the "double bard". In the future we'd need both a bard and a "double bard" in the raid to maximize buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast