+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue assassin pvp Macro

Default Rogue assassin pvp Macro

Hi there,

Fairly new to the rogue class but I had a quick question. It's about effectively macroing Incapacitate.
    I hope I will not get flamed for daring to ask this ( ;) ), but back in WoW it was possible to macro 'sap' (which is basicly equal to our incapacitate) so that it would target your nearest target and thus give you the possibility to get a better opener on an enemy rogue.
    So my question is if it's possible to make one like this in Rift?
    Here are two examples of how they worked back in WoW.

Example 1:
    #showtooltip Sap
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast Sap

Example 2: (this is a more precise and better version)
    #showtooltip Sap
    /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000
    /cast [harm,nodead] Sap

Thanks for reading through this wall of text!
    Last edited by Melyn; 07-24-2012 at 04:19 PM.

100 views and noone can tell me if this is possible or not?

iirc it's not possible with the current macro system.

R60 Rogue | Icewatch EU | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | HM 4/4 | GA 3/4 |YouTube | Twitch.tv

Iri
    Champion

If you have your settings set to target closest, you should be able to do this with a regular target macro... I think...

Seems noone can tell me for sure, neither ingame or on forums.
    Iri by 'settings to closest target' you mean having your tab target the closest or?

Edit: I take that back, I'm not sure either I was going to say there's only a simple "target" command.. But there's also targetlasttarget, and there might be targetnearesttarget. Not sure.

I don't really get why you'd want to do this, though.
    Last edited by Zaros; 07-26-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    ~Quiescent

Ever find yourself in a 1vs1 against another stealthed rogue? And you wanted to Incapacitate (or attack for that matter) him but you were spamming your Tab button to be able to target him first? With the macro you'd be able to get the jump on him first whilst just spamming one button and you wouldn't have to alternate between tab and your attack. But that's just a brief explanation. Other people might explain it better than me.
    Last edited by Melyn; 07-26-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melyn View Post
    Ever find yourself in a 1vs1 against another stealthed rogue? And you wanted to Incapacitate (or attack for that matter) him but you were spamming your Tab button to be able to target him first? With the macro you'd be able to get the jump on him first whilst just spamming one button and you wouldn't have to alternate between tab and your attack. But that's just a brief explanation. Other people might explain it better than me.
    If it's a case where he had engaged you but then restealthed, last target should work.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Melyn View Post
    Oh god lol. Two stealthed rogues fighting each other is like competitive paint drying.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread