+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is it fair that our pvp skill is effective in pve?

Default Is it fair that our pvp skill is effective in pve?

I am, of course, referring to Cleanse Soul from the pvp PA tree. It works on Metallic Orb on the Laethys fight and will also remove Toxic Spore when fighting Alltha in PF. It possibly works on other boss mechanics but I haven't tried yet.

The current raid content already penalizes warriors due to not having a viable ranged high dps spec and this rubs salt into an already raw wound.

I guess Thunderous Leap has no uses in PVE.

It also removes Swarmlord Kargoth's DoT (that he puts on the tank) and Arakhurn's fire DoT.

I don't recommend using it for the latter, though, or you might end up getting 6 stacks while LoSing the boss, which may get someone killed.

Ascendant

This is why it doesn't say "This is only usable on PVP" on it like the other abilities.

This also removes a good deal of debuffs.

Wouldn't be able to say if its just an oversight that the boss abilities aren't flagged to be not-removable, but panacea and cleanse soul has been usable in this fashion since 1.0

Though, I guess it hasn't been available to every rogue spec since it was a 15 point infiltrator ability before they removed the pvp souls.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Legerity View Post
    I guess Thunderous Leap has no uses in PVE.
    I'll take the current version of Cleanse Soul over that all day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    This also removes a good deal of debuffs.

Wouldn't be able to say if its just an oversight that the boss abilities aren't flagged to be not-removable, but panacea and cleanse soul has been usable in this fashion since 1.0

Though, I guess it hasn't been available to every rogue spec since it was a 15 point infiltrator ability before they removed the pvp souls.
    Yes the kicker is making it available for a very low investment in PA. If I remember correctly, in the early days lots of Infiltrator skills worked in pve and these were systematically altered to no longer function outside of pvp.

Sariina

This is why it doesn't say "This is only usable on PVP" on it like the other abilities.
    Irrelevant. If the skill was overlooked then logic would dictate that the tooltip would not have been changed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Irrelevant. If the skill was overlooked then logic would dictate that the tooltip would not have been changed.
    . . . or that they looked at it and specifically left it the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    . . . or that they looked at it and specifically left it the way it was.
    Which is why I made the post in the form of a question.

Champion

Why would anyone not want this ability as it is? It only has positive uses and will be nothing but beneficial to the rogues in your raid and the raid itself if they have it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Why would anyone not want this ability as it is? It only has positive uses and will be nothing but beneficial to the rogues in your raid and the raid itself if they have it.
    Mostly because a lot of the other PVP tree abilities (rogue ones inlucded) actually state on them that they are only good in PVP, even though they would probably be very useful in PVE. So why the change on just a few abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Mostly because a lot of the other PVP tree abilities (rogue ones inlucded) actually state on them that they are only good in PVP, even though they would probably be very useful in PVE. So why the change on just a few abilities?
    They were never changed. Cleanse soul, if you happened to have 15 points in infiltrator for whatever reason, provided the magical immunity as well as a getting rid of the vast majority of debuffs you would encounter in pve.

The only reason its even an issue (or is it an issue?) now is because you can have access to it for every single rogue spec in exchange for a chunk of pa.

I don't see the damage immunity as an issue. It has a 1 second duration, which makes timing it for most things a touch on the harder side. Removing the debuff for things like Altha's Toxic Spores, though, feels unintended.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    They were never changed. Cleanse soul, if you happened to have 15 points in infiltrator for whatever reason, provided the magical immunity as well as a getting rid of the vast majority of debuffs you would encounter in pve.

The only reason its even an issue (or is it an issue?) now is because you can have access to it for every single rogue spec in exchange for a chunk of pa.

I don't see the damage immunity as an issue. It has a 1 second duration, which makes timing it for most things a touch on the harder side. Removing the debuff for things like Altha's Toxic Spores, though, feels unintended.
    This is exactly my point and the reason I created this thread in the first place. It offers a cheap way to cheese certain boss mechanics.

I have no problem keeping this skill as is, but I think it a tad unfair that it is solely the purview of rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    This is exactly my point and the reason I created this thread in the first place. It offers a cheap way to cheese certain boss mechanics.

I have no problem keeping this skill as is, but I think it a tad unfair that it is solely the purview of rogues.
    Well maybe if enough people ***** about it, it will get nerfed and then every other soul will be happy. And then there will be no reason to create **** threads like this.

/endrant
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

The best part is that it removes Mind Control on Akylios, and you get to troll your guildies
    AFK.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast