+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How MM deal with RB/Champ maximum anti-kite spec?

Default How MM deal with RB/Champ maximum anti-kite spec?

This is my first day of being MM. Fighting with this guy, sometime he blink to me and I am rooted sometime he blink to me I am stunned. So I google and find that he must use some variation of RB/Champ (34/32 maybe?). Any experienced MM out there can give me any suggestions?

you're likely facing a 38/28 RB/Champ ... it is THE go-to spec for Warriors in 1.9.

MM actually have the easiest time taking out these Warriors.

1. Purge - their most potent gap closer is 100% reliant on a single buff, planar blades. Smart Warriors will stack their buffs, of which they natively have 3, so minimum you'll need to use eradicate 2x.

2. Learn to Strafe Kite - if you don't already, being able to maintain your ranged advantage while on the move and still attacking is key.

3. Barbed Shot - the Warrior must run to get in range for charges ... or use a skill called Thunderous leap, and then still run, especially if purged of PB (#1). Barbed shot will punish them for moving, which is good for you.

4. Consider a 44MM/22RS, the extra ports you get will allow you to escape even the best Warriors (assuming 1v1 situation).

An under geared, patient MM can easily take out the best geared RB/Champs ... mastering kiting, and knowing what buffs to watch for is key however.

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    you're likely facing a 38/28 RB/Champ ... it is THE go-to spec for Warriors in 1.9.

MM actually have the easiest time taking out these Warriors.

1. Purge - their most potent gap closer is 100% reliant on a single buff, planar blades. Smart Warriors will stack their buffs, of which they natively have 3, so minimum you'll need to use eradicate 2x.

2. Learn to Strafe Kite - if you don't already, being able to maintain your ranged advantage while on the move and still attacking is key.

3. Barbed Shot - the Warrior must run to get in range for charges ... or use a skill called Thunderous leap, and then still run, especially if purged of PB (#1). Barbed shot will punish them for moving, which is good for you.

4. Consider a 44MM/22RS, the extra ports you get will allow you to escape even the best Warriors (assuming 1v1 situation).

An under geared, patient MM can easily take out the best geared RB/Champs ... mastering kiting, and knowing what buffs to watch for is key however.
    Thank you so much. I am queuing WF to practice your tricks right now.

Telaran

What is this?
    Someone actually helping somebody on the forums?

BLASPHEMY.

Jetheth - P50 Rogue - Wolfsbane.

Zaros' Rogue PVP Guide. Read it.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jetheth View Post
    What is this?

BLASPHEMY.
    You're right! Let me fix this pronto: OP YOU'RE BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD L2P BADDY

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    You're right! Let me fix this pronto: OP YOU'RE BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD L2P BADDY
    Much better.

Jetheth - P50 Rogue - Wolfsbane.

Zaros' Rogue PVP Guide. Read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetheth View Post
    What is this?

BLASPHEMY.
    want another shocker?

<- main is warrior

I was practicing this just last night. It is just a matter of starting with distance and keeping it. Warriors have a bunch of tools to close on you even from 40+ meters. It is important to start with a retreat/OTD if they are close then purge planar blade. Finally quick reload and do another retreat/OTD when they thunderous leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I was practicing this just last night. It is just a matter of starting with distance and keeping it. Warriors have a bunch of tools to close on you even from 40+ meters. It is important to start with a retreat/OTD if they are close then purge planar blade. Finally quick reload and do another retreat/OTD when they thunderous leap.
    Pretty much this, just watch out if they come charging in from their mount.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Use your 2m PvP tree cleanse for Rift Surge (pink 5 stack debuff that does @600 dmg non-crit per action used) if they apply it from 20m as well.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Also, some warriors tend to go through the exact same sequence of anti-kiting abilities every time rather than keeping it unpredictable. If you're lucky enough to go up against one of these, you can predict when they'll try to root you and use Strafe, or Retreat right as they rush you, rather than needing to react.

Running away.
    ~Quiescent

I always have trouble keeping distance, since I usually never run into these guys in a straight 1v1 situation where I have range.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Thank you every one for useful tricks. I have never thought that MM is so much fun. I might forget about my long play bard for good.

Champion

If you have room to kite, warriors really can't do anything about a well timed phase shift or a double retreat. Crippling shot is money once you have a warrior at 21+ meters. Eradicate doesn't break static shot so you can use that to root a warrior and purge planar blade before it wears off (if they don't break it). Specs and gear setups that allow quicker CP generation are also helpful (talking about MM crystal, ranger crystal, and/or Opportunity 18 deep in ranger here) because they allow you to keep the speed buff from Hasted Shot up while mixing in RFS whenever you can. Getting away from a warrior is good but being able to kill them before they can LoS or run back to a healer is what your goal should be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast