+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What build to use, and how to progress to reach HK, RotP and ID level

Shadowlander

Default What build to use, and how to progress to reach HK, RotP and ID level

Hi.. It is around 3 weeks ago I reached lvl 50, now I have had some GSB, GP, DH runs. And want to get better and do more damage, to be able to get into HK, RotP and ID.

My main stats are like this:

Dex: 612
    Endur: 384
    Att.pow: 808
    Phys crit: 760
    Hit: 336

I am using the Deathbringer set (2 x daggers, chest and ring).
    The rest are decent drops from the above mentioned raids. I do have one crappy piece (gloves).

I could get 2-3 better lessers, and are working on that.

I do not have a synergy crystal.

I am using two builds atm:
    51MM /10 RA / 5 RS - used for raids, dungeons etc.
    24 *** / 22 RS / 20 BD - used for soloing

I am doing around 1200 dps on dummys (selfbuffed) atm, and I would like som advice on how to progress from here.

I have lots of money, 138 plagues, 32 greater marks, 47 marks.

I imagine I need a synergy crystal, and I guess it should be the MM one. And of course I should get the gear for that, but that will take ages.

I am currently maxing out the air PA set. Stille have some way to go there.

Do you guys have any advice on how to proceed? What build is good to use in my position and likewise.. What gear to go after...

Thanks in advance.

Make a 2nd raid spec: 51ranger/15mm/0assa.
    Makes you somewhat more flexible in raids, to switch between full mm and ranger. Ranger spec is the dps-spec imo.

Just focus on getting the GmoA(greater marks of ascension). Get this in your dungeon runs, and get that gear. This gear is HK-gear, and you will need this to get ready for ID!
    For HK you will need a minimum of 300hit(320 advised).
    For ID you will need 400hit to start with.
    When you have your HK-set, you go offcourse for Infernal Marks

You will get your crystal in ID(currency for it will drop), or you can buy 1 with 100ISS. I say wait for the drop, and save you ISS for Water Resist machine(some upper HK-bosses.) and Fire Resist Machine(ID). After that go for Earth(latter ID). Just max your resist out in your machine(108 resist out the top of my head).

edit:
    32 Greater Marks is a good start. You have to check how expansive the gear is(in Moonshade, that little hub next to HK).
    Pick the DPS one(more Dex then End ), and get that set.
    Try to get the crystal from there asap. I would say pick the ranger one, and make you macro's accordingly(shadowfire instant for example)
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-23-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

meh edit rights:

There is just 1 set for you to go after so its simple
    Its either a dps spec or a tank spec :P so for dps pick that one(dunno the name, its just got way more Dex then the other one :P).
    To pick the first 4 of them, just go with the 4 that give you the biggest boost in your stats offcourse.

If you current guild is not far into HK yet, you could buy the crystal for 100ISS. since you only need water resist somewhat further up, but thats up to you
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    meh edit rights:

There is just 1 set for you to go after so its simple
    Its either a dps spec or a tank spec :P so for dps pick that one(dunno the name, its just got way more Dex then the other one :P).
    To pick the first 4 of them, just go with the 4 that give you the biggest boost in your stats offcourse.

If you current guild is not far into HK yet, you could buy the crystal for 100ISS. since you only need water resist somewhat further up, but thats up to you
    Thanks a lot, I have 250 ISS, so I could go for a buy of the crystal when I have enough greater marks. I just chatted with a guildie, who said the same about spec, that ranger was the one to go for, and that I would instantly get around 300 more dps, just by having the pet..

Thanks for the advices, there are some starting points to go for. I might get back when I have some questions

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdO View Post
    Thanks a lot, I have 250 ISS, so I could go for a buy of the crystal when I have enough greater marks. I just chatted with a guildie, who said the same about spec, that ranger was the one to go for, and that I would instantly get around 300 more dps, just by having the pet..

Thanks for the advices, there are some starting points to go for. I might get back when I have some questions
    You welcome
    Dont replace your MM spec with the ranger one, but get them side-by-side.
    Some fights will require you to go MM, for interupt without CD etc
    beside that I always have a bard-spec available as well. How more flexible you are, how better for the raid
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Champion

for raiding in general I use 3 specs,..

51 Ranger (highest dps, least mobility, good for stand HERE and pewpew)
    51 MM (less dps than 51 ranger but no mater what ppl say, HIGHLY useful and great mobility)
    51 Bard (buffs, speedyfeet/fervor/resists)

My least favorite is 51 ranger as it's boring as hell even if the dps is highest, MM at least gives many fun tools, (silence, KBs, purges etc) although way way too many seem to only use Fan Out (sigh). Even barding can be fun and makes a noticeable difference in many a fights, on some fights my poorly equipped bard (no healing essences, no ShoE etc) can get upwards of 700 hps, more than some (poor) healers.

I like to play what is fun for me but sometimes will sacrifice fun for the sake of running a spec that best suits the raid and helps complete a raid.
    CPU: AMD FX 9370@ 5.1Ghz Cooling: Corsair H100
    Mem: 32GB GSkill 1.5V 9-9-9
    HDD: 1 OCZ SSD (boot drive), 2x OCZ SSD in Raid 0 (game drive) 1x 2TB (backup)
    GPU: Sapphire 290
    Asus VH242H (1920x1080p) X3 for 5760 x 1080 Goodness

RIFT Guide Writer

Do the daily quests for these factions until you max out the notorities:
    Order of Mathos (belt rune)
    Icewatch (head rune)
    Dragonslayer Covenant (legs rune)
    Order of the Eye (feet rune, trinket)

Buy yourself a best in slot seal; Exuberant Ingenuity with polished demon horn augment.

Join every conquest you can. They give a lot of PA, prestige and favor and you need the marks of conquest for best in slot trinket. The conquest point bonuses also apply even outside conquests. Buy the best chest, legs and belt pvp armors with favor before other armors since they have the best stat distribution.

When you see zone events go and tag them. You only need to kill a couple of invasions to get the inscribed sourcestone rewards at the end.

Do your daily expert dungeons, master mode dungeons twice a week and the weekly raid quests. Take Infernal marks as rewards and save up for gloves first and then belt. You get about 30 marks per week from those, both items cost 80 infernal and count as set items mixed in with HK set armors. Long term this is a faster route than taking other marks as reward if raiding ID is your goal.

With marks of ascension from GSB/RoS/DH/GP buy head, shoulders and boots first. Chest/legs/belt are covered by pvp gear.

When you get to HK and start getting greater marks you should buy boots first since the are the cheapest set item that is not covered by something else. Helmet and shoulders are the next ones to buy.

Weapons are obviously a huge contributor to your damage. You will mostly be using ranged builds so always use the highest dps ranged weapon and wield 2 melee weapons of the same type. Train your PA accordingly, first the melee weapon attack power since it counts as double and then ranged weapon, followed by dexterity.

Your quickest route to good weapons is pvp. Prestige rank 50 is a goal that is not dependent on instance lockouts which means you can really concentrate on it. Rank 50 pvp gun along with the conquest trinket are huge upgrades. A lot of the armor may be useful also and it will be better than wearing tier 1 raid amors.

A lot depends on your guild too. Even just 1 or 2 runs of getting carried through HK would be a massive boost from greater marks and random loot drops.

If you are busy then your gear should look something like this in a month:
    http://riftupgrades.com/roguedps/?lo...74b462a8ff6405

I used criterion pvp gear for some slots in that although it should be pathfinder gear because the pathfinder gear still has wrong stats on the site so it might have been confusing.

Ascendant

Just remember . . . ANY rogue in T1 gear should be able to pull at least 2500 on Silgen . . .

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3846389

and

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3873378

According to those guys if you can't you are bad and need to L2P.

Rift Disciple

51MM /10 RA / 5 RS - used for raids, dungeons etc.
    My first advice is to switch this to 51mm/14ranger/1rs for increased +13% & +5% self damage from shadowfire and headshot, and a 100ap buff from ranger greater essence. buy the ranger synergy crystal from 100 ISS and obtain HK/ID 2 piece ASAP. gloves/belt/boots each cost 50 greater marks or 80 infernal marks, so those are the cheapest pieces. crystal will make your shadow fire and splinter shot instant cast so you get more DPS uptime. at 3 pieces, you get a 35ap buff, and as you get your 4th piece, you can switch permanently to the 51ranger/15mm/0sin build.

I would instantly get around 300 more dps, just by having the pet..
    the pet can be difficult to manage for someone just starting out. some boss mechanics simply won't allow for it. also, the spec is extremely dumbed down compared to mm. there's practically zero cd management when macroed.
    Last edited by Sculduggery; 07-23-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks guys, it is much appriciated.

I have read the links to the other thread. I would say it is pretty steep to say that any new lvl 50 rogue can pull 2500. I can only just manage half of it

But I will follow some of the advice. I might get back for more information, right now I think im just gonna do some dungeons, to get two pieces of the gear to get the crystal running.

Ascendant

Thanks guys, it is much appriciated.

I have read the links to the other thread. I would say it is pretty steep to say that any new lvl 50 rogue can pull 2500. I can only just manage half of it

But I will follow some of the advice. I might get back for more information, right now I think im just gonna do some dungeons, to get two pieces of the gear to get the crystal running.
    Yeah, they are just elitist jerks who are jaded by huge amounts of Planar Attunement and the video even had the guy with a couple of BIS T2 gear . . . he declared victory in that argument but I still maintain that most people who don't have max PA in regular epic T1 gear can't hit that mark.

Are you parsing with bard buffs and fervor? Even as a marksman, because you are a rogue, you will be forever plagued by energy problems. The Dev seems to think that staring at "No More Fricken' Energy, maybe you should have rolled a better class" on your screen 24/7 is fun.
    Last edited by Sariina; 07-23-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Do the daily quests for these factions until you max out the notorities:
    Order of Mathos (belt rune)
    Icewatch (head rune)
    Dragonslayer Covenant (legs rune)
    Order of the Eye (feet rune, trinket)

Buy yourself a best in slot seal; Exuberant Ingenuity with polished demon horn augment.

Join every conquest you can. They give a lot of PA, prestige and favor and you need the marks of conquest for best in slot trinket. The conquest point bonuses also apply even outside conquests. Buy the best chest, legs and belt pvp armors with favor before other armors since they have the best stat distribution.

When you see zone events go and tag them. You only need to kill a couple of invasions to get the inscribed sourcestone rewards at the end.

Do your daily expert dungeons, master mode dungeons twice a week and the weekly raid quests. Take Infernal marks as rewards and save up for gloves first and then belt. You get about 30 marks per week from those, both items cost 80 infernal and count as set items mixed in with HK set armors. Long term this is a faster route than taking other marks as reward if raiding ID is your goal.

With marks of ascension from GSB/RoS/DH/GP buy head, shoulders and boots first. Chest/legs/belt are covered by pvp gear.

When you get to HK and start getting greater marks you should buy boots first since the are the cheapest set item that is not covered by something else. Helmet and shoulders are the next ones to buy.

Weapons are obviously a huge contributor to your damage. You will mostly be using ranged builds so always use the highest dps ranged weapon and wield 2 melee weapons of the same type. Train your PA accordingly, first the melee weapon attack power since it counts as double and then ranged weapon, followed by dexterity.

Your quickest route to good weapons is pvp. Prestige rank 50 is a goal that is not dependent on instance lockouts which means you can really concentrate on it. Rank 50 pvp gun along with the conquest trinket are huge upgrades. A lot of the armor may be useful also and it will be better than wearing tier 1 raid amors.

A lot depends on your guild too. Even just 1 or 2 runs of getting carried through HK would be a massive boost from greater marks and random loot drops.

If you are busy then your gear should look something like this in a month:
    http://riftupgrades.com/roguedps/?lo...74b462a8ff6405

I used criterion pvp gear for some slots in that although it should be pathfinder gear because the pathfinder gear still has wrong stats on the site so it might have been confusing.
    Great write up as usual gery!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

No one mentioned 51 saboteur - it has its uses as well. It's not macro friendly but the monster AoE can be fun and rewarding, particularly if you're going to dabble in PvP as you acquire gear.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Nothing is as easy as barding to see higher content, as your stats (aside from your HP pool) play a greater role in your performance. Just Buff your raid up, Heal/DPS as hard as you can (your numbers will be paltry in comparison to the "real" DPS/heal, but don't mind yet) and be happy about your adventures.

Shadowlander

I might be doing it wrong, but taking part in two conquest, that took a combined of around 2 hours, did not give me a lvl of PA.

Also spending these two hours, did not give me more than 1 lvl of prestige, from 1 to 2. Shouldnt I get more from this?

If this is the speed, then I guess I have to restrict my development to PVE. As I will never make the lvls required to buy pvp gear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast