+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help with dps please! :D

Default help with dps please! :D

Just hit lvl 50 a few days ago with my rogue and im having fun running around as an assassin/riftwalker spec and im just doing very low dps considering. i feel bad for more or less being carried and i dont like it so id like a hand lol.

nobody on seastone seems to wanna help tho im sure somebody eventually would but if anybody has an awesome spec with outstanding dps or just even pointers in general id love em!

Callic@seastone

Yeah the Seastone community is crap if you need help with something. I should be on sometime soon so hit up Montagge if you want.
    Sin/Stalker should be pretty good dps depending on how you spent your points.
    Even free cost too much now

thanks ill do that ill take all the help i can get i hate doing crap damage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchoppy View Post
    Just hit lvl 50 a few days ago with my rogue and im having fun running around as an assassin/riftwalker spec and im just doing very low dps considering. i feel bad for more or less being carried and i dont like it so id like a hand lol.

nobody on seastone seems to wanna help tho im sure somebody eventually would but if anybody has an awesome spec with outstanding dps or just even pointers in general id love em!

Callic@seastone
    Generally everything you would ever need is on the main forum in the guide section.

Plane Walker

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...gue-bible.html

yep. And a few more things.
    51Ranger/15 marksman is our highest ranged dps. Blood stalker is our highest melee dps single target.

A self parse of mine (who knows if it's accurate, I just had the same gear and no synergy crystal when trying out both specs) puts 51 ranger/15 mm with a higher dps output by about 300, total 2200-2400, than 51 markman/15 ranger, total 1800-2000.

Telaran

A big limiting factor is going to be the dps of your weapons. If your bow/gun isn't good, your ranged dps won't be good either. Same goes for your one handed weapons and melee dps.

#1 rule of playing a rogue if you haven't been over ZY's rogue bible 100 times then your doing it wrong, there is a ranger guide to but the spec is pretty much straight forward as is. Everyone I know has their own little spin on the "right" way to play blood-stalker, 32sin/20rs/14mm but its all about the same keep your blink buffs up impale never falls off and puncture and backstab on CD all the time, /win. The rest is just learning the rotation to keep everything up and bleeding. Add-ons r out there to help you learn the spec, I use NKrebuff and the other popular one is krule alert(sp?), but you can set them up to show big icons when buffs are about to fall off, when i first picked up that spec it helped a lot to get the feel for the rotation, aside from that it's all on you to practice and perfect.

My dps spec:

Hit stuff.
    Repeat.
    Try not to die.
    /end

Rift Disciple

if you don't have any class specific (meaning HK) synergy crystal, then 51MM/15rngr without using Empowered shot will most likely be your best spec to use. if you have the ISS the drop from HK to turn in for a synergy crystal i would suggest getting them in this order, ranger - mm - nb - sin - whatever u want after that.

ranger is the highest ranged dps spec w/ crystal, mm is important to have for utility (interrupt/purge). bloodstalker (32sin/20rs/14mm) really doesn't do that much dps w/o the crystal. this is because to make the spec truly shine you must keep Expose weakness up as much as possible, w.o the sin crystal you need to manually cast it very often, which makes you even MORE energy starved than the spec all ready is.

imo ppl don't give enough credit to 49nb/17sin. its an amazing spec, not quite as good ST dps as BS, its easier to run, provides some decent aoe damage (BS has none). its also much much more movement friendly as apposed to BS, and where NB really shines is sub 30% where you get a substantial damage boost. in shorter fights save Ebon Fury for sub 30%. -30% + ebon fury + 5 stacks of heat retention + SoD = AMAZING numbers. o and you get 2 ranged cp builders and a ranged finisher, so you can keep dps up on boss even if you have to move out for something.
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Champion

ive been running 49nb/17sin after not having run it in a long time and i cant be happier with its performance. you do really need the HK crystal to make it work well but IMHO it is very capable and extremely versatile, it does great every place i use it.

i run this almost exclusively now where i used to bounce all around from ranger/bloodstalker/51BD/sab.

i do miss the interupt and the fact that it has less hitpoints than all my other specs though.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

+ Reply to Thread