+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So... coming back after a 1 year abscence.

Soulwalker

Default So... coming back after a 1 year abscence.

So I just reactivated my account in the hopes that this game can keep me entertained the way it did before I had to quit due to a lot of travelling in my life. I'm finally settled down again and have my tower and isp back up. When I quit, I was fully geared in RoS stuff and was doing HK. I have some HK loot... how does this compare to the norm for nowadays? I logged back in and had no specs due to all the changes. What are some of the better pve dps and pvp specs nowadays? Any help would be awesome as I'd like to be fully immersed once again in the world of Rift!

Immerse yourself in the Rogue guides section.
    HK still is the second highest 20 man raid instance.

Champion

couple things of note, gear pre HK has gotten rescaled to lessen the steepness of the gear curve leading up to it and theres been alot of class updates wich in general have upped dps and tank mitigation.

beacuse of this t1 raids like ROS/GSB have gotten alot easier and there are now 2 weekly quests one 10 man one 20 man for this tier of raids that will reward you with any type of raid mark you like.

this same reward is in expert dungeons and stacks up to 7, one per day. (wich theres only one tier of now, they are all t2 equivelant)

HK is also alot easier both with class updates, pre HK gear getting better and HK getting flat out nerfed. trash and boss HP has been lowered and mechanics dont hurt as bad. because of this HK is alot more pug freindly and worth pugging if your not in a guild that raids it yet. HK gear is alot easier to get because of this so alot more ppl are running around in full HK gear.

rotp is HK level 10 man with great gear for rogues. it hasnt been nerfed and i think is harder than hk is now.

the new top content is ID and PF (20 and 10 man).

as far as specs go it depends on what you want to play but yeah check out the rogue guides in the guide section.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

Soulwalker

Thanks for the general info... I feel like my head is about to explode from all the new stuff while I was gone. 1 year is too long to be away from a constantly evolving game world.

I feel your pain. I came back after a year also and I can tell you I am completely overwhelmed trying to relearn everything.

The guides section has been extremely helpful though

RIFT Guide Writer

PvP is bad and I'm telling you it is really bad! Run like the wind, run scotty run!

+ Reply to Thread