+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Parfaite

Thread: More Sab action (video)

Default More Sab action (video)

Clips from a couple good games. 3 nice heated fights and 1 clip beginning from respawn w/ a brief unstoppable run.

In everyone's favorite sab map.

All r50 gear-crystal/all cq runes/all pve essences/50 vengeance source engine. Forgot to use weapon runes during one of the clips Either using +3 or +4 dps runes though in clips. (baller on a budget.)

51sab/10mm/5rs. Not much else to say, just the PoV of a Sab doing my thing.

ps. fear my leet windows live movie maker transitions. Enjoy/tell me I suck/whatev.

pps. guest star appearance from Zaros within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3doi15lm_w
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-16-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

ps. Goofball mod who moved this. I should have wrote more sab-pvp action. This video would be more appreciated in the pvp section where I first had it than the rogue section. This is a pvp video more than a rogue video. Just a rogue playing it. /shrug. We've always posted our pvp videos in the pvp board. Would appreciate a move back, don't think as many care about it here.

Sorry to others who don't care about pvp videos. This wasn't meant to be here.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yay!
    I'm awake btw, and I hope you have your Skype set up.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

I counter with:

http://www.twitch.tv/slicgw/b/325212871

!!!

But yea, your clip looks less repetitive/boring than most my scion matches. Probably cause there isn't a quadrillion clerics healing everyone on both sides.

And yea, I concur. This should be in the pvp section.
    Last edited by Slic; 07-17-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Mod literally gave it like ~10m and I found it here. Back to the pvp section to watch some other pvp videos.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Default Sad

Your video makes me sad.

I love my sab spec, but I have a bow, and I've never watched video of how much better using a gun and the no travel time bombs can be...

Looks like I need to get about 200k favor to switch to guns....

(I quit Rift when SWTOR came out, and then came back a couple months ago, and Guardians never had Guns until some semi recent patch. I just ignored it not wanting to make the switch, but that's a ridiculous difference...)
    Malg, Rogue pr50
    Nalg, Mage pr40

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Clips from a couple good games. 3 nice heated fights and 1 clip beginning from respawn w/ a brief unstoppable run.

In everyone's favorite sab map.

All r50 gear-crystal/all cq runes/all pve essences/50 vengeance source engine. Forgot to use weapon runes during one of the clips Either using +3 or +4 dps runes though in clips. (baller on a budget.)

51sab/10mm/5rs. Not much else to say, just the PoV of a Sab doing my thing.

ps. fear my leet windows live movie maker transitions. Enjoy/tell me I suck/whatev.

pps. guest star appearance from Zaros within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3doi15lm_w
    I want to know what are your go-to AOE and ST charges? I tend to use Spike if it is a healer I know is doing lots of heals and is at full health just to throw their other heals off, then I build blast charge to ST them down.

Im not sure about the AOE charges though. What do you use? I assume Caltrop is more Damage over time than shrapnel? Is it too slow though?

Quote Originally Posted by Malg View Post
    *gun powah*
    I've for a long time requested that all mechanical delays are cut and they work more on a visual level if they want to give that 'effect'. I used to use bow though, because my PA had bow turning out to be more effective until I got enough points to match out my gun PA points, at which point I swapped to the gun and have very much missed the lack of delay. It can be game changing for the bombs, also makes you ridiculously less obvious, something a sab needs badly as it is. I sometimes got some 'lucky' delays with my bow (like a rogue porting into a huge crowd as it flies mid air Lol), but gun def feels better >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Neonaraj View Post
    I want to know what are your go-to AOE and ST charges? I tend to use Spike if it is a healer I know is doing lots of heals and is at full health just to throw their other heals off, then I build blast charge to ST them down.

Im not sure about the AOE charges though. What do you use? I assume Caltrop is more Damage over time than shrapnel? Is it too slow though?

Lately I been using Ember Charges for most ST and AoE. Even with the 50% armor ignore I find the blaster charges in some cases can do less damage. With r50 increasing armor values across the board a tad and common used talents, I find the ember charges seem to pack just as much or a better punch than my blaster charges. Also bonus if they are standing next to anybody and I get aoe action. Also, ember charges debuff magical damage by 5% so the second round of them (or if you blow 1 - 2 off for a debuff) hit even harder. It is a nice aoe debuff to drop on raids when some of the most used aoe abilities (outside sab) are rift storms, fan out, mage stuff, NB aoes etc. Should net pretty good support for your team as well. Blaster Charges have the bleed effect, but I kill far less people with blaster/sharp bleeds than I do having an initial bigger punch from elemental damage based charges. Plus as I said, it is very common your target will get another aoe'd and the disparity I see between ember charges and blaster charges for ST killing on an aoe soul, I don't bother with the blasters for pvp. The most targets I focus on ST charging is warriors then clerics, and they have the heavier armor/physical damage talents more likely. So I found embers to be pretty hot for ST and AoE.

I do use other aoe stuff. Shrap charges are good imo, they do end up bleeding more damage, but I still think the embers pack a heavier initial punch. High explosives is a potent dot and I find that to be good enough to use embers for most reasons I listed above. Not like shrap destroys my performance, but I feel the extra ticks just give me the illusion of doing more damage when its the embers that drop more people. Dots can prove to be somewhat ineffective with healers unless they are long/strong enough. Caltrop charges I use in the mix of heavy ember charge cycles. Shrap + caltrop + high explodes would be a pretty serious bleed fest. I've tried a lot of charge varietys for aoe and they all seem to work well. Caltrop is a heavy tick and I find it best taken advantage of with carpet bombing. An initial blow can be healed against, but that is a heavy series of damage hits that make it rough on a healer as an entire raid is taking pretty significant hits. Of course as I said, I like to slip in a heavy set of the embers when this is going on.

Some exceptions I feel I am aware of...

Blaster charges are probably better with rogues/mages - but my reason is aoe potential is almost always there and the disparity isn't big in my eyes.

Shrap charges bleeds are good, and do kill people, but also due to the nature of pvp and having to prematurely set off charges before you reach 5. If you use shrap and this happens, I believe the second round, if detonated early, would over-write the better dot. With the frequency I have to detonate less than 5 charge rounds, why I went for the bigger punch without a dot, when I was just lessening the dot half the time due to circumstances. I feel the bleeds are mostly there for PvE efficiency. Most of the sabs notable pvp performance is in their overwhelming burst aoe damage and periods of heavy bleeds/dots. Plus, to reiterrate, the embers keeps a nice debuff up that even sabs can reap in (further elemental charges, and almost all our bombs).

Sorry for the ramble, I sort of suck at advice >.<. I kinda just do what feels right, as silly as that sounds. It changes all the time
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Slic View Post
    I still see something that video needs: Moar mouseover time bombs! Never enough. Never, I say!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    I still see something that video needs: Moar mouseover time bombs! Never enough. Never, I say!
    I agree, but really it does get tiresome lol.

+ Reply to Thread