+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 50 Ranger/help

Rift Chaser

Default 50 Ranger/help

Just turned 50 ranger and was wondering what the best seal and aug were..I made 2 deathbringers and i'm trying to get an flawless enchanted shadthorn bow?..I can and did make the chest and shoulder pads but thats pretty much it..any suggestions on anything??

I believe the seal you want is exuberant ingenuity (verify that, for the life of me i cannot remember it for 100%).

You probably want the purple grade demon horn in it for the extra AP (it'll net out +1 extra AP over the flawless thiefstone variety - which on a long enough time line, will be better once you're crit soft capped).

Most weaponmasters should be able to make this for you.

Rift Chaser

i need good gear..were the best to get it

Rift Disciple

Default 2 people in one day with gear questions

I'll just link what I use,

Qan's BiS rogue DPS

It lists every drop ranked from best to worst and the bosses that drop it. As well in includes the crafted gear: though you have to manually add the values for the augments to the listed value. If you don't like spreadsheets I know there is at least one more source for that information, just don't have it bookmarked.

As far as how to get the crafted gear, say something in trade chat and have the plat to buy it. Should take 5 mins at most to get it and be a bit cheaper then the AH. Remember to not be stingy on the tip either if you choose to get it crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    i need good gear..were the best to get it
    If you're a fresh 50, start by running T2's. Also, do the T2 Random Expert queue's (accessed via "i" in game).

Get a sigil with 6 spots - fill it with good stuff. See Qan's spreadsheet (it's in the rogue section guide - something like "DPS spreadsheet).

Then try to get into GSB / ROS. Concentrate on knowing the fights, not being a dps hero. At first you contribute more by not being an anchor.

From there, run those ... a lot. When you get 320 hit, you're ready to get into HK.

Your goal is to get 4 pieces of zardonis gear as quickly as possible. I'd recommend belt / boots / gloves and then either helm or shoulder. Then get a syn crystal asap (all zardonis quality stuff is at the more northernly Moonshade port, a bit south from the port. Look for dwarves). To this end, i recomend with your "daily random experts" that you use them on "greater marks of ascension", while you use marks recieved in GP/DH/GSB/ROS on the Durnes gear located in the sanctum guild hall. This way you can save your MoA for chest / legs and whichever of helm / shoulder you don't plan on getting with GMOA's, and aim to get belt / gloves / boots and Helm or Shoulder with Gmarks.

Having a guild that is HK or HK/ID ready will help you out IMMENSELY. If you're on your own, you might want to focus on MOA gear and forgo jumping right into GMOA, because its going to take a long time. If your guild regularly runs HK / ID, once you have 220 hit, ask if you can get in on the lower floor nights for a few bosses. Chances are not many people need the gear.

Rule of thumb: stack crit to 1056 self buffed (which raid buffed will give you 1187. At that point, start stacking AP without going below that level of crit.

Murdantix in HK has a very good sword which will probably last you quite a while - get two if you can. Savage Beastcarver.

For a ranged weapon, do the Life Saga quest and take the Durnes Godslayer Bow as a reward. This will be your bow of choice for a long time - proably until you get the Verdant Archbow from GSB (relic).... and in your melee buidls you'll still probably want the Godslayer, but that's besides the point.

You could also PVP for gear. *shrug* There's many avenues.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Haighttt; 07-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Sigh. Stupid edit timeout.

Halfway down that "220" should be "320". Typo, but an important one to correct.

Rift Chaser

I just got my last piece. You definitely want to go 4 Plate, THEN - Leather Helm, Leather Legs, Leather Boots.
    I'm confused.Half the people say plate half say leather? Which is it?? Man I just don't knw? Then I'm told to put Dex on all my gear and AP on all my weapons??

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    I'm confused.Half the people say plate half say leather? Which is it?? Man I just don't knw? Then I'm told to put Dex on all my gear and AP on all my weapons??
    If, as a rogue, you figure out a way to wear plate, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread