+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoonfireSpam

Thread: Rogue spec for leathys

Rift Chaser

Default Rogue spec for leathys

Hi everyone,

So im a rogue tank yet i learned from you all that a warrior tank on leathys is more adviseable so i wanted to make a energy drain spec for the encounter and been wondering if someone out here in the community has an awesome spec that would have debilitating poison in it! (so 38 assy needs to be in it as bare minimum).

Thx in advance styxxey

Last edited by BoomBoom; 07-14-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Retired from raiding

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    3/3 Double Cross sir
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    3/3 Double Cross sir
    Depends where your guild has the melee in p2.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Make your mages do it and play a pure dps spec
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Make your mages do it and play a pure dps spec
    Wish we could, our mages have issues draining so we've changed it up for 4 draining rogues. I've been playing 51sin-10mm-5rs but am going to try 38sin again. A bit of extra survivability wouldn't hurt. So far with 51 sin I'm usually 4200 at the end of P1, no kill yet.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Wish we could, our mages have issues draining so we've changed it up for 4 draining rogues. I've been playing 51sin-10mm-5rs but am going to try 38sin again. A bit of extra survivability wouldn't hurt. So far with 51 sin I'm usually 4200 at the end of P1, no kill yet.
    How much of that is aoe?

6-10k dps in p1 as sab depending on how much aoe dps your raid has. 4k dps in p2.

We haven't tried rogue drains simply on the grounds that its a 40% chance proc for a tick of 5 energy whereas mages are able to drain on command and in greater chunks... granted they'd have to stay stationary and the fight's not very keen on letting anyone stand still for too long.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    How much of that is aoe?
    It's all ST dps. With poisons the more targets you hit the lower the proc chance is per target so we stay on Laethys 100% of the time. Adds are taken care of by the inquisicar, a mage and the warriors.

Rogues draining isn't sufficient to keep Laethys down at 0 the entire fight. She'll be at 0 for the most part with 4 draining rogues, but with gifts from the add and her power regen during the breaths the mages have to do some drains. Using rogues is mainly to keep her power low, with mages doing the quick drains when required but are mainly free to dps.

Mages dps usually run 4.2-4.4 in P1 with draining rogues hitting 4-4.2k. We went with rogues because a mage who's constantly draining isn't doing much dps and the hit to the rogue dps isn't that bad. In P2+ any assassin spec drops dps a lot because of the positional requirement. I think I'm just over 3k usually so not very good.

We're still working through what's best and don't have a kill. We might be optimally setup for P1 but in later phases there might be a better comp. We're working on P3 now with little experience in it so still making adjustments.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-15-2012 at 11:52 AM.

It's all ST dps. With poisons the more targets you hit the lower the proc chance is per target so we stay on Laethys 100% of the time. Adds are taken care of by the inquisicar, a mage and the warriors.

Rogues draining isn't sufficient to keep Laethys down at 0 the entire fight. She'll be at 0 for the most part with 4 draining rogues, but with gifts from the add and her power regen during the breaths the mages have to do some drains. Using rogues is mainly to keep her power low, with mages doing the quick drains when required but are mainly free to dps.

Mages dps usually run 4.2-4.4 in P1 with draining rogues hitting 4-4.2k. We went with rogues because a mage who's constantly draining isn't doing much dps and the hit to the rogue dps isn't that bad. In P2+ any assassin spec drops dps a lot because of the positional requirement. I think I'm just over 3k usually so not very good.

We're still working through what's best and don't have a kill. We might be optimally setup for P1 but in later phases there might be a better comp. We're working on P3 now with little experience in it so still making adjustments.
    I ran 51 sin on our laethys kill tonight. I did about 4k in p1 and 3.3-5k in p2. Not really happy with my performance ,but the dragon died again.

Some brief tests on the pts and lead me to believe 38/8mm/20rs > 51sin/10mm/5rs > 38/18bd/10mm.

I don't think it is worth running the blink variation in this fight for a minor dps increase, especially with how much movement we do in p2 out of blues. I will be using 51 to drain.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-15-2012 at 09:51 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I use this on Laethys: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VcbcuR.x0h.-7

I usually get around 4.5k dps in phase 1 and around 3.9k minus the pile disconnects in phase 2.

The 40% proc chance on debilitating poison is high considering it procs from autoattacks too, it's the 1 second internal cooldown on it that is limiting it more and you can rely on it proccing about every 2 seconds all the time. That means 2 rogues using debilitating poison produce the same average draining as 1 mage using mana wrench on cooldown. It's very good for keeping up a constant drain on her and then using mages for more burst draining when needed.

Rift guard is not to be underestimated on this fight either. Let's say you have 9k health, Tail Lance would hit you for 2.4k and subjugation hits for 80% of your health. Without rift guard you would take 9600 damage and if you take both at the same time you would die. With rift guard you can easily take both and live. The survivability is so high that you can easily blink into the red circles in phase 1 without worrying about it. You can also use the survivability to do more dps by not stacking so much unnecessary earth resist and getting more AP instead.

One important thing to note too is that backstab in a builder macro while you are not behind the boss causes massive amount of macro lag. You take a huge hit to your dps unless you have macros without backstab you can switch to for phase 2.

Well I tried 38-20-8 to compare against 51-10-5. We don't have a kill but had multiple P3s so I got to compare specs a lot.

38-20-8 was definitely more dps. With 38-20-8 I was hitting 4.4 in P1 and 3.3 in P2/3. With 51-10-5 I was hitting 4.2 in P1 and 3.4 in P2/3. There are issues with both specs though...

With 38-20-8 I had problems in P2/3 with porting. Ports take you off the mounds and in our strategy the melee stack circles Laethys. The encounter bugs out 2/3 of the time for us so the mounds created issues with running out of tail lances and stacking with melee while the mounds were up. That's pretty minor, but the main issue I had was Laethy's ground pound. When I'd port during her ground pound porting brings you really close in to Laethys which puts you at risk for getting hit by her fist. How do people deal with that who play the 38-20-8 spec?

With 51 sin I found I was getting more dps in P2 because there are no issues with the mounds, but there's a lot less survivability. Rift guard + extra hps from RS. In encounters where it didn't bug out 38-20-8 seems to be a bit more dps.

I'd prefer to play 38-20-8 if I could since we hit the enrage a couple of times sub 10%. Our raid needs to eek out more dps, which means ideally I'd like to play the Sin-RS variant if I can do it safely.

Good tip about backstab, I'll try two macros too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I use this on Laethys: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VcbcuR.x0h.-7

I usually get around 4.5k dps in phase 1 and around 3.9k minus the pile disconnects in phase 2.

The 40% proc chance on debilitating poison is high considering it procs from autoattacks too, it's the 1 second internal cooldown on it that is limiting it more and you can rely on it proccing about every 2 seconds all the time. That means 2 rogues using debilitating poison produce the same average draining as 1 mage using mana wrench on cooldown. It's very good for keeping up a constant drain on her and then using mages for more burst draining when needed.

Rift guard is not to be underestimated on this fight either. Let's say you have 9k health, Tail Lance would hit you for 2.4k and subjugation hits for 80% of your health. Without rift guard you would take 9600 damage and if you take both at the same time you would die. With rift guard you can easily take both and live. The survivability is so high that you can easily blink into the red circles in phase 1 without worrying about it. You can also use the survivability to do more dps by not stacking so much unnecessary earth resist and getting more AP instead.

One important thing to note too is that backstab in a builder macro while you are not behind the boss causes massive amount of macro lag. You take a huge hit to your dps unless you have macros without backstab you can switch to for phase 2.
    Pretty much agree on everything as im doing about the exact same. Thought people knew already about BS infront made macro lag, same deal with puncture in a macro. All thou we only use 1 energy drain rogue, mages only drain on command before Storm Treasure. So its not like we need the passive drain, but could be nice with the 1-2 proc during ST cast.
    Last edited by Skarrij; 07-16-2012 at 06:02 AM.

I raid only 1 hour per week!

+ Reply to Thread