+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning to Rift and the Rogue!

Plane Touched

Default Returning to Rift and the Rogue!

Background

Started playing shortly after launch, quit around 1.4, and played for about a week briefly around 1.7. I played mostly a rogue and loved the 51 sin until slip away got nerfed, after that I played mostly NB/RS. Most all of my builds and build knowledge were mostly aimed at PvP, but I did run some end game PvE.

My Questions?

1. What is your opinion on the current state of the rogue?

2. What are the rogues current strengths?
    a. PvP
    b. PvE

3. Good 1.9 PvP builds and tips?

4. How does Conquest work and how can I best help as a rogue?

Pretty simple ones questions. I tried searching on the forums for some of the answers, but they are not near as active as I remember. Thank you for the help!

General of Telara

1. It's fine. I would like to have a good raiding melee spec (Bloodstalker really doesn't count).

2. Both? If you're good at PvP you're good at PvP. If you're good at PvE you're good at PvE. Anyone can make a class excel in any aspect of the game.

3. Only PvP I've done in 1.9 has been on MM. Not much opinion on the topic.

4. Go as MM and spam Fanout :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vitto View Post
    4. Go as bard and spam motifs :/
    Fixed that for you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    I am pr40.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Thank you, you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Madaam View Post
    My Questions?

1. What is your opinion on the current state of the rogue?

2. What are the rogues current strengths?
    a. PvP
    b. PvE

3. Good 1.9 PvP builds and tips?

4. How does Conquest work and how can I best help as a rogue?
    1. They are a powerful calling with lots of options within reason. Offer very versatile gameplay (3 solid roles, tank, dps, support). I don't know the woes of other callings, and probably am less knowledgeable than preferred about rogue tanking, but I think they do all 3 of those roles really well from what I see.

2. I think they are amazing in pvp, simply by design. Masters of sneak attacks/evasion, rapid attacks. Can't say how they do in pve but I am pretty sure I could top the parse with one in proper gear.

3. I have 6 roles and use all different main souls but BD and Ranger. I think the remaining souls offer very decent roles based around them. I like 51 specs a lot and have always had good success with them in pvp settings. My NB, RS, MM (usually), Sab and Bard I all do 51pt specs with. My groove lies in the sab/mm though mostly The others are just for fun/niche moments. The Sin I used to do 51 but I got over being CC'd and chasing people with my 0ranger arrows fast. 44sin/22rs, there, nobody can get away from me now. Life is good.

4. If your raid actually stays near you, bard is pretty good. Especially with the avenue to use a 'boosted' cadence against planar mobs that will be around. I use RS (or sin) at the start/boss phases when I want to tag stuff quickly. Mostly either RS because, if someone tries to stop me, I can just run and keep with my business. Or sin, because I can slip away and keep on my run. If soul-walk is up, get ballsy.

My NB sucks for CQ. Sab can do decent, but might want some evasive capability for CQ in particular. MM is the best in CQ mostly because of the mobility and extra 5m ranger. Sad is it sounds, there is such a cluster of aoe damage going you can usually knock off a couple hits from fan out before the target dies if your on the good side of momentum. Also MM probably have it easiest tagging other players so they get credit for kills raids other than their own get. Sin is fun to use in CQ if you want to anger people. Heaven forbid you pvp someone on the way to their precious boss tagging.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rogues are in a very good spot right now.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

Yeah almost to pr50(@47) and Conquest is a gravy train compared to the grinding we used to do. Haha, literally it is like a joke to me to watch the numbers fly by.

+ Reply to Thread