+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zaros

Thread: Dinged 50 - PvP Specs?

Soulwalker

Default Dinged 50 - PvP Specs?

Hi there i today leveled my first class to 50, i've leveled with a ranger build and went on to do some PvP. I looked on this site for PvP specs but people just reply with things like 46 MM/20 RS etc and i literally have no clue what points that means (i understand it's Marksman and riftstalker but no idea where to put the points).

Is there a go to spec for ranged rogues at level 50?

Thanks, i saw a few threads with actual information but most of them are very old.

There's a lot of rogue guides out there. If you want to know how to actually USE some of the specs, you can take a look at pvp videos/streams.

Such as mine. :P I happen to use both ranged and melee a lot.

All "top tier" builds boil down to 4 categories:
    -ranged-
    1) 38+ Marksman (single target)
    2) 51 Saboteur (aoe)

-melee-
    1) 40+ Assassin (solo, stealth, very sneaky, very high burst, weak in group play)
    2) 44+ Nightblade (good in groups, limited stealth, hard to kill, great pressure)
    Last edited by Slic; 07-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slic View Post
    There's a lot of rogue guides out there. If you want to know how to actually USE some of the specs, you can take a look at pvp videos/streams.

Such as mine. :P I happen to use both ranged and melee a lot.

All "top tier" builds boil down to 4 categories:
    -ranged-
    1) 38+ Marksman (single target)
    2) 51 Saboteur (aoe)

-melee-
    1) 40+ Assassin (solo, stealth, very sneaky, very high burst, weak in group play)
    2) 44+ Nightblade (good in groups, limited stealth, hard to kill, great pressure)
    44 MM or bust imho.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Take a look at the guide in my sig.
    ~Quiescent

You should contemplate barding. There are some great hybrid builds that can still help a team win, and the buffs / cc / utility don't scale off your gear.

Revisit the DPS builds when you've ranked up some, imo.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

I agree about barding, especially at lower ranks, and extra especially in Conquest.

The best suggestion I have for you is get 2 or 3 pieces of HK+ quality gear (For the 2 or 3 piece synergy crystal bonus) and grab the Ranger crystal for some instant shadow fire goodness. Once you have that (Gloves Boots Belt works best) and the rest of your slots filled with PVP gear, go 51MM 15RNG or any combonation of the two souls (min 38MM)

Sure other specs can also work well for PVP but as a newbie to it MM will keep you out of the line of fire.

Another good option is running a tank spec with full pvp gear and trollin the opposite team. People LOVE to focus fire the closest target (most people ignore the healers in the back). Blink in and keep the enemy distracted while your ranged people take them out. Personally I just use my raid tanking spec (51mm Bard/Ranger, but anything with Bladedancer for the extra dodge can work well too.
    FT:4/4 EE:5/5 DQ:4/4

Soulwalker

Default specs

I agree with those above about barding being a good choice.

Myself I like being invisible and squishy. Pretty content with a 51 assassin build with rest in bladedancer/15 and marksman/0 for ranged attacks.

I'd say go with MM, least you can eradicate at lower levels and have some impact.
    Warning: once you start erad, they will swarm you like flies.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread