+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ranger vs Bloodstalker

Soulwalker

Default Ranger vs Bloodstalker

So i just recently switched back to my rogue after some time spent on my fail cleric dps. My question is, does the 51 Ranger still out dps the bloodstalker (any variation of it)? I love playing melee, imo its more challenging and i like seeing a knife go into my enemies' eye socket. But i do like to dps the best i can, and i know the fight could call for certain specs to be more viable.

And i have checked different posts about BiS dagger for melee rogue, and contrary to game chat, the RoS Alsbeth dagger is not BiS? Trying to gear myself the best i can, got a lot of catching up to do. Thanks in advance

It really depends on the fight.

If you can stay on the boss bloodstalker will be more dps.

Bloodstalker takes some learning and practice and ranger is just 2 buttons so better off using that most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

My experience has always been that sin/RS (Bloodstalker) is more entertaining to play, but I have to deal with the hassles of melee. Not a huge deal before ID (melee is a royal pain in ID).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    ranger is just 2 buttons
    Ranger is six buttons if you do it right.

Soulwalker

Ok so BS is actually more dps, but is harder and can be more difficuly with mechanics? Sounds good to me! I always like a challenge. Have yet to try either cause i want my HK 4 piece before i do so just rocking the 51mm at the moment.

What about the ros dagger? Cause if its that good for melee rogue, ill go gdkp that sucker and buy it. Im all about being uber :-) my guild just moved into ID so no drops from there is possible. Especially not for me. I must have my 4 piece otherwise i feel useless. Not gonna gimp a raid for my attendance....

RotP dagger is BiS before ID, easily attainable and doesn't rely on a proc to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon99 View Post
    Ok so BS is actually more dps, but is harder and can be more difficuly with mechanics? Sounds good to me! I always like a challenge. Have yet to try either cause i want my HK 4 piece before i do so just rocking the 51mm at the moment.
    It's not just that it's a challenge, it's that some mechanics make it deal less damage than Ranger. For instance, bloodstalker has no AoE, and if you have to leave melee range, your damage output drops significantly.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of fights where Bloodstalker just isn't worth using.

And a handful of fights where porting to the boss is likely to get you killed.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

So if youre forced to move while youre using BS is you dps gonna drop? Or will it just because you may get out of range, lag, etc etc? Sorry for newb questions. I would be testing this stuff out but im stuck at work for 24 hour duty so cant get on :-( thanks for the help and advice

General of Telara

The more movement a fight has the more Ranger will pull closer to Bloodstalker

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon99 View Post
    So if youre forced to move while youre using BS is you dps gonna drop? Or will it just because you may get out of range, lag, etc etc? Sorry for newb questions. I would be testing this stuff out but im stuck at work for 24 hour duty so cant get on :-( thanks for the help and advice
    If you get disconnected, you risk losing max uptime on Stalker phase blinks trying to reconnect. Not to mention (as others have), blinks are kind of...not smart and can put you in a disadvantageous position (ports to center of the boss, which can sometimes be problematic.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Sin-RS is more dps for sure, problem is there are lots of limitations to the spec. The only fight you can use it on is Ituziel where it's more dps then ranger. Other then that every fight is either melee unfriendly, you can't be behind the boss or the ports will get you killed. The problem isn't the spec, it's ID.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

RIFT Guide Writer

38 sin is quite fun on Laethys and it's basically a modified bloodstalker. It's going to lose to ranger in dps in phase 2 because you can't be behind the boss but I think the added draining from debilitating poison makes up for it. Alltha in Primeval Feast is also a nice fight for bloodstalker.

Overall ranger is just strong at the moment unless the pet bugs or gets killed by mechanics. It's the easy mode for dps which is sad since I enjoy playing all the other builds much more than ranger.

Soulwalker

Ya i hear that. I love playing the challenging specs. Makes you a better player and you get so much more satisfaction out of it. But like everyone is saying, sometimes you gotta go for the 2 button ranger masher just for the situation.

That being said, i have been reading the 34 BS is actually slightly better then the 32? Sorry cant link posts and threads im newbtastic on my pos smart phone with all that stuff. And also, since p50 released, ranger gets equal and even slighty more dps out of the p50 bow vs aky relic? Or is it the gun? Make no difference? And how does that work for BS? BS runs on stat stacking and not ranged weapon dps correct?

Ranged Weapon DPS does nothing for melee builds, but the stats do, indeed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast