+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Expanding the current souls. What'd you like to see?

Ascendant

Default Expanding the current souls. What'd you like to see?

There's been a fair amount of discussion and speculation on the new souls for Storm Legion. But I thought It'd be interesting to hear what sort of things you would like to see added to the existing souls when they're expanded with the new level cap.

Going with the assumption that it'll be another tier added to the trees, allowing 61 points to be placed instead of the current 51. For now at least.

Anyway to get the ball rolling...

Bladedancer
    If this is intended to be the Rogue's melee AoE spec, like the Warrior Champion, then I'd like to see a new talent or two to further emphasize this (and let the soul be better at it, heh). Such as increasing the max targets and damage of Twin/Compound attack.

Or, like I've suggested a few times myself, add a new AoE follow-up attack to be used after Twin Strike at the new top of the tree.

A talent that increases the potency of the Blade Tempo dance would be nice too since it's during that phase the Bladedancer's DPS drops off. Though a new Rhythmic action at 61 points would be great too.

Thousand Cuts - Rhythmic Action. Reduces the Rogue's global cooldown by 0.5 seconds for 21 seconds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Thousand Cuts - Rhythmic Action. Reduces the Rogue's global cooldown by 0.5 seconds for 21 seconds.
    Would need energy regen greatly increased (at least 2x, so 48 energy/sec or more) or energy costs reduced to zero for this to even work. Would be pretty insane though.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I think an 0.5s GCD would be far too excessive. It may be fine for people with low latency but anyone in Hawaii, Asia, Australia, Africa and maybe even South America gets screwed by it.

If Rogues had a base 1.5s GCD then that ability would be fine, but not as it stands.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Heh. Fair points, didn't really think that one all the way through. Was going for a DPS Rhythm which would be really unique instead of just a +x% damage cooldown.

Anyways, any thoughts on what sort of things you would like added to any of the the other souls with Storm Legion?
    Last edited by Kedon; 07-12-2012 at 07:01 AM.

bard: Combat Rez.
    just for the sake of having one.

satisfied with the rest of rogue. will see what Trion will come up with, and will look for the best way to use it
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

A switch talent to make a bard's healing better and reduce his motif and fanfare benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I think an 0.5s GCD would be far too excessive. It may be fine for people with low latency but anyone in Hawaii, Asia, Australia, Africa and maybe even South America gets screwed by it.

If Rogues had a base 1.5s GCD then that ability would be fine, but not as it stands.
    Assuming it's a deep point investment, how's it any different than 5/5 Spark + Heatwave?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerity View Post
    Assuming it's a deep point investment, how's it any different than 5/5 Spark + Heatwave?
    They still have a GCD of 1 second with that combo I think. Heatwave reduces cast time, not the GCD. I could be wrong since they've dumbed down a lot of descriptions.

You'd be better off having the good rhythmic abilities last longer instead.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Oh I thought Heat Wave reduced the GCD by 0.5 seconds for its duration. Perhaps that was before Spark was added. My mistake.

61 point ability, I don't care which tree.

Rogues now store combo points on themselves instead of their target. =P
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Globally energy regeneration increased by 5-10 energy / second.

Blade dancer
    get rid of some if not all of the rthmics and turn them into passives
    aoe follow ups
    new points in tree to allow 5 charges of deadly dance

Ranger
    new pet that does more single target dps than raptor
    new attacks
    feral agression removed new passive added to increase pet damage / crit rating for a lesser amount.

Marksman
    single target dps increased by 20% don't care how (Maybe make deadeye shot worth using?)
    Fan out/LF gives combo points
    new aoe finisher
    EM, VM, and STM no longer have reduced chance to proc on multiple targets.

Nightblade
    new ranged abilities added
    ranged aoe finisher
    damage reduction removed from defensive cooldowns

Assasin
    passive to increase bleed damage based on number of points in soul
    new bleeds added
    a way to use stealth based attacks more frequently

Bard
    cadence range increased
    motif duration increased
    buffs scale with attack power
    new life based attacks added
    New ability added that lets the rogue passively to heal on damage done. This is increased with cadence or new life abilities.
    Assurances this new ability works in conjunction with saboteur abilities.
    One of, Cleanse/brez/purge added. (I prefer cleanse on finisher smart aoe cleanse up to 5 targets based on number of combo points)

Saboteur
    splinter/ember charge changed to bombs that detonate charges.
    Time bomb - countdown timer added
    chemical bomb - now works on maelforge
    Traps - cast time removed damage increased

Riftstalker
    Ranged threat abilities added
    2 min raid hp cooldown scaling added (seriously wtc?) - Also heals for amount when applied instead of leaving the raid missing the hitpoints that were added.
    Ranged version of guarded steel
    Ability that activates planar vortex without having to blink.
    Ground target aoe with added threat like vortex.

EDIT: Wow I didn't expect to type all that out
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Not all my ideas

Need energy costs reduced or energy regen increased for all souls.

SIN:
    Reduce the CD on Serpent Strike.
    Ability to reset all SIN cooldowns.
    Damage scaling with points in SIN soul.

BD:
    Make DD effect 4 abilities instead of 3. Deadly Strike 20%/CP chance to reset Precision strike CD.
    Make AoE more competitive: AoE followups like Quick/Precision that are added to Double Coup and Dualism.

Bard:
    Make all ranges 30m. Make all abilities count as ranged attacks for synergy purposes.
    Add one or more of an interrupt, purge, brez or cleanse.
    Make buffs scale with gear and/or make damage/healing more significant and scale with gear better.
    Really, there have been tons of suggestions for this soul, pick some so it's more fun and giving them gear isn't a waste.

MM:
    Empowered shot and Deadeye become instant cast, no crystal needed.
    Make damage scale better with gear. Controlled Fire is the easy place to put this.

NB:
    Living Shadow as 61 point ability, buffs death damage done.
    AoE finisher.

Ranger:
    Splinter shot and Shadow Fire instant cast, no crystal needed.
    FA off GCD.
    Make raptor better ST DPS pet. New shambler pet for goopy AoE DPS. Or vice versa. New pet animal type subject to change for awesomeness.
    Reduce Trick shot energy cost.
    Make pets faster or give them all a charge of some kind. Remove pet ability cast times. Need to be able to keep up with moving bosses when there is lag, really.

RS:
    A way to better deal with ranged mobs. Port them to me, port me and all the mobs in melee with me to them, something.
    Maintain mitigation with warriors/clerics.
    Swap places with and take all threat from friendly target. (Hot for tank swaps, OK for saving people from mobs)

Sab:
    Make all attacks ranged for synergy purposes and based off ranged weapon even in melee range.
    Make all bombs able to be used as finishers.
    Make all bombs able to be mob targeted instead of ground targeted. (toggle buff like RS ports?)
    Bring back charge booster, limit it to adding two charges max. Will be a decent DPS bump and make the "utility" changes more used.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Ascendant

Just had an idea for a fun new Riftstalker 61pt tanking cooldown.

Shadow Illusion - Creates a shadow copy of the Rogue. The Shadow deals no damage but taunts nearby enemies. The Shadow has 50% of the Rogue's health and will disappear after 5 seconds. Cannot be healed. If Planar Reversal is active the Rogue will teleport behind the target leaving the Shadow in his former position.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Just had an idea for a fun new Riftstalker 61pt tanking cooldown.

Shadow Illusion - Creates a shadow copy of the Rogue. The Shadow deals no damage but taunts nearby enemies. The Shadow has 50% of the Rogue's health and will disappear after 5 seconds. Cannot be healed. If Planar Reversal is active the Rogue will teleport behind the target leaving the Shadow in his former position.
    aka a flashy immunity CD
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I would love to have a zero range AE knock back bomb for Sab even if needed a longer CD for balance.

I'm also a big proponent of changing ember and splinter to bombs but I have to say they are a lot more useful now than they were before the Sab revamp.

And can we please have a timer on the debuff icon for time bomb?
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast