+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need a Pro's help my solo build

Soulwalker

Default Need a Pro's help my solo build

This is my current build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VRcx0b.VI0h.-7

Is this going to be a good DPS PVE build? My DPS numbers are good and I can survive pretty much anything, I have several CC, AOE, debuff and buff abilities. I like the way it plays, I'm just not sure if there is something I could do a little different to squeeze a little more DPS out of it. The theory of this build is a solo PVE build that can also hold my own in a dungeon environment and dabble in PvP.

Any and all suggestions are helpful so please speak freely.

This is a very viable solo build. However, it just won't cut it for DPS. If you're ok with sub-par DPS, by all means play it. But you do realize you can have up to 5 different specs set up? I have 3 PvP specs, and one tanking/experimental spec.
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 07-11-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Soulwalker

Well, with keeping the same gameplay idea, is there any way to boost DPS by adjusting the build? Or am I going to have to respec completely? I know there are high DPS builds out there but none are set up with these souls, is that because you can't get high DPS with the souls I've selected? Or am I specing it wrong? I just don't like the way a full Assassin/Bladedancer build plays, you die really easily and I would like a little survivability.

Is that just the deal? If I build a high DPS Rogue I can't work in all of the things I mentioned in my OP? I have to sacrafice AOE, debuffs, CC and buff abilities?

If you could, just show me on my build what I could change that would make it more viable.

Read Zyzyx' Bible about rogue specs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalSkillz View Post
    Is that just the deal? If I build a high DPS Rogue I can't work in all of the things I mentioned in my OP? I have to sacrafice AOE, debuffs, CC and buff abilities?
    Increasing one of those things will come at the expense of the rest. There is no one spec that will fulfill every need. That's why you have six roles to switch between.

Personally, I carry a soloing spec, a tank spec, a Marksman spec (for 5-man dungeons and PvP), a Bard PvP spec, a Bloodstalker spec (for high DPS on single-target raid bosses), and a ranger spec (for most raid bosses).

Sword of Telara

for solo-ing and using nb as your main, i would drop the assassin and add blade dancer

RS tree 5 into ap, 5 into fortitude, 3 into scavenger, and 1 into rift guard

BD tree 5 into blade finesse, 5 into combat expertise, 5 into ambidextrious, and 2 into turn the tide

NB tree i would respec it with the remainder points you have. make sure you have dusk to dawn, scourge of darkness, twilight force, ebon fury, and enkindle. i wouldnt use melted skin or enhanced weapon enchantments.

you would probably be doing sligthly more dmg, have a little bit of range, more hp and more dmg reduction, especially if you used one of the 2 plane shifts or a guarded steel when your rift guard wore off.
    this would offer you so many more utilities for survival then what you have now.
    you said this was for solo-ing? would also work better if someone tried to gank you in open world

80% dmg reduction for 5 seconds twilight shelter 2 min cd
    15% dmg reduction for 30 seconds everytime its activated rift guard
    side steps
    10% increase dmg / -10% dmg taken turn the tide anytime you dodge
    2 plane shifts along with a 20 meter gap closer that gives 2 combo points with a 15 second cd
    a heal over time finisher
    an aoe finisher and attack with that also reduces their dmg with an 8 second cd
    an interrupt throw

Here's how I maxed out my PA's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6jPuNNnTGQ

Spec in signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Does planar vortex even apply for the solo build since you're not using guardian phase?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Iadar View Post
    Does planar vortex even apply for the solo build since you're not using guardian phase?
    Using guardian phase rather than stalker like the spec says. Seems to be a good boost to survivability while not making a big impact to dps.

+ Reply to Thread