+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 44 Sab/20 Sin/2 BD (Sabosin)

Soulwalker

Default 44 Sab/20 Sin/2 BD (Sabosin)

The Build- http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...k.0Vkcxcb.M.-7

The concept behind this build would be to have tons of bleeds/DoTs ticking constantly (Serrated Blades, Puncture, Spike Charge, High Explosives, Barbed Trap)

I'm about to test it on the dummy (with very bad stats admittedly). I'll Update this post with my findings, if anyone more involved in theorycrafting than me wants to take a look at this, maybe change some points around or tweak the rotation, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Soulwalker

again, if someone with more theorycrafting/parsing experience wants to test out a build similar to this it would be much appreciated but...

Its not looking good :*( My rotation went something like:
    Spike Charge(SC)x5>Annihilation Bomb(AB)>Frag Bomb(FB)>Carpet Bombing(CB)>ABx4>Time Bomb(TB)>FB>SCx5>Detonate(Det)>Barbed Trap(BT)>TB>FB>Puncture>SCx5>Det>BT and so on

I would use AB in place of Detonate whenever i was blowing my SC's up.
    I would use CB whenever i did the above and it was off CD to spam 4 ABs.
    My main point was trying to keep all 4 active bleeds up at all times, sometimes SC would fall off but that was only when i was already in the middle of applying 5 more.

Overall I was disappointed by this build but not a huge disappointment. I did ~850-900 dps with the above rotation while i do ~1100 with my 51Sabo Build, so I feel as though if a few talents were moved around (didn't end up using Keen or Quick strike), some fat was cut off the rotation, and I had more than 471 AP and 571 crit, this build could be viable.

unless i'm mistaken, serrated blades is pretty much useless in sabo because they're technically counted as poisons and not melee attacks. even if you're in melee, it would only proc off auto attacks from your melee weapon.

basically, if u go sabo, u need 51 sab for the insane bonus you get from high explosives. nothing you'll get in another tree is going to compensate for that.

Laethys

Something like this used to be the popular spec before sab got reworked recently.

51sab/10mm/5rs is the best sab spec now.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-11-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Soulwalker

ahhh, i forgot about the bonus to high explosives you get for putting the last 7 points into sabo. yeah theres no way to make up for that =*(

+ Reply to Thread