+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fujitasix

Thread: Battle Bard - Conquest

Default Battle Bard - Conquest

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ooqz.VMxhzM.-7

No rez in this build which you might want to accommodate, but it's got all the key physical buffs, loads of endurance, mobility, electrified munitions for the spamout, rapid fire shot / hasted shot if you get in a 1v1, fascination, virtuoso, on the double, guardian phase in a pinch, etc.

Building CPs with swift at 35m > attempting to use cadence on anything other than an extractor, and you can sneak in for those quick restorations or just use a ranged finisher for a kill steal.

I apologize if anyone has already posted something similar, but I haven't bothered to dig, and I had a great deal of fun with this.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Plane Touched

The only problem with barding in conquest is that your random pugraid will all go seperate directions and youl only be buffing yourself.

The only logical spec is to use a 35m fanout and tag everyone so you get favor.

sad but true
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    The only problem with barding in conquest is that your random pugraid will all go seperate directions and youl only be buffing yourself.

The only logical spec is to use a 35m fanout and tag everyone so you get favor.

sad but true

This includes 35m spam out and people are already getting a touch smarter about staying in their raids.

Soulwalker

I get the feeling you like beer
    I'm going to try this out-thanks!
    Chucklehead

I gave it a couple rounds of testing, and I can say it's very slippery, deals 60% of the spam out damage of MM, and buffs the hell out of your raid. The healing can be AMAZING at times - when you can pop virtuoso on an extractor your team is overrunning, you can power the raid through all kinds of damage.

Toggling fervor and competence at your leisure is also *very* nice, it's like the off / on switch for zerg mode or stop and see who is going to win the head-to-head, and make a hasty retreat if necessary.

I also managed to embarrass a few other rogues with this in a 3v1 - I had virtuoso up, and I lived through their attacks and rotated fascination on them until help arrived. Not a bad package at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I gave it a couple rounds of testing, and I can say it's very slippery, deals 60% of the spam out damage of MM, and buffs the hell out of your raid. The healing can be AMAZING at times - when you can pop virtuoso on an extractor your team is overrunning, you can power the raid through all kinds of damage.
    Holy Champ + Cadence is usually good enough for that sort of thing in a more pew pew Cadence-oriented spec, but yeah, Virtuoso is still pretty money.

As for the spec itself, not sure you're gaining enough to really justify going above 10 in MM. You might honestly get more mileage out of something like 38 Bard/18 NB/10 MM for what you want to do (still keep the builder at range, still keep all the buffs, add some % to your healing, get the out-of-combat rez, add AoE heal debuff w/ Fan Out + Fell Blades, plus some passive % builders, get Twilight Shelter as your "oh [expletive]" button). Since the intent is to stay at a safe distance, you might get more mileage out of that, even if you are eschewing GP and the like.

Something like... 38 Bard/18 NB/10 MM.

I mean, I could be misinterpreting what you want this spec to do. If you want the spec to pop a little more into the lines and play as bait, then by all means, dump points into RS -- though, again, I don't know if you gain enough going past 10 (or 11 for OTD) in MM, so you might want to tune for a 34/21/11 or 34/22/10 and grab some more durability from RS.
    Last edited by Kyera; 07-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Holy Champ + Cadence is usually good enough for that sort of thing in a more pew pew Cadence-oriented spec, but yeah, Virtuoso is still pretty money.

As for the spec itself, not sure you're gaining enough to really justify going above 10 in MM. You might honestly get more mileage out of something like 38 Bard/18 NB/10 MM for what you want to do (still keep the builder at range, still keep all the buffs, add some % to your healing, get the out-of-combat rez, add AoE heal debuff w/ Fan Out + Fell Blades, plus some passive % builders, get Twilight Shelter as your "oh [expletive]" button). Since the intent is to stay at a safe distance, you might get more mileage out of that, even if you are eschewing GP and the like.

Something like... 38 Bard/18 NB/10 MM.

I mean, I could be misinterpreting what you want this spec to do. If you want the spec to pop a little more into the lines and play as bait, then by all means, dump points into RS -- though, again, I don't know if you gain enough going past 10 (or 11 for OTD) in MM, so you might want to tune for a 34/21/11 or 34/22/10 and grab some more durability from RS.
    The intent was more to have escape ability and still have some single target damage capability at 35m, and on the double + planar shifts ensures you're going to at least have an opportunity to mount up and run away. I tried an NB variant and was dissatisfied with the mobility, and 4 more points in MM was too good to pass up for smaller scale skirmishes with EM and RFS.

try burnbard, and felblade>vamp as it is not limited by aoe restrictions so makes a handy utility for your team while keeping you somewhat alive.

Bard anthem= active raid buffing= credit for anything your raid group near you does+spamout covers tagging anything your raid group does not.

this isnt for the win, or to kill people, its to farm favor/pristige/xp in cq while providing faction wide utility.

not gonna say how much I make on favor per match, win or lose, but its near the hundreds of thousands w/o pots.

+ Reply to Thread