+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pink Freud

Thread: Assassinate vs jagged strike.

Shadowlander

Default Assassinate vs jagged strike.

So basically what im wondering is if it is ever worth it to use assassinate in pvp? The only reason i can see to use it is if your going to 1 shot someone. Right now for me i the talent so that they both have 50% higher chance to crit.

My tool tip and testing show that the jagged strike dot does more damage than a crit of assassinate. Thats not even accounting that because of the 50% crit increase almost all the ticks of the dot are going to crit.

Unless there's something im missing i cant see any reason at all to use assassinate unless im gonna one shot someone.

It can make a really big hit if you have a deadly dance buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Jagged all the way unless you have what Zyzx said, DD buff. Only time i would use it if the target has low valor or low HP.

I raid only 1 hour per week!

I've done deadly dance assassinates for the lulz, but to use it viably you either a) blow your good plan B slip away at a shot in the dark of a silly combination with large expectations. b) you have to kill a mob and run as fast as you can to gank someone in 15s.

Even with Deadly Dance up I'd rather hit jagged strike because it will tick like a truck. Unless you are certain you can 1 shot someone. If you think you can 1 shot and that doesn't work and they hit a heal - the whole assassinate plan was a wash.
    Last edited by Violacea; 07-08-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Assassinate does slightly better burst. If you're timing your attacks to coincide with someone else's, then using Assassinate might help kill them before they (or the healers) can react.

Jagged Strike will probably see more use in random Warfronts, though, just because it's difficult to sync like that with a PUG.

Plane Touched

I've been testing the viability of both pretty much since i started a rogue in release.

Currently Against endgame pvpers(1400+ valor) Assasinate will crit for in the range of 1100-1300. A decent blow but nothing too terminal. Jagged strike will crit for 300-553 per tick and seems to crit far far more often than assasinate does .......assumeing you're going to be wearing full pvp gear.

Jagged strike is overall the best mostly because it's extremely important that your opener crit so that you can use a serpent strike off the bat and fit in another just as theyre getting low. Assasinate can and will mess that up with a non crit.

The best use ive found for Assasinate is a follow up after you slip away. even with a non crit you're just looking for a 1000ish hit to finish them off .
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

Sword of Telara

Jagged will also help use up Expose Weakness procs quicker. Something to keep in mind.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    It can make a really big hit if you have a deadly dance buff.
    This ^
    r31, 33sin33bd, Adriana's Automatic Sneak-o-matic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Assassinate vs jagged strike.-clipboard01.jpg  

Neither! Because Assassin sucks :D

.. Okay, okay. Use Jagged.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread