+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Why are rogues able to /say while in stealth. Stealth needs more restrictions.

Default Why are rogues able to /say while in stealth. Stealth needs more restrictions.

I really don't care if i get flamed from all the stealth schills it won't bother me. Rogues have to much freedom with their stealth.

They can pick and choose wether or not abort a fight withw ay to much ease. While other classes are forced to commit to a battle to the death the rogue can just hide and re up.

Why are rogues able to /say and /yell telling us exactly where they are standing, but we can't knock them out of stealth this is ridiculous.

I don't care if I did not lay out a perfect argument my thread isn't for this community it's meant for trion I am 100% they will know what i am talking about.
    Last edited by Izualy; 07-06-2012 at 10:54 AM.

okay

/10char

Stealth has plenty of restrictions, and the only advantage it offers is that it allows to rogue to pick when to engage... which is largely mitigated by the fact that heavy assassin rogues hits like a wet noodle if you survive the initial ~10 seconds after they open from stealth.

The only rogues that can re-stealth mid combat are those with at least 31 points in assassin, which is rare in any pvp spec since 51 sin is a really poor choice of pvp specs.

The assassin hybrids can be knocked out of stealth really easily with aoe abilities which you can do relatively reliably if you've ever played a rogue or if you've fought against them long enough. You can also knock them out of stealth with bleed effects if you apply them before they try to slip away. Slip only guarantees 3 seconds of stealth for non 44+ point assassins.

The chat bubble you see from a stealthed character is NOT where they are. It would defeat the entire point of stealth if it was given away by an toggle-able option on the enemy's side.

I have to say, I really dislike people who post qq threads based upon their false impression of how the game works instead of airing any actual grievances of actual game mechanics that may need improvements.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I don't care they shouldn't be able to /say /yell while in stealth while other class standing there in the open. While they have the freedom to sucker punch whenever they want.

When it comes down to it trion wants them to win all 1v1's anyway.

they leave such a bad taste. What if there is more then one rogue? You have no chance. You can't tell you are about to be out numbered.

The point is they have the freedom to pick and chose to sucker punch people at times like when ppl are already at 1/2 life getting charges or in pve gear. etc

God forbid any of you wanted to 1v1 when someone was ready tho but this is the style of play trion supports the most. BS
    Last edited by Izualy; 07-06-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Plane Touched

Sure...make a global mute while in stealth.

Then i'll just say in vent where you are.........................MIND BLOWN YET?

gg
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

Yes I agree with you. Rogues are using ventriloquism while stealthed so that you turn your back and they can assault you from behind.

This really does need to be nerfed as it's a game-breaking feature. It is the overriding concern in Conquest matches and I'm surprised that today's hotfix did not address such a fundamental flaw with the stealth mechanism.

Rift's stealth mechanics have got to be the all-time stupidest of all MMO games, EVER!

I fully support being able to go stealth when you're NOT in combat, but stealth should NEVER work when you're engaged IN combat.
    The idea that it is fair or reasonable to be able to break out of combat, and disappear is just plain wrong.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 07-06-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Plane Touched

Is this yalls first mmo? i can name a ton since everquest that allows rogues to re-stealth in combat.

madmagesmad
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

Sword of Telara

If you want stealth nerfed you better be ready to compensate Assassins in other ways, either through durability or higher damage.

And I'm betting if that happened you would still be QQing.

Warrior damage should be capped at 200 max.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Disciple

Point to the spot on the doll where the bad rogue touched you.

PS - This thread is so Fall 2011.

This is a serious issue.
    ~Quiescent

Another pointless thread..

I raid only 1 hour per week!

Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has started as a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your topics relevant and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you get pwned by a stealthed rogue.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 07-06-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrj View Post
    Another pointless thread..
    No, no, this be some serious business!
    Retired from raiding

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast