+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: An extra ten points to spend.

Sword of Telara

Default An extra ten points to spend.

Kicking around the idea of the expansion raising cap to 60, I'm assuming they will give us at least ten more points to spend (maybe 14, just to give us 80 points to use).

IF they don't change the trees, I can see some things happening:

1) Blinksin spec (Sin/RS/MM)? Gone. This build is already at the height of synergy, and all that is left is stealth stuff from Sin, tank stuff from RS and ranged stuff from MM.

2) 49NB 17Sin becomes the top melee spec. Either 51NB 17Sin 8MM or 49/17/10.

3) 51 Ranger stays top ranged DPS. 5/5 Master Archer is the next logical step, and 3/3 Sniper Training 2/5 Unseen Fury (to boost Shadow Fire and Splinter Shot) or straight up 5/5 Unseen Fury (more AP).

4) 51 MM gets interesting. If you run 51MM 15Ranger right now and invest more into Ranger you'll get Concussive Blast, and can also pick up Opportunity, Trick Shot/Improved Trick Shot, Prey on the Weak and RoA. This changes AOE encounters a bit and now there's enough points invested to get the Greater Dire Wolf.

5) Unfortunately, 51Bard doesn't seem to get any benefit of more points. Stick more points in RS for survivability or more into MM if you DPS instead of Cadence sometimes.

6) 51RS 8Ranger 7Bladedancer sees a great improvement from taking 10 more points in BD. Put 3 in Blade Finesse to pick up 5/5 Ambidextrous and 2/2 Turn the Tide. More dodge/deflect and access to 5% less damage.

Well, theorycraft away.

-Not knowing new soul
    -Going with 10 more points

Pure Ranged DPS:
    51Rgr/18mm/7sin
    -Gains over current: 7% dmg, 5%crit

Other option
    51Rgr/20mm/5rs
    -Gains over current: 5% dmg, aoe armor debuff, 15% ap, hp, blink

Utility spec:
    51Rgr/25mm/0xx
    -Gains 10sec CD ranged Interrupt, aoe armor debuff, slight damage modifiers.

----

Same BS & NB comments you made

---
    Tank specs:
    I believe we may get a better tank support soul with 1.9

Anyway, here's an Offtank spec since I'm bored
    51RS/22bard/3rgr
    -Lose: 2% life, 6% mitigation
    -Gain: 1% reduced hit/crit hit, combat runspeed, cadence healing spam, resto finisher (since tank only really has guarded steel finisher anyway).

P8, 5/8 ID, HK Conq 11/11 (gear)
    Rogue - Seastone, Defiant
    "Release the attack squirrels!"

Ascendant

I can't remember who said it (I'll have a look for the quote later) but I believe it was stated that the existing trees are going to be modified and exoanded.

I'm wondering if we could see a Bladedancer revival though. I can imagine the addition of Magnify Pain from 17 Assassin to 51 Bladedancer being a very, very significant boost (especially during BaSP!).
    Last edited by Kedon; 07-06-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Nimue View Post

Anyway, here's an Offtank spec since I'm bored
    51RS/22bard/3rgr
    -Lose: 2% life, 6% mitigation
    -Gain: 1% reduced hit/crit hit, combat runspeed, cadence healing spam, resto finisher (since tank only really has guarded steel finisher anyway).
    That also brings to mind: They should change Annihilate to be a raid buff. Warrior tanks get SO and 5% damage raid buff, Clerics get healing, and I think it'd be cool for us to have a +% AP/SP buff that stacked with other raid buffs. 15% would be OP, but 10% could be good.

Ascendant

Raising the level cap without adding a new tier to souls to spend points would be pure and utter folly. I'm not even sure my brain could process how bad it would be. If you're adding to the level cap, you add skills as well. New soul as well.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

I can't find it right now, but I'm fairly sure they said they are adding 10 points to all the existing souls. Closest is this post:

Q: Will level 60 players have access to more soul points to spend?
    A: Of course! Players level 50 and up will gain additional soul points to spend (Final number TBD), but cannot spend more than their level+1 in any specific soulů So for example a level 55 player can spend up to 56 points in a single soul.
    I expect to have 79 to 81 total points, seems like they have not decided how many yet. 61 point builds will likely dominate as long as the tree has a "x for every additional point in the soul after y" talent in it. I'd REALLY like them to move those to the root of the trees and make them more consistant so we can mix trees more freely. Might be too much of a rework for them though.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Yea, what they'll most likely do is stick with the existing formula for points per soul and overall points. Level +1 for points per soul and an extra point to spend per 3 levels. That means 61 point souls and 81 total points. I believe they're also going to change up all the souls, try to equalize scaling amongst the classes so they don't have to revamp classes every time a new tier of content comes out.

My hope is assassin gets a boost and will become our top ST dps soul, Sab will remain our top aoe soul and every other soul is somewhere in-between. Make melee higher then ranged for dps, make souls with no aoe higher single target dps and make souls with less utility more dps.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

General of Telara

Pretty sure I remember them saying you can spend 61 points into a soul after the level cap increase

Ascendant

Right, so all the theorycrafting using 51 point builds are pointless due to not even knowing the power of the new (and highest) tier abilities.

You're theorycrafting old talents knowing their will be new ones, but assuming none of them will be useful or used.

Does not make sense.
    The first issue I would like feedback on is the Power Regeneration. I have tweaked it to a point but I need feedback on it from actual players (You guys) in a real world environment to fine tune it. The value is not final and will likely need to be changed. The goal is to minimize the use and need for Tablets and make players who do not use them more viable without completely removing the use of the Tablets in game

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    Right, so all the theorycrafting using 51 point builds are pointless due to not even knowing the power of the new (and highest) tier abilities.

You're theorycrafting old talents knowing their will be new ones, but assuming none of them will be useful or used.

Does not make sense.
    Makes perfect sense. I'm bored at work. I stand by my assumption that Blinksin will be dead.

Why are you only going 51 pts into stuff instead of 61?

My top pics:
    61BD/ 17sin / 2rs/mm

61bd/11 mm/ 8 rs

61ranger/17mm/0sin

60nb/20rs/0sab

61sab/14mm/5rs

61mm/14ranger/5rs

Seems like the days of 20-30 points in each soul are going bye bye. Also, I might have to start practicing BD. UGH!

EDIT: 36sin/20rs/24bd - maybeeee
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Makes perfect sense. I'm bored at work. I stand by my assumption that Blinksin will be dead.
    Maybe, maybe not. 61 sin-20rs could work if we get 81 points. Myself I hope it dies... blinks were a bad idea, way too many restrictions and downsides to blinking. Best for it to die and have them balance all the rogue souls correctly.

I hope they nerf 20 points in RS being such a dps boost.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I don't understand why, even if you're theorycrafting for the fun of it, people would not include 17 points in assassin to everything.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    So then you're saying that no soul will have any viability above 51 points?

And you think that makes sense, how?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    I don't understand why, even if you're theorycrafting for the fun of it, people would not include 17 points in assassin to everything.
    Uhh, why not?

I'm gonna try to fit 17 sin everywhere I can. So much dmg.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 07-06-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast