+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo ranger spec

Default Solo ranger spec

I will admit my main focus is my mage, but I started playing a rogue with Ranger as my main spec.

I see lots of 51/15/0 builds for it, but why wouldn't something like this work better?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...eosoqz.V0xM.-7

Because 12 in NB gives you +15% for Builders and Finishers, a 20% chance to do fire damage + 5% more damage. 14 in Marks gives you Electrical Munitions and then 40 in Ranger gives you all the damage boosts, mildly limits your AoE (Fan out spam, and rain of arrows is main AoE) but seems to still be solid.

Please someone help me out!

Also, for solo should I be using the boar or the blood raptor?

Damn it, cant edit.

Just looked it over, would 3 points in Sharp shooter be better then 3 additional points in Penetrating Shots?

51-15-0 is a raid spec. For soloing I'm not sure what's best, I don't solo as ranger.

The reason 51-15-0 is the best raid spec is unlike mages most rogue souls have passives in them where you gain benefits the more points you spend in a tree. Your pet is considerably weaker from not going 51 points in ranger plus you're missing the 51 point ranger ability which is nice.

For me on Ituziel I'll do maybe 3150 and my pet will do 1150, so more then a quarter of my damage comes from my pet. Going only 40 into ranger is enough to make the pet's damage drop enough that adding more to finishers, etc... will not make up for the damage loss from your pet.
    Last edited by Mayi; 07-06-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread