+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yayoh

Thread: What kind of Greater Planar Essence should a Bard be using?

Default What kind of Greater Planar Essence should a Bard be using?

Both while leveling, and when reaching 50?

My Bard is 26 at the moment, and I can get a greater planar essence from the rare planar goods vendor in Granite Falls.

New to playing a Bard, so I'm not sure what kind of essence I want to be using.

1) Healing spells have a chance to heal for ...
    2) Physical attack abilities have a chance of dealing an additional ...
    3) Damaging spells have a chance to inflict an additional ...

Thoughts?

I use heals have a chance to heal for x over y seconds and heal have a chance to create an absorb shield
    Even free cost too much now

When you get close to 50, you'll be buying:

Crystal Vine and Frozen-Deep-One-Tear

Shields > HoT's

Here you go..
    As a long time bard (since beta) and end game content raid bard as well as pvp bard, I have 3 cores for barding.

So now it depends on what you need of it:
    For pure + healing a strait up melee dps core with no graters, all ap stacked. (raid is short healing but does not require mana from VoJ, works well with Burnbard)

For raid wide mitigation help use the +shielding on heal proc ones like Hailstone Tideshard.

For raid buffing a core with the two sourcestone greater essences that add +30ap/sp and +35AP/SP on heal proc.

I also couple this with trinkets, Conq pvp trink for pure ap healing, Token of warding for mitigation barding, and Musical tide or similar trinkets for raid wide buffing.

Note: raid buffing essences and trinkets used by a bard put the entire raid in combat when procced for some odd reason.. which can be a nuissance when the raid is attempting to eat, prebuff, rez dead.

Plane Touched

i use the two with attack power ur a bard not a healer, thats what i play bard for to push the damage. if they both stack is +90 attack power.

ofc u can heal if u use ur CD but i like the extra damage.

Plane Touched

for pvp get the frozen deepone tear and a hailstone tideshard. Use the sacred heirloom of eth (shoe) as your trinket.
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

you get more "healing" from a bard stacking an +ap trink than you would with shoe, any shoe.. as it has a limit on who it heals when it procs and for how much.. whereas +ap increases ALL the healing you do (issue with CQ is that a bard CANNOT heal people in the same faction that are not in the same raid..since we do lack targeted healing)

still annoyed that most of the bard healing is aimed at healing only 5 people, where 5m content doesn't need a bard.. but cant heal 10 much at all let alone 20..
    Last edited by Mirimon; 07-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Mimiron knows his stuff. Listen to him.
    Nope.

Plane Touched

If you battlebard in pvp then stacking ap is pretty much useless as you will be in guardian phase.

the shoe is not effected by guardian phase.
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

If I'm expecting to be using CoR for a lot of my "actual" healing, as is often the case in PvE, I'll opt for an AP trinket.

If I'm expecting a lot of random damage that I'll be looking to heal/mitigate via procs and not reliably via CoR (i.e. PvP), I'll use ToW (and SHoE when I eventually get the damn thing, worst RNG luck ever).

I run two shielding greaters in my PvE and PvP sigils.
    Last edited by Kyera; 07-16-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by yayoh View Post
    If you battlebard in pvp then stacking ap is pretty much useless as you will be in guardian phase.

the shoe is not effected by guardian phase.
    stance phases in rift stalker effect only damage done.. not ap, being in guardian phase would only reduce healing from invigorated soul, via cadence.. (reducing cadence dmg=reduction in healing from cadence), being in stalker phase will increase cadence and thus cadence healing via invig soul (but not enough to matter compaired to other healing builds)).

yes, shoe heals are not reduced by guardian phase.. but they also do not increase or decrease based on your ap as is the case with CoR.. Guardian phase does not reduce the effectiveness of Coda of Restoration as it does no damage and requires no damage to function.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 07-17-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Plane Touched

i was unaware that stacking ap made your CoR heal for more.
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

indeed, There is a thread "barding for 1.8 live" which has some very well tested data, showing what specs heal for how much (the thread is focused on getting the most healing from bard, primarily, though other answers may be found here).

For bards, +dps= higher cadence healing via invig soul, where as higher AP effects other healing more like CoR.

as will be said in the above thread, barding, as far as healing goes.. sits on a fence where specs are concerned, but no matter the spec, +dps=+cadence heal, +ap=+CoR heal.. this simple difference is also part of the cause for bards having to spec the way they do, (unless having to spec for specific raid mechanics).

Shield trinket is Kushi’s Petrified Detonator ofcourse

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

+ Reply to Thread