+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reaper's Rifle is not accounting for PA

Soulwalker

Default Reaper's Rifle is not accounting for PA

After lots of parsing... I have come to the conclusion that Reaper's Rifle is not taking PA into account. I was disturbed when I first bought the rifle and it parsed near identical to the Undertow Rifle. So I decided to try to figure out why. The proc on the undertow was doing less than 1% of my dps so I did not thing that alone could make up for the addition 4.2 straight dps on the reapers. I decided to spend the 100 plat and wipe out my PA entirely. I then reparsed both guns and came up with the Reapers doing 100ish more dps. I used 5 minute parses on both. Can anyone else tell me if they are having the same issue PLEASE.

The difference in stats to change out the Undertow for the Reapers is:

DPS +4.2
    Dex -8
    AP +2
    Crit +20
    Hit -12 (not the issue I have 430 hit with the Reapers)
    End +18
    Valor +43
    Veng +15

Quote Originally Posted by Stakedriver View Post
    After lots of parsing... I have come to the conclusion that Reaper's Rifle is not taking PA into account. I was disturbed when I first bought the rifle and it parsed near identical to the Undertow Rifle. So I decided to try to figure out why. The proc on the undertow was doing less than 1% of my dps so I did not thing that alone could make up for the addition 4.2 straight dps on the reapers. I decided to spend the 100 plat and wipe out my PA entirely. I then reparsed both guns and came up with the Reapers doing 100ish more dps. I used 5 minute parses on both. Can anyone else tell me if they are having the same issue PLEASE.

DPS +4.2
    Dex -8
    AP +2
    Crit +20
    End +18
    Valor +43
    Veng +15
    This would definitely explain some things...bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    This would definitely explain some things...bump.
    I wonder if this is happening with other weapons as well. I noticed our warriors parsing about 200 lower than usual on ituziel with PvP weapons.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Ascendant

My PvP weapon seems to be functioning fine, the AP difference is ~2-3 and the change in crit. If it helps any, I'm using the Guardian PvP rifle.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    My PvP weapon seems to be functioning fine, the AP difference is ~2-3 and the change in crit. If it helps any, I'm using the Guardian PvP rifle.
    What is your change in dps between the two guns?

Save yourself the plat and copy to pts next time you test something like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Save yourself the plat and copy to pts next time you test something like this!
    Where were you to suggest that before I spent it?

DPS +4.2
    Dex -8
    AP +2
    Crit +20
    End +18
    Valor +43
    Veng +15
    Feature or Bug?
    Going to be a whole lot of angst if that is the intended behavior and a whole lot less people in Conquest

Sword of Telara

Heh, probably working as intended. IE, some behind the scenes nerf to pvp weapons in pve to keep the raiders happy.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

just tested with mine and it hits the dummy harder than my undertow about 30-40 dmg per swift shot

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Er.. using super/simple meter to check dps isn't really a good way to determine the problem.

You should be using ACT and comparing the skill's max damage of undertow rifle vs reaper rifle.

Also pretty sure it is working fine at the moment.

Ascendant

What is your change in dps between the two guns?
    I haven't done an actual parse comparison between Undertow and my PvP weapon, but just using the various skills and checking the crit damage to compare the two was enough to show me that I would get a gain in using the PvP weapon.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread