+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaUnicorn
  • 1 Post By Zyzyx

Thread: Any plans on fixing Rift Stalkers in White Fall?

Rift Disciple

Default Any plans on fixing Rift Stalkers in White Fall?

I feel like the Riftstalker is severely gimped in White Fall because of our inability to trigger Planar Vortex, or Rift Guard. Additionally, I also rely on Shadow Blitz/Assault for fast combo points, and burst damage.

I can understand why they removed our mobility, but is there any plan on giving us a way to still trigger our Rift Guard? Allowing Shadow Blitz/Assault to work in melee range, or for shadow shift/walk to apply planar vortex and rift guard without teleporting us would not be game breaking.

I can't think of any other role for the Rift Stalker other than flag carrying, and right now I feel pretty useless without being able to use most of my critical abilities, and mitigation buffs.

Rift Disciple

Now all we need is a way to put Rift Guard up while being kited by ranged, a way to trigger planar vortex, and another combo generator / burst damage to make up for losing our only burst functions. When I'm not carrying a flag I regularly use Shadow Blitz, and Shadow Assault back to back, then use the combo points to throw out an annihilation - effectively dropping a target from 50% health to 0%. Taking these away really does gimp the Rift Stalker class.
    Last edited by AlphaUnicorn; 07-01-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Totally makes sense, something we could trigger without need to melee a target got nerfed because they wanted RS's to be slow in whitefall. It's a bad foresight by proxy nerf. Having a 50% absorb shield has nothing to do with moving fast, it's just triggered by what did. All of the port abilities should just not port but trigger everything they would have. Not only is it Rift guard. But it is also things like snare/root breaks. RS's spec into a talent to get that. That is nerfed too. CC breaks and tank abilities were not the intended nerf of whitefall. But with a broad and sloppy implementation too many by proxy nerfs were created that had nothing to do with the ability to port or move fast in concept, again, just triggered by such. Guarded Steel doesn't begin to even near solve this.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

If only there was some sort of feedback letting the devs know about these massive problems before whitefall got broken by some dev...

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUnicorn View Post
    Now all we need is a way to put Rift Guard up while being kited by ranged, a way to trigger planar vortex, and another combo generator / burst damage to make up for losing our only burst functions.
    I find it funny how rogues go into a tank soul to improve their burst DPS.
    Shenanigans.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Shenanigans.
    Some clerics go into a tank soul for healing, some warriors go into a tank soul to be tankier than rogues, and some mages go into a tank soul in their dreams.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Shenanigans.
    No one said I went into tank mode for DPS, but rather that by cutting out the core components of our class you essentially gimp what little DPS we had. They didn't just nerf our mobility, they nerfed our ability to perform our basic role as a tank, and they nerfed our only burst damage skills. Any class is going to be in a bad spot if you cut out the core mechanics of their class without compensation. And if you don't know why someone would choose to play a tank on a flag-carrying map, then I can't help you.
    Last edited by AlphaUnicorn; 07-03-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Ascendant

trion just went the easy way here. making ANYTHING related to moving fast not work anymore. even the globes they put in the map themselve!

someone would call it lazy prbly ...

Done right it should only disable the non damage ports not needing an enemy or friendly and the speedups after a port. Most of the strategy is now gone in whitefall cause of baddies complaining all day ...

It was intentional, obviously. :/

It's exactly the same reason why nobody can pickup the speed pickups when carrying the stone. :/

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Trion intentionally broke rogues in Whitefall. Apparently they want even games to be boring slogfests which go to the time limit every time.

I remember when Whitefall used to be an exciting and fast-paced good time. In fact, I made a video of it, way back when.

The Good Old Days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r54dl7apQqw

Ascendant

RIP forever....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

+ Reply to Thread