+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elite soloing build without uber gear and crystal

Telaran

Default Elite soloing build without uber gear and crystal

What build would you recommend for soloing elites for group quests? I use the aoe solo build from the rogue bible most of the time and love it but get destroyed by elites since I cant get a RS heal from combo points off them since I cant kill them
    My gear is a couple of pieces of the deathbringer crafted with some mix of gsb and expert gear

Are you using leeching poison / meditative trance?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Telaran

Yes and also switching to guardian phase for the elites as well.
    Normal elites that are always around in shimmer dont seem to be a huge problem. The ones I have problems with are the bosses at stage 6 of closing the rifts for the group quests

Quote Originally Posted by mythikal View Post
    Yes and also switching to guardian phase for the elites as well.
    Normal elites that are always around in shimmer dont seem to be a huge problem. The ones I have problems with are the bosses at stage 6 of closing the rifts for the group quests
    Sometimes they have mechanics, things you need to interrupt items on the ground you need to click etc. Try putting on some toughness gear, pulling in low level mobs to kill for rift scavenger heals, or clicking the power ups.

You could also bring a friend. It might just be a gear issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Sword of Telara

You can also try Bard/Sab.

Skill into Bard far enough to get the spammable single target Mez. Make sure you don't spec into giving the bleed to Blast Charges in Sab.

It takes a bit, and is super cheesy, but you can Mez a single target, load five charges and Detonate, and repeat until the target is dead. Make sure you third soul isn't Ranger or Marksman, because you won't want autoattacks from range. Nightblade would be a good one for added damage. If done correctly you can solo extremely tough targets with zero damage taken.

Of course it only works for enemies who aren't immune to mez.

Telaran

Pink that sounds pretty interesting.. I have never played a bard or sab at all. I do have a bard build but just to switch to for rezzing. Can you give me a good idea what build set up to go with to try that out?
    I love to try out different builds anyway

You can probably still use RS/Sin/BD, just with a little bit of a different focus. Slower, trying to engage targets 1 at a time. Load EW from stealth, then open with paralyzing strike and spec up foul play. Use stalker phase and the cloak and dagger bonus to burn as much as possible in that time. Have Side Steps/your interrupt ready as appropriate.

It's certainly not chain pulling elites while you just let Planar Vortex whittle them down and self-healing, but it should get elites dead.

Sword of Telara

Pink that sounds pretty interesting.. I have never played a bard or sab at all. I do have a bard build but just to switch to for rezzing. Can you give me a good idea what build set up to go with to try that out?
    I love to try out different builds anyway
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...McVV00z.0Vz.-7

Something like this should work.

Remember: Load Blast Charges -> Detonate -> Verse of Captivation -> Repeat
    You will run out of energy, so there will be periodic: VoC -> wait -> VoC

Use no other charges than Blast, stay at range so you don't autoattack and break the mez. If you take damage: VoC->Motif of Regeneration->Mez

What build would you recommend for soloing elites for group quests? I use the aoe solo build from the rogue bible most of the time and love it but get destroyed by elites since I cant get a RS heal from combo points off them since I cant kill them
    My gear is a couple of pieces of the deathbringer crafted with some mix of gsb and expert gear
    i use this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dbM.VIxIuRz.-7 i use this for ember isle mobs and can have no trouble ending a fight with full health. i use a dps sigil (str/dex/ap) and mostly dps items (except for my tank shoulders and chest). it has perma stealth so have fun sneaking past mobs you dont want to fight, pulls almost as much dps st as my blinkblade spec, but its main limitation is no aoe at all

There are a lot of variants on sin/bd/rs. I just posted in the guide section with mine:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...acks-solo.html

Hope it helps, and good luck!
    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

+ Reply to Thread