+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spec for Conquest

Default Spec for Conquest

What spec do you use and why?

Do you use PvP or PvE equip?

I use t5 pve equip and play normal ranger for all the extractors and I don't run with the zerg buty tap solo.

I changed to a different spec. I use 44 MM / 6 Ranger / 16 RS now for mor utility and survivalbility

I am starting to by PvP equip now. It is really fun.
    I started with the necklace. Andy order I should buy equip?

Plane Touched

There's really no reason not to just use a MM variant. Unless you're opposed to mass amounts of favor/xp/prestiege you're going to follow your team to a camp spot. from there you just need Fan out with +5 range and vamp munitions.

spam buttons then talk about how the journey to P50 was full of thrilling battles and epic showdowns. /sarcasm
    ~*Yayoh *~ - Derpwood.

Champion

40mm/26rs is prob the best suited for zerg surfing and fan out tagging but just about any mm spec with phase shift will do.

... Sab.
    I don't know why a Rogue would ever play anything else in Conquest. Unless you're running solo or something, then MM/RS is good I guess?

Edit: Yeah, you said you avoid zergs, so I'd run a RS variant of either MM, NB, or Sin. All depends on your playstyle.
    Last edited by Zaros; 07-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    ~Quiescent

I actually run with a MM/Rng/Rs spec based around 51/10/5. I also always stick with my raid. My job is to purge/silence and supress the enemy at range. Since the fields are so open the melee is going to be charging and with all the other MM and ranger builds bringing attention to themselves with fanout spam
    I give up straight up surviveability to have the dps to take down certain targets at range...targets explained below.

I can pretty much pick the most important targets at will and deal with them. I look for the guy with a SHOE proc going off, playing a musical instrument, green or blue rain focused around them etc and I silence, purge and just snipe them into next week. Oh btw purge those guys spamming fan out. If they are spaming fan out they will not often take notice that their munitions buffs are gone and that can be huge.

If i get found out I have retreat, a sprint, the base MM attack run speed boosts and a blink to get the f out of dodge. Usually so I am out of range and they need to go through 5 raging Riftblades to get at me.

And no I am not running away like a little girl...it's called a tactical retreat ;-)

Note if you are more of a lone wolf and about maximizing personal kills this build is not for you. It is for the person that likes being a traditional sniper, read: its not how many targets you kill but the imprtance of the target that matters.
    Last edited by Galibier; 07-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Rift Master

i use the classic and super noob spec NB/RS for leading raids, toggle gaurdian phase and stalker phase, its got the cooldowns for u too be able too get right in the thick of it and lead....

MM spec i use is 51/15/0 mm/rs/bd
    Pure Class

Harshmallows

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    ... Sab.
    I don't know why a Rogue would ever play anything else in Conquest. Unless you're running solo or something, then MM/RS is good I guess?

Edit: Yeah, you said you avoid zergs, so I'd run a RS variant of either MM, NB, or Sin. All depends on your playstyle.
    I did try a few matches playing Sab and found that, at least in my wargroup, it was awfully hit and miss. Opposing players were more often than not focus fired down in Raid+ vs Raid+ scenarios and there simply wasn't time to get off any decent build up. Granted you have the "burst" CDs, but that's every 30 seconds with a lot of time to fill up in between.

Maybe things will settle down a bit in a few weeks once players have a better feel for Conquest, but at the moment I'm finding the various MM builds more useful. Your mileage will vary of course...
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Plane Touched

bard/rs build if your raid sticks together gave the best chances at obtaining the most tags.

40bard/16nb/10mm (for range increase, not +dam), spam buffs + motifs, fell blades to siphon healing AND it's a full-blown bard.

Fun as hell.
    Last edited by Rounded; 07-06-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Champion

I like that bard spec. I assume you maintain motifs and spam fan out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    40bard/16nb/10mm (for range increase, not +dam), spam buffs + motifs, fell blades to siphon healing AND it's a full-blown bard.

Fun as hell.
    Wow that's a good idea
    ~Quiescent

I'm always a big fan of this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dR.E00VV00o.-7

44mm/21bard/0rs +1 (coda of restoration if you want)

Pros:
    1. Eradicate
    2. In-combat 20% runspeed
    3. The best of the bard motifs.
    4. Fully functional marksman spec with VM/EM.
    5. The best bard stat buff (52 END).

Cons:
    1. Squishy compared to other specs (rs)
    2. Low damage compared to other specs (no silver tip)
    3. Missing a lot of bard stuff like Resonance, the Wis/Int Buff and the CC.

I usually run 44 MM/22 RS in raids because it's useful enough to picking off players on the perimeter. If I was playing dedicated I'd probably roll a 44 MM/22 Bard spec instead (for the second Anthem). Sometimes I run the 34 Bard/32 RS, sometimes I run 33 NB/33 Sin (if solo). I go back to the 44/22 when duoing.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

44/22 MM/RS and sometimes 51 Sab.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

+ Reply to Thread