+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Rogue and Rift!

Soulwalker

Default New to Rogue and Rift!

Hi All!

My name is Gippa and I am rather new to Rift, I have been playing for about a month now. I must say I have not had this much fun in a game in some time. I played FF11 for about 10 yrs, most of the time on Ranger. So I wanted to do a MM build. I am 43 right now and just have questions on builds and how I can improve.

Q1: I have looked into the forums and have read the "bible" as it were. and I came across this build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...udR.VMz.0VM.-6

now from a pure DPS standpoint, why would you not put points into Improved Final Blow? I understand I would have to pull points out of ranger to do this.

I just feel that if I was in PVE situation this would be good for Bull's Eye + Headshot. Maybe I am over thinking this?

Q2: I have been doing a good amount of PVP and have a decent amount of favor. Is the lv50 armor set that is now offered by Girdoom my best option once I ding 50? I ask because I had read somewhere that I should just save all my Planarite and get that LV50 set. But I cannot find info on that set XD

Sorry if my questions seem rather silly, but I just wante to make sure I am heading in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance

~Gip

"Final blow" is actually a finisher in the Assassin tree which requires you to be in melee to perform it. Also, as you have all your talents in MM, it would be not the best idea to be using melee finishers.

You can see all the related skills and attacks which are used with one soul tree at the root of the tree, final blow is one of the first skills you receive as an assassin.

Soulwalker

Oh Geez! sorry I didnt even pick up on that. Thank you for pointing that out Rounded. glad I didnt make that mistake!

Welcome! I also spent a very long time in ffxi. I'm going to answer this in ffxi terminology because I think it will make more sense to you. Also: pup ftw.

MM is valued because it has a dispel (insticast with zero recast) and interrupt (spell only insticast stun with an eight second recast). It also has great kiting. rdm/blm with no enfeebs. Common in warfront pvp, and useful in pve situations where the ranger pet is going to die constantly.

If you're looking for the all out pve dps, may I suggest rng51/mm15/sin0? It has that "made of pure damage" playstyle that rng/war has. You will want to hang on to your rift rewards to purchase the Ranger Greater Planar Essence if you go this route.

I do about 50% more damage on ranger than marksman. It's just not even close. When you get down to it, MM is a utility job. Fun, and useful, but not the dps spec of choice.
    Last edited by Carear; 06-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

+ Reply to Thread