+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with Solo Rogue Build

Default Help with Solo Rogue Build

I just want to start off with my style of play.

I am a part time player maybe 5 hours a week and because of this am usually forced to play solo. I am on a pvp server for realism but do no want to seek out pvp fights. I enjoy the collecting aspect of the game as well as the trade skills. I am very happy to just do quests or just go on foraging trips to craft new items or sell on the auction house.

I am looking for a build that will let me run solo 90% of the time, keeping me alive while I look for rare things to collect and forage and questiong. I am only lvl 8 and using the games suggested marksman build. It seemed that having a pet to tank with and shooting from long range was a good way to go but want to make sure.

Any suggestions are welcome.

that is a good way to go for solo keep you pettank alive and you do fine.
    you can think of changin Assassin(your 3rd soul in this spec) with Bard to give you some healing skills
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Plane Touched

Pets are great for a diversion while you collect from nodes so the ranger class just may be your best of both worlds!

Rift Disciple

When I first started my rogue I used Ranger as a way of having my pet tank and act as a distraction as and when I need him to. It worked a treat and is a great way to level early on.

However, when I got high enough to put enough points into an Assassin build I found this much better and cruised through the final 15 levels or so. Basically the perma-stealth with faster movement, reasonable self-heals from Leeching Poison and Enduring Brew were literally life savers, especially on a PvP server

At the moment though, join the Instant Adventures and level that way - the XP and cash on offer is great and get yourself a few souls to choose from....a nice RS+BD spec for survivability and self healing is great for soloing high level rifts as well as chronicles once you hit 50 to help gear up.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Magrothen View Post
    when I got high enough to put enough points into an Assassin build I found this much better and cruised through the final 15 levels or so. Basically the perma-stealth with faster movement, reasonable self-heals from Leeching Poison and Enduring Brew were literally life savers, especially on a PvP server
    This is what I would advise, too. Aim for 31 points in Assassin, with improving poisons and stealth as key features. Slip Away is one of the most powerful "panic buttons" in the game. Assassin damage focuses on bleeds and attacking from behind, though, which is less than ideal for solo play. I would suggest pairing it up with Bladedancer, which brings some very nice utility (e.g. an interrupt) and both offensive and defensive cooldowns, besides having more straightforward damaging abilities.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

click sig~!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread