+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 ID pieces Crit Cap issue

Shadowlander

Default 2 ID pieces Crit Cap issue

Sup everyone I have the id legs and gloves. It seems much harder to make it over crit cap in raid. I end up right at around 1207 or so.

It seems id gear has more attack power but less physical crit. I have all rotp and hk bis gear otherwise. Does the weapons in ID make up for that?

It seems that if I had a full id set I'd be way under 1050 crit needed before raid buffs?

Ascendant

Actually it's 1043 crit rating before buffs, well, actually a bit less since you should factor in the bard resonance buff too, which is 5% of your dex (not counting dex from PA or other buffs).
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Actually it's 1043 crit rating before buffs, well, actually a bit less since you should factor in the bard resonance buff too, which is 5% of your dex (not counting dex from PA or other buffs).
    Yea I've seen the spreadsheet but anyone have anything on my original question? Really what I want to know is how people are dealing with the lower crit from ID gear?

Rift Disciple

Oops, wrong thread - ignore me.
    Last edited by wraithh; 06-28-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Keep in mind that ID gear has higher str/dex on it, which helps to counteract the loss of direct crit rating.

More importantly, you'll be using earth/fire resist cores for most of ID, and those essences have crit on them.

I'm ignoring crit and stacking AP. Most builds are at least 1ap > 2crit before crit cap. I wouldn't be concerned about staying at the cap.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Keep in mind that ID gear has higher str/dex on it, which helps to counteract the loss of direct crit rating.

More importantly, you'll be using earth/fire resist cores for most of ID, and those essences have crit on them.
    True my fire sigil has a ton of crit on it. Just use that from now on lol.

I'll see where things go on my third piece and such.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laceracius View Post
    Sup everyone I have the id legs and gloves. It seems much harder to make it over crit cap in raid. I end up right at around 1207 or so.

It seems id gear has more attack power but less physical crit. I have all rotp and hk bis gear otherwise. Does the weapons in ID make up for that?

It seems that if I had a full id set I'd be way under 1050 crit needed before raid buffs?
    Haven't had an issue, so far beyond crit cap raid buffed still, it isn't funny

5/7 relic armor pieces, other two are mark bought pieces. Everything else I'm wearing is from ID except the neck piece and the GI.

At THAT point, if I used a BiS AP core, I would be under crit soft cap if I weren't in a 20 man raid with all the buffs rolling.

I sometimes just leave on my fire core for 5/10 mans, else I'd be way under crit cap.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

At THAT point, if I used a BiS AP core, I would be under crit soft cap if I weren't in a 20 man raid with all the buffs rolling.
    But you ARE in a 20man raid, so where's the problem?

Crit cap is like the speed limit... Its not a number you NEED to reach is a number you should NOT pass on purpose.

Remove the blinders and try to think on your own instead of following the magical number. "Trion I got 55 more AP but lost a lot of crit waaaa". Getting a lot of AP while going below the crit cap is not < necessarily > bad. The game doesnt break if you go below 1187. If It was hit rating and you were in a purge/interrupt duty... yes it could be a problem but gaining 20ap for 30 crit is GOOD even if below the crit cap.

That number became important so people would NOT go over it. So rogues/mages knew when to change for previously considered non optimal enchants/lessers.

One more time to make sure people got it... The statement wasn't "You must be at 1187 crit rating", It was, "IF you reach 1187 crit, it becomes weaker and you should force AP itemization."

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    5/7 relic armor pieces, other two are mark bought pieces. Everything else I'm wearing is from ID except the neck piece and the GI.

I sometimes just leave on my fire core for 5/10 mans, else I'd be way under crit cap.
    Sounds like dps loss city, the ap is still better than crit even under cap

I wish I could get below the crit cap...

I'm still wearing warrior items from HK (neck, bow, off-hand) and crit cap isn't an issue with left side having 5/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    But you ARE in a 20man raid, so where's the problem?
    When did I say there was a problem?

Just pointing out that there was some potential merit to the people who say they're falling below crit cap with ID gear.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast