+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Laethys Tips

Rift Disciple

Default Rogue Laethys Tips

With the splitting of dark phoenix do to many a reason as well as some all guilds will, are, or have experienced I decided to put out some rogue tips on Laethys since there is no point keeping this information from the masses seeing as the top rogues already know this information after the rogues in DP told them.

First, let's start with diffuse and pets in Laethys p1 that's 51rng/15mm/0sin the 1 and only ranger specc for those that may think otherwise.

Those on Laethys know of The Seer add when dead gives a 22sec buff to make you immune to dmg from the other adds golden hoard ....turns out diffuse is a rogues "seer buff" which can be used ever min. On top of that pets take no dmg from golden hoard.

So the idea of the diffuse strat is to allow you the option to kill the 1st greed elemental to reduce aoe/energy/gift rng before storm hits as long as your raid dps and dps on Laethys doesn't suffer ideally the check on Laethys is 88%-89% before 1st set of adds and 68% before 2nd set of adds or you will get a 3rd set of adds as you transition into p2 which means your gonna hit enrage later on do to the only viable p2 strat dealing with orbs or wipe ..... Dying and battle rezing more than 3-4 sets of orbs on p2 you will likely enrage in p3 you get that far victory so close you can lick the gold.

Best way to use diffuse is to have it in a macro ....

Macro

Cast diffuse
    Target greed
    Petattack

Of course you have standard combo macros with and without pets commands

Finish rotation on Laethys til cleric tank gathers the adds then use macro to switch to greed and use 9 GCDs of either trick shot x5 + concussive + 3-4 trick or the preferred standard combo builder + concussive + builder and back to Laethys ..... 1 ranger can drop 10-15% on adds with trick or 20% on greed before diffuse is up

Other rogue speccs are the sinstalker variants 38sin/20rs/8mm which is common but the more orb friendly variant is 38sin/18bd/10mm pulls similar to above but no blinks and option to use twin strike rotation with seer buff to help warriors so rangers can single target and don't need a sabo with the right raid comp

Of course sabo is good if short a 51champ warrior but sabo single target is more than MM and less than Ranger so keep that in mind when building raid for dps check

Another tip pretty well known already actually is cleanse soul used in p2 to be immune to orb dmg just before it hits saves healers a GCD and a brez

Q/A. Go.
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

You are losing dps on laethys when you have rangers switch to greed elementals.

Just go sab.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post

Just go sab.
    This 10x

How close is the 38/BD version pulling compared to other? Give me some numbers

I raid only 1 hour per week!

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrj View Post
    This 10x

How close is the 38/BD version pulling compared to other? Give me some numbers
    Its close. I'm not sure exactly how much less.

Con - less dps
    Pro - No blinking, can help aoe

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_V_..Vi0V0o.-6
    or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_V_..Vi0h0R.-6

for the 18 in bd though?
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 06-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Im pulling about 3,900 with 51 Sin by the end of phase 1 with a relic dagger.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Uhm, i can say i on average pull about 4.4k + at end of PH1 without using any AOE except lucky SB's. But thats with 38, no way 51 will pull over 38.

Yeah, i meant with the 38 Sin / 18 BD. Not sure what version he meant thou if with 3/3 DS or 5/5 Dex.
    Last edited by Skarrij; 06-27-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Uhm, i can say i on average pull about 4.4k + at end of PH1 without using any AOE except lucky SB's. But thats with 38, no way 51 will pull over 38.

Yeah, i meant with the 38 Sin / 18 BD. Not sure what version he meant thou if with 3/3 DS or 5/5 Dex.
    I dont see gow 18 bd beats 51 sin variant
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    I dont see gow 18 bd beats 51 sin variant
    Me either, thats why i was asking. Cause i have tried 51 sin and it was nowhere close to what i pulled as 38. I have not tried the BD.

Me either, thats why i was asking. Cause i have tried 51 sin and it was nowhere close to what i pulled as 38. I have not tried the BD.
    51 did 100 less dps than 38 on the dummy when i tested it
    Just Waiting...

Rift Disciple

Just go sab.
    Sab is bad 500ST dmg less than a ranger that's worse dps loss on Laethys than switching to greed for 10sec leaving pet til it dies and the keeping pet on boss til p2 after

On top of that you would only run a sab if you didn't have enough warriors 3-4 1 is BM others 51champ for CB destruction only 1 ranger would switch to seer possible 2 if it's slow other rangers or sin would stay on boss

Pets and a warriors blade fury can finish a greed at 10% on there own and before 2nd set comes out while boss is at 68% or less

In regards to the Sin/bd variant it's ST is 4k at the end of p1 with AE rotation optional it's just shy of 5k AE with (twinx3 + compound)x3-4 when I ran this specc I ideally only did 1-2 twin rotations to maintain more single on boss

In short it pulls the same ST as 51sin w/ AE options but more ST than sabo but would end up 1.5k less AE than sab cuz a solid sabo will end p1 at 6.5k if not more cuz all that burst AE

To add dps is a part of Laethys but the heals/support/tanks make or break you before dps is a concern of course our heals/support broke us doesn't matter if you have raids best dps core if you can't live thru stuff

A solid rangers ST will be 4.4k thru out p1 with timed concussive blasts and now especially with razor lash a 360 ability rangers will end at 4.8k+ in short better than a sinstalker minus rng and if targeted by orb in p2 can go immune with cleanse soul and save GCD for heals and brez if range
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    51 did 100 less dps than 38 on the dummy when i tested it

Have we not learned a dummy is not a raid environment scaling will always out do dummies can't trust any dummy parses for any specc
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

Rift Disciple

Its close. I'm not sure exactly how much less.

Con - less dps
    Pro - No blinking, can help aoe

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_V_..Vi0V0o.-6
    or
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_V_..Vi0h0R.-6

for the 18 in bd though?
    neither of those

this 1 ideally for AE option i prefered to use

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_V_..VV0G0R.-6

or possibly

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_V_..VV0V0R.-6

could pull slighting more single target but not to much of a noticable difference
    Last edited by Shifterz; 06-27-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterz View Post
    Have we not learned a dummy is not a raid environment scaling will always out do dummies can't trust any dummy parses for any specc
    Best place to start to get an idea.
    Just Waiting...

Your prob right, what i tried with was 3-4 tries with complete ph1 comparison. It wasn't close enough for me.

My average at the end of P1 is 4200 with 51 sin all ST. High is about 4400 but that was outside the norm.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast