+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Master Archer is there now a point?

Default Master Archer is there now a point?

Okay now even when standing still MM is behind all other dps specs due to changes 1.7 and foreward. As such is there REALLY any logical reason whatsoever for Master Archer to require MM to remain stationary for the buff? I could see the logic (though disagree) that there needed to be a trade off when the build was top of the pops with fair utility. Now it is not top of the pops by any means whatsoever AND it is not a utility soul. You can get almost = or definitely = utility with some other dps builds (Druid, Inquis and Sabo come to mind) so really this seems to be a limitation that no longer has a logical purpose.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Okay now even when standing still MM is behind all other dps specs due to changes 1.7 and foreward. As such is there REALLY any logical reason whatsoever for Master Archer to require MM to remain stationary for the buff? I could see the logic (though disagree) that there needed to be a trade off when the build was top of the pops with fair utility. Now it is not top of the pops by any means whatsoever AND it is not a utility soul. You can get almost = or definitely = utility with some other dps builds (Druid, Inquis and Sabo come to mind) so really this seems to be a limitation that no longer has a logical purpose.
    PvP, thats why.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

They should lower the CD on Eradicate.
    ~Quiescent

Druids are dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Druids are dps?
    they are higher than MM
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Druids are dps?
    They do clearly higher damage than MM and there are some fights where I have seen a Druid beat 51 Inquisitor, Jolt of course beats em all on the right fight (ST of course).

As for Erradicate, sorry, I get the fact that people are annoyed by it's spammability. That would be the ONLY possible PvP concern. However as it generates no combo points it can not directly contribute to dps so I don't see what the issue is.

Basically it seems that people want to kick a soul in the nuts because it has the best purge in the game, and that purge is a SOB in PvP, NOT because having that purge actually makes it OP. Even if they removed the stationary requirement MM would still be what was considered in EQ2 t2 dps, boardering on t3 arguably (T1 dps being top of the pops Assassin, Wizard, well played rangers etc.). Basically if the soul when stationary is now hundreds lower than any other dps spec why in the world can't it have that same hundreds lower dps when moving? Sorry but one purge does not justify what is essentially double tap to their dps due to recent buffs to others imo.

If they gave erradicate a coold down that would be fine with me, I just don't think now it is necessary the way it was say in 1.5 due to the state of the game then.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-26-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    They do clearly higher damage than MM and there are some fights where I have seen a Druid beat 51 Inquisitor, Jolt of course beats em all on the right fight (ST of course).

As for Erradicate, sorry, I get the fact that people are annoyed by it's spammability. That would be the ONLY possible PvP concern. However as it generates no combo points it can not directly contribute to dps so I don't see what the issue is.

Basically it seems that people want to kick a soul in the nuts because it has the best purge in the game, and that purge is a SOB in PvP, NOT because having that purge actually makes it OP. Even if they removed the stationary requirement MM would still be what was considered in EQ2 t2 dps, boardering on t3 arguably (T1 dps being top of the pops Assassin, Wizard, well played rangers etc.).
    Yeah, it's supposed to be the kiting soul anyway. I think the master archer mechanic is a horrible idea, and it really wouldn't effect MM in PvP for the most part anyway.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Yeah, it's supposed to be the kiting soul anyway. I think the master archer mechanic is a horrible idea, and it really wouldn't effect MM in PvP for the most part anyway.
    I would lol if they made Master archer not reduce damage while moving.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    I would lol if they made Master archer not reduce damage while moving.
    WTB 1.3 pedestals
    ~Quiescent

WTB 1.3 pedestals
    mmmhmmm, there is a bit of skill to stand still for split seconds to get off abilities with master archer active though while kiting.
    Just Waiting...

They should lower the CD on Eradicate.
    I just sprayed soda all over my screen. :/

Agreed. It never made much sense, and even less so since damage hasn't scaled well against valor. NB does arguably better "ranged" damage than the primary ranged soul. Take this away or add more +50% air damage to abilities.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 06-27-2012 at 05:02 AM.

I think the idea behind master archer is a good one as it rewards smart play. I don't like niche mechanics being removed when number tweaking can solve viability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I think the idea behind master archer is a good one as it rewards smart play. I don't like niche mechanics being removed when number tweaking can solve viability issues.
    I agree, but Hit and Run, even pedestals were better mechanics for a ranged class. Master Archer is just clunky.

I liked the pedatsles ... i thought that was a neat mechanic.

Commander of The Watch (http://thewatch.enjin.com)
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness". Terry Pratchett

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast