+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: pvp question regarding build nb 38/28 RS ( serious Question! for experts only)

Telaran

Default pvp question regarding build nb 38/28 RS ( serious Question! for experts only)

hi guys took me sometime to make this post so plz replay to it with all serious you got i really need answer
    so my big delima is how should 28 Rs soul look like. we all know that ppl who play 38/28 build are not those who seek insane dps in game it all known that this build is to hussle and annoy healers/mages and kill them if possible. so my question is
    this is my build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VckcuRdRoo.-6 ( i run guradian stance always )
    Questions

1. Does smoldring blades overroll better then melted skin 2/2 + hellfire blades?
    2.does unstable state effect all nb skills (death+Fire) ?
    3.what is more importand great fortutide or shadow guard ?
    4. does improved gurdian really needed ?
    5. how can i improve my build that i use 38/28 , what u think i should switch bettwen ?
    my mainly goal only use gurdian phase !.

p.s my Gear is full r36 and i am R40 my self. smth like 1270 valor +-

Experts only, lol.

1. You go 1/2 Melted Skin and run Hellfire BLades.
    2. Yes.
    3. Great Fortitude.
    4. No. You don't have enough in Riftstalker to really see a big benefit, and you should be in Stalker most of the time at your rank anyway. If you insist on running Guardian, then yes, take it + Improved RG, at the cost of points in Great Fortitude.
    5. For your purposes, try something like this.
    Last edited by Kyera; 06-25-2012 at 04:53 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Telaran

how is that improvment if u took out 30% incrase dmg for my proc hellblades
    and u took out 6% overroll dmg by removing fire and death ..
    not mention if i use gurdian phase and it incrase my resists and ofc i will need the 6% incrase resist in fire and death ;O i think if i go for gurdian phase
    Last edited by Godest; 06-25-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    hi guys took me sometime to make this post so plz replay to it with all serious you got i really need answer
    so my big delima is how should 28 Rs soul look like. we all know that ppl who play 38/28 build are not those who seek insane dps in game it all known that this build is to hussle and annoy healers/mages and kill them if possible. so my question is
    this is my build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VckcuRdRoo.-6 ( i run guradian stance always )
    Questions

1. Does smoldring blades overroll better then melted skin 2/2 + hellfire blades?
    2.does unstable state effect all nb skills (death+Fire) ?
    3.what is more importand great fortutide or shadow guard ?
    4. does improved gurdian really needed ?
    5. how can i improve my build that i use 38/28 , what u think i should switch bettwen ?
    my mainly goal only use gurdian phase !.

p.s my Gear is full r36 and i am R40 my self. smth like 1270 valor +-
    You're going to want to use Stalker phase... first off. IF you are looking for a trolling build, and want to use guardian phase, you're going to want to use a RS build with 38 rs in it. All you will be is a trolling build. I personally find 38nb/28rs to be fairly crappy. It's a beginner spec for some survivability but little damage. If I want damage, I use a damage spec, if I want to troll folks.. I use a troll spec. I eat 38/28's all day long in either of those builds I use though, since it tries to do both, but does neither very well.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Experts only, lol.

1. You go 1/2 Melted Skin and run Hellfire BLades.
    2. Yes.
    3. Great Fortitude.
    4. No. You don't have enough in Riftstalker to really see a big benefit, and you should be in Stalker most of the time at your rank anyway. If you insist on running Guardian, then yes, take it + Improved RG, at the cost of points in Great Fortitude.
    5. For your purposes, try something like this.
    If he's running Guardian Phase, should definitely pick up Planar Vortex.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    If he's running Guardian Phase, should definitely pick up Planar Vortex.
    For splash AoE damage?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    this.

going over 22 RS and you only gain minor survivability and lose a crap ton of DPS.

P8, 5/8 ID, HK Conq 11/11 (gear)
    Rogue - Seastone, Defiant
    "Release the attack squirrels!"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    You're going to want to use Stalker phase... first off. IF you are looking for a trolling build, and want to use guardian phase, you're going to want to use a RS build with 38 rs in it. All you will be is a trolling build. I personally find 38nb/28rs to be fairly crappy. It's a beginner spec for some survivability but little damage. If I want damage, I use a damage spec, if I want to troll folks.. I use a troll spec. I eat 38/28's all day long in either of those builds I use though, since it tries to do both, but does neither very well.
    what spec u use that eat 38/28 and 28/38 ?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    what spec u use that eat 38/28 and 28/38 ?
    With nb/rs variants, I use 48/18. It is balls to the wall dps, and devours any 38/28 I've fought, and could kill pre-nerf wardens. (though some required hk crystal for it)

For trolling, I use 26sin/38rs/2nb. I come out at 90% + hp against nb/rs. And... eat riftstorms with a smile.
    (Akryon's mirror or whatever is required for this build, or way of Water trinket)

I also kill them with my 51 sin build.

Those builds do kill my sabo, but that's due to sabo not working well against anything that can port you to repeatedly.

38nb/28rs is a subpar spec.

Telaran

post ur sin/rs/nb spec plz and tell me where i can get trinkets i did not play since 1.5 ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    ewww no lingering flame? gotta get that burst double hit SoD from finishers!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iGtRuqg0ss.-6

that is what i use, it's a very dps heavy version of the spec based off sustain from rift scavenger on kills, i only suggest using it if you have good weapons and PA to actually deal the dmg needed to make it work.
    Last edited by wickede; 06-25-2012 at 08:03 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    ewww no lingering flame? gotta get that burst double hit SoD from finishers!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iGtRuqg0ss.-6

that is what i use, it's a very dps heavy version of the spec based off sustain from rift scavenger on kills, i only suggest using it if you have good weapons and PA to actually deal the dmg needed to make it work.
    That's similar to my 48/18 I use. I go with a touch more damage out of blackout. 4% more death, and 2 more scourges... but yeah. Yours would have an extra port which is nice. 48/18 with the HK crystal... and a pocket healer = nasty as all get out. Probably about how a warrior feels these days. :P But.. you'll also explode like a zit, where as a warrior can keep going a while heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    That's similar to my 48/18 I use. I go with a touch more damage out of blackout. 4% more death, and 2 more scourges... but yeah. Yours would have an extra port which is nice. 48/18 with the HK crystal... and a pocket healer = nasty as all get out. Probably about how a warrior feels these days. :P But.. you'll also explode like a zit, where as a warrior can keep going a while heh.
    i will never use an 18 rs spec, those 2 points for the third port are too important.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    i will never use an 18 rs spec, those 2 points for the third port are too important.
    I might give 46/20 a try when I free up another slot. Unfortunately I have to try and balance raid slots and pvp slots. 6 is not enough in the least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast