+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about rogue plz read and answer

Telaran

Default question about rogue plz read and answer

so i did not play rift since 1.5 and i back few days ago i am full Rank 8 and got all to pvp gear
    i play nb/rs 40/26 mostly and Bard 34/32 Rs and i find out that rouges at top pvp tier are weak againt top pvp geared players..

but warriors just Face melting everything... is there usefull build that rogue can be effective as warrior or am i back to 1.02 again? where warriors 3 shoot ppl ?

Telaran

bump bump bump

Rift Chaser

There are some pvp guides in the guide section. I am only 20 of 40 personally and not great at pvp by any means. I have only done more damage than taken with 44 or higher NB and 51 ranger. NB is much more durable and can kill a warrior if you kite a bit, they are too stupid to purge and you hit your cooldowns before it is too late.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    There are some pvp guides in the guide section. I am only 20 of 40 personally and not great at pvp by any means. I have only done more damage than taken with 44 or higher NB and 51 ranger. NB is much more durable and can kill a warrior if you kite a bit, they are too stupid to purge and you hit your cooldowns before it is too late.
    nb 51 in pvp? i dout it will win warrior .... and 44 nb not worth playing.. blackout pointless if u only 44 points.

Marksman. Kite the Warrior. There's more info under 'Marksman' in the guide in my sig.
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

marksman better then sabo 51?

Quote Originally Posted by Godest View Post
    marksman better then sabo 51?
    For a noob, yes.

Plane Walker

Markman I think would be a better choice overall than sab if you're not decently geared (and by that I mean past t1 pve/pvp gear.) After that sab becomes less of support damage and more of actually laying down burst on groups.

But things to know about sab:
    It's a burst hero. The aoe is great overall but only at those moments where you can layer burst upon burst will you actually cause a dent in others. It's utilities are good for large crowds also, such as slowing them and applying a dot aoe on a capture point.

You're gonna be very squishy. Being a sab with less than 6k hp is asking to be killed on sight.
    However, pvp is jumbled up so really if someone targets you (or anyone else in the below 6k hp range) you'll drop quick unless there's a healer about ready to save you. Actually, even if u have more hp, you're still squishy, hp just gives you more time to react.

People can move while you lay your charges on them. They choose to exclude themselves from the group in order for the whole to take less damage. You can make the mistake of just bursting down one person on the right instead of the group in the middle.

And to another point, being a sab with low ap is really a hinderance. I've seen sabs trying to burst me but I take only 200-300ish per charge. That's 1.5k ish plus the finisher right? There are abilities that other classes can use to reduce damage to a certain amount of time to make your initial burst fall behind. Don't waste your precious burst on a target with a damage reduction buff, you'll end up wasting it and leave yourself open to death (which is all the time anyways, with sab it's get them before they get you.)

However, Marksman that go 44 or 51 into the soul are useful even if they're low ranked as:
    eradicate, removing buffs is one of the best things an mm has besides mobility. Some buffs don't go away but annoying ones, such as damage reduction or in general buffs that increase damage are likely to be able to be removed.

Mobility, if you're quick with your finger tips, you can run like hell when there's a risk of dying about. Ask Zaros about that. (HAR HAR, but no really, it's amazing how far he gets.)

Also your vampiric munitions cuts healing by half on the target, so it's always good to get that going.

There's lots of variants, from glass to mobile to tanky, but the utility is universal with deep markman.
    Last edited by Rozel; 06-23-2012 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Grammar nazis in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    For a noob, yes.
    Or just for differing situations.

MM and Sab are vastly different, and excel in different situations.
    ~Quiescent

If you play Marksman, ffs, please use Eradicate.

The number of times I watch four or five MMs on my team trying to Swift Shot an NB/RS to death while I'm playing bard and watching him just refresh RG/offensive buffs and maul people to death is just enraging. Purge that [expletive] into the ground.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    If you play Marksman, ffs, please use Eradicate.
    Yes. Esp if you see a nightblade. Don't bother doing anything else but eradicate.

Also, remove Fan Out from your hotbar. Most MM who use Fan Out just kind of scream "HAY GUYS COME KILL ME!! LOL" Unless you can practice restraint and only use Fan Out at control points, just... hide it.

Kiting warriors is pretty fun. For instance, retreat, quick reload, retreat can put a lot of distance between you and warriors (and piss them off). If you have RS in your build you should have a teleport as well.

Plane Walker

I do get hate for fanning out, but it's just so fun to be on the wall in bg and just spam it on the fang. I have a gun so there aren't any streaks through the air. I stayed on the wall the whole game for lols, switching from single-targeting to fanning out when it looks as if they might get fang.

I'm sure I wouldn't have stayed though if i was being focused, but to the one warrior who actually ran onto the wall to get me, nice try.

+ Reply to Thread