+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp Builds

Default Pvp Builds

Coming back to Rift after a very long hiatus, and I'm sure lots has changed! Just curious as to what's the new favourite PvP builds these days? What kind of variants? I played many different range and melee builds so I'm wanting to have the option to play either again if possible. And how viable are Rogues in PvP? I wouldn't play anything else, love the character, but they were pretty terrible when I stopped playing at the time haha.
    Last edited by Rideyn; 06-21-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    Tonzilly - Prestige 7 Rogue

Best Rogue PVP builds are 44/22 MM/RS, 51/11/4 Saboteur/MM/RS, and 51/15 MM/Ranger.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

I'm enjoying 51 mm/13 nb/ 2 rs for the glass cannon, wouldn't really go toe to toe with someone though.
    But the damage is fun to watch with a friend.

I use 51mm-10rng-5rs (grabbing crippling), 51sab-10mm-5rs and 51sin-10mm-5rs.

Go to and best spec is the 51mm-10rng-5rs, I'll usually end up about 15 PKs and 2 deaths per match. Glass cannon MM is the way to go, if you're getting hit as a MM you're doing something wrong. There will be times where you're focused or a warrior will have it out for you but you should be able to get away the majority of the time.

51 sin is in there for when conquest comes out.... might try 51sin-6rng-9mm instead though for a snare. Most of these are my pve specs I use in pvp but crippling could be worth a role in itself in a 51 sin spec.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-22-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Thanks for the replies! Running with a sab build right now, pretty fun. Back in the day I did love to play 51sin variants, are those still viable these days? I see you mentioned using it for 1.9, is it not that good for right now?
    Tonzilly - Prestige 7 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Rideyn View Post
    Thanks for the replies! Running with a sab build right now, pretty fun. Back in the day I did love to play 51sin variants, are those still viable these days? I see you mentioned using it for 1.9, is it not that good for right now?
    No, it's not that great. However with the release of conquest I can see it being useful. Best specs always depend on the context you're using the spec in.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-24-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Telaran

I'm not saying this is the *best* spec, but i use 51 sin 13 bd 2 mm (i could use 15 bd 0 ranger, but i like hasted (2 mm) for catching people, and i like the int and the charge from bd).

I also run 4pc HK with sin crystal, HK weapons and rings, because it knocks people down faster than full pvp gear.

I open with stealth-stun immediately into 3 CP bleed finisher, then spam to 5 and final blow if they're still in melee. I stun if they start wailing on me or if they run away, int if they're casting. From then, i'll pray that they're almost dead (or dead) or that i have help cause if i don't have side steps, i'm pretty much boned.

I typically own on kb's (cause i'll be lame and snipe people's kills with an assassinate) and if it's a heavy LOS WF like library or BG, i can kill and run away like a good rogue.

Definitely a fun spec
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    I'm enjoying 51 mm/13 nb/ 2 rs for the glass cannon, wouldn't really go toe to toe with someone though.
    Why not do 51MM/10RS/5Sab?

I've compared specs a bit, feels like in PvP, the 5 sab gets 3% crit and AP and also scales up the 15% AP from RS.

I figured the 15% on combo point generators and finishers in NB gets outdone by 15% dex in sab because it does the same thing, but also adds crit.

Plus you can get 6% damage reduction in RS, and an AoE snare in sab.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Rift Master

Personally running 44MM/22Rng/0RS. Kind of a glass cannon, but loses less damage while running/kiting, and.. can't forfeit Concussive Blast. Ooooh.. Concussive Blast... *starts salivating*

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Why not do 51MM/10RS/5Sab?

I've compared specs a bit, feels like in PvP, the 5 sab gets 3% crit and AP and also scales up the 15% AP from RS.

I figured the 15% on combo point generators and finishers in NB gets outdone by 15% dex in sab because it does the same thing, but also adds crit.

Plus you can get 6% damage reduction in RS, and an AoE snare in sab.
    51 mm/13 nb/2 rs is a build I used when I was in seductionist gear and had around 5k hp. That was before they changed the rankings to 40. I thought I did pretty well with what I had, and after a while of using other specs, I decided to play it again, this time at p40 with all the kinks with it.

I like it more now as the 15% damage increase plus 6% more from the third tier (I forgot what it's called) makes 51 mm hit like a truck. Standing still more so. I'm not really worried about damage reduction as marksman still has it's utilities to escape and by "with a friend" I mean being not the center of attention. If I am targeted, I kite or run away. I let teammates bring the person down while I run like mad.

But I'll try 51 mm/10 rs/ 5sab. It doesn't appeal to me as much as I thought damage modifiers did more than percent increases in stats.

I use 51MM/8 Ran, 7 Sin. Works very well for Loony. Also use the same spec for the most with my alts.

Here is the build I use http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...udR.VMz.0VM.-6 . It is very effective. Makes a excellent glass cannon.

Also it lets me sneak into a position I would prefer.
    Last edited by Maidden; 06-25-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Exo

These might not be the best spec's to run but there the ones I use the most

Port Scion/Libary== Sab http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...rqkkk.x0x.V.-5 Also a pve build just change your gear to what you use in pvp and it does great aoe dmg.

white fall/black garden/Libary = http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...s.VcthuRboo.-5 Great Cd'd to take licking and keep ticking

Codex/world PVP = http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...odbR.V0toho.-0 nice to hit hide and watch die or hit and then poof gone again

The build does not make pvp better you can roll what ever spec you like you just need to know the spec inside and out. Good reaction time and practice practice practice. Just because its not working for you now doesn't mean toss it and move on. Learn it and you will love what ever you use. Remember if you don't like the play style you will never get good at it so pick a build that is the play style you like to play.

Hope this helps
    Raid lead and Rogue Lead
    "Eternity" Greybriar

Telaran

With this build what would your rotation for a single target be on average?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ftstalker%20(5)

Exo

Quote Originally Posted by toxicheals View Post
    With this build what would your rotation for a single target be on average?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...ftstalker%20(5)

Well in my gear I pull 3.8 to 4.2 on ituziel with that build but i don't like pets in pvp so I don't use it for pvp

I am full HK relic+ ROTP gloves
    aky and rotp g dagger molten brand Sailors lamet ID ring and hk ring and I have the GI as a trinket the neck off aky
    Raid lead and Rogue Lead
    "Eternity" Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    It's equivalent damage to 51mm 15Rgr, without having to rely on Shadowfire. If you have the HK crystal bonus, the 51/15rgr seems like better burst though. Putting the 2pts into Sab vs. RS gives slightly less dmg, but crit and an aoe snare.

+ Reply to Thread